Cauley-Stein! Mudiay! (split from the Clippers [Game] thread)

K

KingsFan80

Dear lord. I ask this in all honesty, are you in any way related to Emmanuel Mudiay? He's literally the only person you ever post about.
Because he could be in a Kings uniform....it helps to have talent ya know that right?

K

KingsFan80

Mudiay is shooting 36% in his career and averages 4 turnovers per game. He might turn into a player but at this point he's Tyreke Evans-LITE and Reke didn't exactly set the league on fire after his ROY performance
What is WCS doing? You seriously think he is better? I would take Mudiay shooting 28% over the garbage we get from WCS. This is depressing to watch. I feel sorry for Cousins

What is WCS doing? You seriously think he is better? I would take Mudiay shooting 28% over the garbage we get from WCS. This is depressing to watch. I feel sorry for Cousins
Believe me I am not defending Willie, he deserves all the valid criticism he gets. I wanted the Kings to draft Mudiay. I just want to set the record straight he's not exactly setting the NBA ablaze.

K

KingsFan80

Believe me I am not defending Willie, he deserves all the valid criticism he gets. I wanted the Kings to draft Mudiay. I just want to set the record straight he's not exactly setting the NBA ablaze.
Right...but he would be something to look forward to right now. I won't mention him anymore on here as I know you all are getting annoyed. But I love the Kings and it just pains me to see mistakes like this one

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, I was pro-Mudiay as well but he's not even top three on my hindsight-aided list of guys we should have drafted instead of WCS.

Right...but he would be something to look forward to right now. I won't mention him anymore on here as I know you all are getting annoyed. But I love the Kings and it just pains me to see mistakes like this one
It's not annoying to me. But I think to say we should have drafted Mudiay is not a definitive statement when we he is shooting 35%.

Now when someone like myself can watch 1/2 hour of clips and say without ANY equivocation (and you can look it up) that Myles Turner reminds me of Kevin Durant and Vlade barely gives this kid a passing glance you have to wonder WTF?!?!

Myles Turner has a 21 PER, he's 14 PPG 7 RPG and 2.4 BLOCKS PER GAME and the KID is 20 years old. Willie is turning 23!!!! So it calls into question the talent evaluation prowess of our GM when an arm-chair fan like myself can out-GM him from the comfort of my living room.

K

KingsFan80

It's not annoying to me. But I think to say we should have drafted Mudiay is not a definitive statement when we he is shooting 35%.

Now when someone like myself can watch 1/2 hour of clips and say without ANY equivocation (and you can look it up) that Myles Turner reminds me of Kevin Durant and Vlade barely gives this kid a passing glance you have to wonder WTF?!?!

Myles Turner has a 21 PER, he's 14 PPG 7 RPG and 2.4 BLOCKS PER GAME and the KID is 20 years old. Willie is turning 23!!!! So it calls into question the talent evaluation prowess of our GM when an arm-chair fan like myself can out-GM him from the comfort of my living room.
Fair point...As you know I am not a fan of Vlade at all. I know some minority owners...when I say he doesn't know what he is doing that isn't coming from my opinion.

Yeah, I was pro-Mudiay as well but he's not even top three on my hindsight-aided list of guys we should have drafted instead of WCS.
I didn't need hindsight. I would have drafted Mudiay, Winslow, Turner and Stanley Johnson before Willie. Willie was an old rookie with an inclination to disappear in big moments. He wasn't featured at Kentucky, but cream rises to the top. He didn't rise.

Vlade drafted Willie because he wanted immediate output and turnaround and his Chicago numbers were impressive. But he went for the quick fix instead of the broader perspective and long term upside. Its coming back to bite him in the butt. I don't want to give up on Willie just yet, but the guy looks terrible.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
At one point I believed that could be a possibility.

Willie has done a damn good job killing pretty much all the faith I had in him though. He's been near useless more often than not...
He's actually been alright thus far in the homestand. Those three fouls in one quarter sorta skew things though.

K

KingsFan80

A long athletic 7 foot rim runner?? If you wanna make a bet Willie won't hit 12&8 with 2 blocks a game then sure, I will take your money.
Riiiiiight...He is soft, can't score..he was a role player at UK and got drafted that high because he played for Calipari. We fell for it. Out of the league in 2 or 3 years tops

Name one GM who would have drafted Turner over WCS? Oh wait you can't the GM that took Turner wanted WCS over him. Get that crap outs here anyone can draft the perfect team years after the draft