Breaking News!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nbrans said:
First post, check.
Too good to be true, check.
Hit the snooze button and wake me up when something real happens, check.
Not to mention the fact that he had to edit that post. Good one. Woke me up for about 30 seconds, then I fell asleep again :\

Very fake and very mean.

Ruins the integrity of this great board and I hope the one that is responcible gets the axe.

Don't believe anything unless the poster is a vet. However it would have been an awsome trade, but definitely no championship, just back to a second round team IMHO. It will take more than Tyson to beat a Heat and Spurs team.

Absolutely F***ing awful. For those of you out there who think that there is no way someone could get taken by a trick like this, I only need to remind you that Geoff once traded JWill for Bibby, and Richmond for CWebb. If anyone could get Chandler For Darius and KT, it is Geoff.

Plus, I don't come to this board to be tricked, I come here to get REAL Kings news. So when I see a trade that makes me so INCREDIBLY happy, I beleive it.

I am so angry right now I don't know what to do. That was the most awful joke...

haha good joke

ban this guy ? are you serious ?

i remember somebody making a false post that rick adelman was fired....

ppl do it all the time, its a message board....

you guys are the dumb ones for believing

GoSACtown said:
haha good joke

ban this guy ? are you serious ?

i remember somebody making a false post that rick adelman was fired....

ppl do it all the time, its a message board....

you guys are the dumb ones for believing
I agree. Seriously, on his 1st post, he posts everyone's dream trade and people get excited. Anyone that thought for a nano-second it was true has got a serious problem

mr. moustache said:
I agree. Seriously, on his 1st post, he posts everyone's dream trade and people get excited. Anyone that thought for a nano-second it was true has got a serious problem
See, that's the problem. Users of this board shouldn't have to figure out for themselves what is true and what is complete BS. That's not what this is for. Speculation is one thing, but this is just stupid.

agreed, this is far from your average message board, it's an actual community of people to discuss all things kings. and joking is fine and all, but this is stupid trolling.

mr. moustache said:
Maybe if you guys think about it for a secound you would realize that this board has many people who go to the board to get news on what is happening with our team. To let this stuff to continue on these boards would be dimish what this forum stands for.

mr. moustache said:
I disagree. People here are so anxious and desperate to hear about some big trade that we lose sight of reality, and jokes like this are believed and are NOT funny. I for one logged in, saw that 150 users were present (way up from the normal 75-90), figured something was going on, opened the page and saw a thread titled "BREAKING NEWS!!!!," and clicked to open it as fast as I could. Checking to see who wrote it and how many posts they have was not a priority.

So, I disagree and think someone could easily find it to be true. Plus, message boards are for facts, speculations, rumors, wishes, hopes, dreams, debates, arguments, and other scenarios. But to play on everyone's emotions (especially those of us at work that have no other outlet to check on this information) is just plain cruel.

Last edited:
Get back on your meds!!!!

jdoggtwenty2 said:
Dang, what kind of sad life do you have if you get your kicks from doing something like that?
Get back on your meds little troll.......Butterflies need their wings. I'm sure you'd like to keep all your parts too!

I wanted to clarify this is for the troll, not jdoggtwenty2.

Last edited:
AleksandarN said:
Maybe if you guys think about it for a secound you would realize that this board has many people who go to the board to get news on what is happening with our team. To let this stuff to continue on these boards would be dimish what this forum stands for.
Absolutely, it is not so much that someone may or may not be fooled by something like this, it is that what we read on this site is generally accurate and if we have to sift through this blatent trash then the site loses its credibity and usefulness.

I think the reason people post things like this is because everyone gets so worked up and starts freaking out. It is like when a young boy pesters his sister because she gets mad. The more she gets mad, the more he will annoy her. If you all just took a breath and didn't go on and on about how mad you are the poster would see that no one cares and move on with a deep sense of not being funny. Although, I must say that saying it was announced on a Sacramento radio station, a source that none of us not living in Sac could confirm was pretty clever. He really had a few people going for awhile and even as I am writing this I still hope to hear that it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.