[Game] Celtics @ Kings

As an aside, does anyone know a site that provides team stats per game? I was hunting around nba.com, realgm, etc, but didn't see anything.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Since when does somebody rubbing someone else the wrong way make them bad in what they do? Your not a fan. And you have every right to your opinion.
Since when does somebody not rubbing someone else the wrong way make them good in what they do? You are a fan. And you have every right to your opinion.

Who, besides the senile burnout Bill Walton, has said that Napear should be in the Hall, with a straight face?

Easily the most impressive win we've had this year and probably in the last few years. We played some serious defense tonight and the ball-movement in the 2nd half was just amazing to watch happen.

I disagree. I'm very excited for this win. I see where you're going. My point was that Reke-haters will basically paint this one as "We won like this because Reke wasn't playing."
As an alternative, how about we won because Smart was forced away from pure 3-guard lineups (discounting the fact that Salmons is a shooting guard) and instead wound up playing 1 guard lineups with decent results.

Allen still killed us from downtown, though.

Napear is also nothing but canned phrases and script reading. He tries to add excitement, but its all predictable and worn out. Kevin Harlan will bust out an exciting play by play you've never heard and fits the moment really well. Grant is just sitting around waiting for the best excuse to say the some old thing. He's unexceptional and highly full of ****. I generally listen to other broadcasters if I can.

If you want to say G-man is great then I'll listen.

we did the same thing to the mavs with tyreke leading the way, lets face it those two wins were catching old tired teams on off nights. i want to see this team do this to a young team. i mean this is a good win, but after the games against the hawks, warriors and pistons, its hard to get excited about this win.
Remind me to never watch a Kings game with you.

Since when does somebody not rubbing someone else the wrong way make them good in what they do? You are a fan. And you have every right to your opinion.

Who, besides the senile burnout Bill Walton, has said that Napear should be in the Hall, with a straight face?
Off top of my head, Mike Breen<NBA Knicks and NFL>, Kevin Harland, Ian Eagle<nets and NFL>, Chuck Shwirsky(sp?)<Bulls>. From Grants show, kings pregame.

I'm not a fan of Marv Albert but I realize hes still very well respected around the league.

Well there you go petrie is a genius makes no trades letting the guys know he believes in them......and they win!!! Young team never know what your going to get but sometimes you see where they will get to.......GO KINGS someday most wins will be this easy!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Easily the most impressive win we've had this year and probably in the last few years. We played some serious defense tonight and the ball-movement in the 2nd half was just amazing to watch happen.

Whoa there horsie. :)

We looked good, but this is one of those games like the Dallas game where people are kinda stuck in the past on these old championship contenders on the way down. Boston is not a great team anymore. Or even close. They're barely over .500. Have a 7-12 road record. This was a fairly weak opponent.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Off top of my head, Mike Breen<NBA Knicks and NFL>, Kevin Harland, Ian Eagle<nets and NFL>, Chuck Shwirsky(sp?)<Bulls>. From Grants show, kings pregame.

I'm not a fan of Marv Albert but I realize hes still very well respected around the league.
On Grant's show, you say? No kidding?

I'd like to know how many other announcers, when asked by a third party, put Napear in their top five?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whoa there horsie. :)

We looked good, but this is oe of those game slike the Dallas game where people are kinda stuck in the past on these old championship contenders on the way down. Boston is not a great team anymore. Or even close. They're barely over .500. Have a 7-12 road record. This was a fairly weak opponent.
Hey, dude! In the words of the immortal Bill Walton, "Watch it. You're harshing my buzz."

It has been my (completely anecdotal, I will grant you) experience that fans' opinion of the play-by-play man tends to be directly proportional to that given fan's opinion of the team the play-by-play man represents. Someone who likes, say, the Kings, will overlook, and even laud, behavior from their broadcast team that makes them want to throw things at their television when they hear broadcasters from rival teams act the exact same way.

As to the question of Napear, he is awful because he is overly opinionated (that's the color man's job, not the play-by-play man), and obnoxious. He is also disingenuous, trends towards hypocrisy, and is too much a company shill for my tastes. He praises who he's told, and he slams who he's told (e.g., his gag order about the coach), and only who he's told, and I can do without his particular brand of brow beating/proselytizing.

I generally consider "passion" to be overrated on the part of the play-by-play man and, to the extent that I do want to see it, I prefer it to be of the reasonably neutral Kevin Harlan/Mike Bennett/Matt Devlin variety, as opposed to Napear's "company stooge" variety.

That elaborate enough for you?
Sorry dude, but you can't blame Napier for that. He's works for the maloofs and there's certain things he can and can't say....Blame the maloofs if you want, but don't blame Napier......If Napier left the only person I think I'd want to see him replaced by would be "The G Man".. The G Man is one of the best out there.........

Sorry dude, but you can't blame Napier for that. He's works for the maloofs and there's certain things he can and can't say....Blame the maloofs if you want, but don't blame Napier......If Napier left the only person I think I'd want to see him replaced by would be "The G Man".. The G Man is one of the best out there.........
The G-Man is much more even handed and realistic when doling out praise and blame. Thing is he is polite and not insulting when doing it so he gets a lot more mileage out of his assessments.

Grant's ******* style (on the radio) has pretty much dictated that he is beholden to his bosses... because he carries so little weight with the general public due to his history of inflammatory remarks and rudeness. He serves one master while the G-man serves us all. (Don't ask me why I got so philosophical towards the end there.)

G man is the gold standard for both play by play and professionalism when it comes to sports broadcast journalism. He's pure old school class.

If ever G man came over to the TV side... the difference would be obvious.

The G-Man is much more even handed and realistic when doling out praise and blame. Thing is he is polite and not insulting when doing it so he gets a lot more mileage out of his assessments.

Grant's ******* style (on the radio) has pretty much dictated that he is beholden to his bosses... because he carries so little weight with the general public due to his history of inflammatory remarks and rudeness. He serves one master while the G-man serves us all. (Don't ask me why I got so philosophical towards the end there.)

G man is the gold standard for both play by play and professionalism when it comes to sports broadcast journalism. He's pure old school class.

If ever G man came over to the TV side... the difference would be obvious.
+1 for the Gary Gerould!