Carmichael Dave innuendo, "We are officially at Defcon One"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm more excited by the prospect of the GM/advisor being fired than signing George Karl.

Wouldn't shock me if Karl either wants the GM job himself, or more likely that he demands an assurance that he'll play a major role in hiring the next GM.

It's kinda time to stop messing around with the inexperienced PDA. Vivek got embarrassed pretty badly by this. They were about as wrong as anyone could possibly be thinking Corbin was anything close to even a lateral move, much less an upgrade. I sincerely doubt vivek would go out there and declare Corbin will win more games if someone hadn't spent a lot of time convincing him.

How one could be so blissfully, arrogantly, and condescendingly ignorant to the possibility of full blown mutiny by the players and fans blew me away from the very beginning.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much with the way things have progressed over the last month or so but check out Karl's attire this morning on SportsCenter. Hopefully its a signal, things have gotten so bad that I'm looking for hope anywhere I can find it. 20150207_061720.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is there is some serious hard ball being played between our FO and Karl's people. He knows this'll be his last run. Yes, he wants to coach and could go many places, but he's gonna get the best damn deal he can. My guess is there is much more being negotiated than just salary, such as agreements on control/meddling, etc. And good for him. Maybe we need a strong willed coach with massive cred such as Karl to stand up to the FO. If they (and us) see Karl walk to the Magic... that would just be further humiliation, and reinforce their image as self important meddlers with inferior basketball knowledge. If Karl walks, it just puts more pressure on them to win, and when that inevitably won't happen, the implosion will be more complete. Of course, they could just agree to pay Karl and let him coach the damn team. There's a novel concept.
I really don't need a pound of PDA's flesh in the deal anymore. Let him keep his job - he's a smart salary cap guy and can be the 'administrator' for the rest of his contract, only subtly, behind the scenes, answering to Karl.

I do hope Karl gets it in his contract that NOBODY speaks for the basketball team but Karl. Not Vivek, not D'Alessandro, not pacin Mullin, and for sure, definitely, not Leslie pacing Moore. None of them.

I don't remember Geoff Petrie second-guessing the coaching decisions of Rick Adelman. Ever. I think once it was implied that the FO dorks were trying to get Adelman to play Jason Hart more minutes or something - and it was a joke that everybody laughed at.

When CD confirms there is a complicated reason that the Kings don't just hire Karl, it means there may be more than a coaching change.

As someone said earlier, Karl is not going to want any part of answering to PDA. PDA is probably fighting for his job right now in one way or another. It may be an uphill battle because Vivek and the rest of the owners have been embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

If I were an owner and things turned this bad this quickly, I'd want to hit the reset button. That means PDA, Mullin and Corbin have to go.

Defcon 1, even in the context that Dave is using, doesn't mean everything is coming up roses. It means that some hard decisions are being made internally, but in the end, Kings fans should be happy.

I really don't need a pound of PDA's flesh in the deal anymore. Let him keep his job - he's a smart salary cap guy and can be the 'administrator' for the rest of his contract, only subtly, behind the scenes, answering to Karl.

I do hope Karl gets it in his contract that NOBODY speaks for the basketball team but Karl. Not Vivek, not D'Alessandro, not pacin Mullin, and for sure, definitely, not Leslie pacing Moore. None of them.

I don't remember Geoff Petrie second-guessing the coaching decisions of Rick Adelman. Ever. I think once it was implied that the FO dorks were trying to get Adelman to play Jason Hart more minutes or something - and it was a joke that everybody laughed at.

That condescending radio "interview" pretty much sealed the deal for me. True colors.

He's a twerpy stats geek with no balls. As evident in his complete disappearance the last 6 weeks.

Say what you want about Pete D'Alessandro but I don't think anybody can say he lacks balls. He didn't disappear - he got on a bus full of fans to the Warriors game. He called disgruntled STH (criticize that use of time by a gm all you want but I thought it was pretty cool although it didn't make me renew - I did get to tell him what was on my mind and what I thought of 'pace' - which you've all noticed I use in place of the F word now).

The average hoops fan would enjoy having a beer with Pete D'Alessandro. He just had a power play backfire on him - and tragically stupidly didn't realize what the on-court fallout and fan fallout would be. I think that is going to be a complete career buster for him I can't imagine him being an NBA GM again.

Oh yeah - he's a lawyer (liar) too. He paced over Rudy Gay pretty badly I think.

But... he doesn't lack balls.

When CD confirms there is a complicated reason that the Kings don't just hire Karl, it means there may be more than a coaching change.

As someone said earlier, Karl is not going to want any part of answering to PDA. PDA is probably fighting for his job right now in one way or another. It may be an uphill battle because Vivek and the rest of the owners have been embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

If I were an owner and things turned this bad this quickly, I'd want to hit the reset button. That means PDA, Mullin and Corbin have to go.

Defcon 1, even in the context that Dave is using, doesn't mean everything is coming up roses. It means that some hard decisions are being made internally, but in the end, Kings fans should be happy.

Dave referenced politics. I think the issue is some of the folks in the front office may not have the best relationship with Karl. COUGH MULLIN COUGH.

I don't think PDA would have an issue with Karl, or vice versa.

Say what you want about Pete D'Alessandro but I don't think anybody can say he lacks balls. He didn't disappear - he got on a bus full of fans to the Warriors game. He called disgruntled STH (criticize that use of time by a gm all you want but I thought it was pretty cool although it didn't make me renew - I did get to tell him what was on my mind and what I thought of 'pace' - which you've all noticed I use in place of the F word now).

The average hoops fan would enjoy having a beer with Pete D'Alessandro. He just had a power play backfire on him - and tragically stupidly didn't realize what the on-court fallout and fan fallout would be. I think that is going to be a complete career buster for him I can't imagine him being an NBA GM again.

Oh yeah - he's a lawyer (liar) too. He paced over Rudy Gay pretty badly I think.

But... he doesn't lack balls.

I didn't know about any of this.

Dave referenced politics. I think the issue is some of the folks in the front office may not have the best relationship with Karl. COUGH MULLIN COUGH.

I don't think PDA would have an issue with Karl, or vice versa.
This was written (by our own Fireplug) in December: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/12/30/7472521/history-says-coach-karl-may-not-have-kings-chance I think Dave RT'd it and suggested he was on to something.

I imagine this role is tough for Dave, being a fan at heart but having access to info he can't do much with.

SacBee just posted an article saying talks with Karl were heating up...

Fire PDA, let Karl GM/coach. Worked for the Bucks.

Last edited:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs-coach-tyrone-corbin-george-karl/23035431/

Amick reporting that PDA is the one advocating for Karl, which is a somewhat surprising, or at least new information.

That leaves Mullin, or some lower level front office figure as the one against him. Unless it's Vivek who doesn't want Karl, which wouldn't really be a political issue considering he's the owner. He can do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want Karl, why would the Kings be talking to him?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs-coach-tyrone-corbin-george-karl/23035431/

Amick reporting that PDA is the one advocating for Karl, which is a somewhat surprising, or at least new information.

That leaves Mullin, or some lower level front office figure as the one against him. Unless it's Vivek who doesn't want Karl, which wouldn't really be a political issue considering he's the owner. He can do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want Karl, why would the Kings be talking to him?
Beat me to the post by a minute!

I don't think the reports that PDA wants Karl are new. They just tend to get drowned out here.

Beat me to the post by a minute!

I don't think the reports that PDA wants Karl are new. They just tend to get drowned out here.
I was concerned that that might not be the case. Especially if Karl wanted more control than your average coach. If Karl wanted to be a part of roster decisions, I'd think the GM would be the last guy advocating for him. But we never knew what Karl wanted. We still don't.

There is still that layer of 'if everyone wants Karl, who's keeping him away' ... and at least at this point, we can rule out PDA.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Except he can't. This isn't a Maloof family absolute control situation anymore. The new regime is structured more like a boardroom and the chairperson can't just ignore everyone else lest he desire to be thrown to the curb.

Except he can't. This isn't a Maloof family absolute control situation anymore. The new regime is structured more like a boardroom and the chairperson can't just ignore everyone else lest he desire to be thrown to the curb.
I hear you, but Vivek is not going to hire a coach he doesn't want. I just can't see that ever being the case.

If reports are true about PDA wanting Karl, then this falls in the hands of someone else within the FO. PDA is a smart guy, and I hope he can convince everyone in the FO that hiring Karl will be a great thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.