Cauley-Stein! Mudiay! (split from the Clippers [Game] thread)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Riiiiiight...He is soft, can't score..he was a role player at UK and got drafted that high because he played for Calipari. We fell for it. Out of the league in 2 or 3 years tops
I mean, if we're making random "gonna be out of the league in three years" arguments, Mudiay is a tweener who can't shoot, produces turnovers like a Brooklyn bakery, and displays the situational awareness of a deaf bat at times.

K

KingsFan80

Name one GM who would have drafted Turner over WCS? Oh wait you can't the GM that took Turner wanted WCS over him. Get that poopoo outs here anyone can draft the perfect team years after the draft
Give me a break. I am a UK fan and watched every UK game that year. I was watching the draft at home and knew WCS would not be a good NBA player--hell any UK fan knew that! He was a role player at best during his time at UK.

K

KingsFan80

I mean, if we're making random "gonna be out of the league in three years" arguments, Mudiay is a tweener who can't shoot, produces turnovers like a Brooklyn bakery, and displays the situational awareness of a deaf bat at times.
and got a triple double tonight as a 20 year old. WCS is a 23 year old that cannot even score 10 points

K

KingsFan80

FFS... is anyone familiar with the concept of excluded middle any more? You can't possibly believe that there's no middle ground between "out of the league in two years" and "better than Myles Turner"?
the other guy was trying to say wcs was good. Two different topics

F

Fora Dragi

Why don't you kindly go through this list here of per 36 and tell me exactly why you are talking so much poopoo about Willie. His per 36 numbers in comparison to the 2 dudes you listed don't put him that far off them. Then kindly please go somewhere the hell else with your agenda driven drivel.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017_per_minute.html
Come on please be serious you can't compare per 36 or 48 projections. Smh. Willie is gonna take time to develop but let's not do this.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
K

KingsFan80

Why don't you kindly go through this list here of per 36 and tell me exactly why you are talking so much poopoo about Willie. His per 36 numbers in comparison to the 2 dudes you listed don't put him that far off them. Then kindly please go somewhere the hell else with your agenda driven drivel.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017_per_minute.html
I am not taking the time to do any of that. Anyone can see that Booker is 20 years old and already making an impact or Turner or Mudiay etc. vs. WCS who is already 23 years old and still developing ? Do you know how good Cousins was at age 23? John Wall at age 23? Do you realize Anthony Davis is only 23 years old right now and it seems like he has been in the league forever! Give me a break. WCS was a role player at UK for three years. He will never be much better than he is right now

I posted this before the 2015 draft, but maybe Chris Webber knows something about scouting big men:

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/po...cizes-cauley-stein-radio-calls-haters-twitter

"These days in basketball, if you're a junior in basketball, and you're 7-feet and you don't average 10 points, you're telling me he could be a DeAndre Jordan? There's no way. ... There is no way in the world. He can't jump as high. DeAndre Jordan is like 7-15, he's big, he weighs like 1,000 pounds. This kid is like 7-foot, he weighs like 200.

"He will not start in the league. He's a great kid, and hopefully he will have an NBA career."

bajaden

Hall of Famer
WCS is terrible. Trade him now while he still has some value. Won't be in the league in two years
The major difference between Willie and Mudiay, other than height, is that Mudiay is getting 32 minutes a night, and trust me, if the Nuggets had another competent PG to go to he wouldn't be getting those minutes. You need a reality check my friend. Mudiay has been downright terrible at times. He can't shoot a lick, and I've had my fill of PG's that can't shoot. In summer league he went head to head with Kris Dunn, and he got schooled. He couldn't guard Dunn, and he couldn't do anything against Dunn offensively, except turn the ball over. He may eventually be be what the Nuggets are looking for, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I hope you don't put any money on that
I hope your aware that Willie is far ahead of where Whiteside was at the same point in time. Look, all this stuff about Willie is nonsense, and so is anything about Mudiay. Both players are in their second years in the league. To pass judgement on either of them at this point in time is stupid. I've been watching NBA basketball for well over fifty years, and trust me, you don't judge players until their 3 or 4th year in the league. If said player has had a different coach every year, then you cut him more slack. Last year Willie was a bit lucky. He came from a school that played a dribble drive offense to the Kings and Karl that played a dribble drive offense. So there wasn't much learning to do.

This year, it all changed, and Willie is struggling a little, both on offense and on the defensive end. As I said a couple of weeks ago, he looks like he's thinking too muvh instead of just reacting. He has some physical skills that are extremely rare in a seven footer, and you just don't give up on that after one year and 14 games. Dirk was almost run out of Dallas after his rookie year. A lot of fans there considered him a bust. DeAndre Jordan didn't look anything like the player he is today until his third year in the league.
His first year he averaged 14;33 mpg, 4.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, and 1.1 blk's per game. His second year he averaged 16:14 mpg, 4.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, and 0.9 blk's per game.

I could go on and on showing you players that didn't show up until their third of fourth year. You draft a player based on his long term potential, and once drafted, it's up to the organization to develop that potential. Unless you've drafted Michael Jordan or Lebron James, it usually take far more than one year. If not, then you got lucky.