Put that together and well that's why we're going to lose. Good effort though

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
1. Celtics are a way better team than us
2. They're outrebounding us
3. Turnovers
Put that together and well that's why we're going to lose. Good effort though
This. Winning two games in a row doesn't suddenly turn us into the '97 Bulls

I don't think we should disappointed with this loss. It would have really really awesome if we won, words can't describe how much I'd be cheering. But we got outplayed by a much much better team, but gave a strong effort nonetheless. Obviously we're still a work in progress and at times we still make careless and dumb plays, but hey I think it's clear that we're on the upswing. Another good showing by DMC. What our team needs is a consistent 3rd punch to win a lot more games. Both Tyreke and DMC are sort of up and down now, and we need someone else to step it up in order to win, be it Sammy catching fire or Beno, Omri etc. And this applies not only now but in the long run as well.

I'd have to say Beno lost this one for us. Baad D on Ray and was largely counterproductive on offense. Dally also hurt us when he attempted those shots...he needs to learn that he shouldn't shoot anything besides an open 10-12 footer or a layup/dunk.

Why do i hear a lot of cheers when Boston scores? Sorry i haven't into Arco before just curious.
Mostly just weak-willed bandwagon Celtics fans who never showed themselves in years past until they became good again. Couple that with some bad Kings teams in recent years and local bandwagoners have to look elsewhere to throw their support behind. (see: 90% of Lakers fans)

I don't think we need excuses for this loss. Only positives as to why we were ever in the game.
Lots of positives to take, but there are definitely explanations for why we lost this (as opposed to the Celtics winning it outright). One standout reason is that stretch where we went to the Dalembert iso section of the playbook, aka the "How to reliably lose a basketball game" section of the playbook. Beno absolutely adores this section. Westphal mind-bogglingly has not burned it in a gasoline fire.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's right. Signing Prince and Nene will, though. :rolleyes:
Having Prince and Nene out there instead of Omri and lets say Landry very likely would have won us this game, which would be three in a row over 3 of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league. Its right there now. All we need is a few more steady contributors and a little growth to put us over the top into being a good team. And we havbe the assets to acheive those things in the near future.

I'd have to say Beno lost this one for us. Baad D on Ray and was largely counterproductive on offense. Dally also hurt us when he attempted those shots...he needs to learn that he shouldn't shoot anything besides an open 10-12 footer or a layup/dunk.
Uh, why was beno on Allen in the first place? Did you really expect him to do anything against Allen?

I didn't see the game last night, but I had to laugh at this quote from KG in the ESPN write up.

A physical game spilled over after Garnett dived for a loose ball near the Kings bench late in the second quarter. Cousins stood over the Celtics big man -- still wearing a bandage on his head from a gash that opened in the previous game against the Lakers -- with the ball already out of bounds. Rondo came to his teammate's aid, exchanged words with Cousins and pushed the Kings forward in the chest.

"It was all in the game and it wasn't nothing personal or dislike," Cousins said. "That was the Celtics, and I was standing my ground. But it was really nothing."

Added Garnett: "We're a very proud team. We don't really do that to other people and just want hold up some decency in this game and respect. We all have each other's back. I guess [Rondo] felt he was standing over me, which is inappropriate to us."
KG? Are you effing serious? I thought I couldn't dislike KG anymore than I already did, he proved me wrong.

Uh, why was beno on Allen in the first place? Did you really expect him to do anything against Allen?
maybe cuz he would have been torched by rondo. id rather have him chase around a jump shooter than get beat repetatively to the rim where rondo scores or breaks down our defense.