Breaking News: Musselman is the New head coach

Best choice imo considering the alternatives, and the 'Narchs can finally fully concentrate on defending their title and the Kings can concentrate on personnel decisions.

I hope he is ready to fulfill huge expectations and ready to hear us all ripping him a new one in losses, which is inevitable.

LPKingsFan said:
Interesting. They're really trying hard to make up for the PR fiasco hiring Whiz would have been...
Or maybe they just realize hiring a new coach is a big deal.

I never really bought the Whis story, if they were serious about hiring him they would've known it would be really unpopular. The fan reaction couldn't have been surprising. I just think he was never "the chosen one".

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No guarantees here (how could there be when the guy has never had a winning season in the NBA), but Muss was certainly one of the reasonable choices out there on the market. A promising young coach who was almost sure to get another look from somebody out there.

Think he's a good hands on Xs and Os guy, and I think initially at least he should be able to drive the team. Should be in pretty good shape to start next year I hope. The question will be whether he eventually wears out his welcome like he did in Golden State. Doesn't matter how good you are on a chalkboard if your players just stop listening to you.

Ryan@CU said:
It's on the front page of Yahoo.com. Sacramento's on the map!! ;)
yeah thats cool but did you notice on Yahoo that Matthew McConaughey [FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]and Penelope Cruz broke up......talk about a roller coaster ride of a day. [/SIZE][/FONT]

thats awesome!

musselman brought a lot of excitment to the warriors a few years ago, lets hope he can do that and more this season with the kings!

now the kings need to re-sign bonzi!

Mussleman knows his x and o principles, He is a no playing around type of coach all business and really intense and can bring fire to the players to motivate.

But on the other hand will he be too stubborn and not flexible is the key here. He wants control and I don't know how he will relate to players ego trips. This may work out but it also has the elements there to explode in negative way.

Are we talking about NBA finals next season for a Coach who has never won Before or we talking about first round maybe second Round.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BigSong said:
yeah thats cool but did you notice on Yahoo that Matthew McConaughey [FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]and Penelope Cruz broke up......talk about a roller coaster ride of a day. [/SIZE][/FONT]

What's wrong with that? Penelope's back on the market! :p

(not a personal favorite actually, but sounded better than me celebrating Matt being back on the market ;) )

Best part of all, we can still misspell our coach's last name by switching the l and the e in his name (see thread title)!!! Ahhh... just like old times.

kingkung said:
Best part of all, we can still misspell our coach's last name by switching the l and the e in his name (see thread title)!!! Ahhh... just like old times.
Think about how awkward that would be with Elie...

Leie? That's just stupid.

Bricklayer said:

(not a personal favorite actually, but sounded better than me celebrating Matt being back on the market ;) )
Break-up or no break-up, they're still part of the horribly stiff, expressionless actors' club! Yay! Go [sic] Penleope!

Talk about top notch strategy. Scare the hell out of us w/ leaks that Whisenant is the new head coach and then deliver Mussleman. Touche. Or as Billy Shake once said, all's well that end's well. It could've been much worse. A sigh of relief throughout the Kingdom.

Nazman said:
Talk about top notch strategy. Scare the hell out of us w/ leaks that Whisenant is the new head coach and then deliver Mussleman. Touche. Or as Billy Shake once said, all's well that end's well. It could've been much worse. A sigh of relief throughout the Kingdom.
Pretty much sums up what i feel like or felt like.

Last edited:
There was a really bad hail/thunderstorm here when it was announced so I missed it. I wonder if that's an omen;) Nah, it's too far from Sac.
Thank God it's not Whiz!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I hope there is no problems between Bonzi and him, if so, look for Bonzi to be gone. I haven't heard anything so I'll take that as a good sign.

Well they wanted a defensive coach and Muss qualifies. This is a team like he has never coached before so hopefully his first season here will get him some more coach of the year votes.

He is also a coach that will have NO PROBLEMS putting your butt on the bench if you aren't giving 100% effort.

What kind of ramifications does this have on any roster changes?

HndsmCelt said:
Well now we are free to discuss trades. Given the available candidates I would say Muss was about as good as the offerings got.
Couldn't agree more.

I would have taken Adelman over Musselman but given the candidates, coach Muss is the pick of them so at least we picked up the best of the available.

Lets see what he can do.

Im just happy the wait is over, the suspense was annoying. I was pissed when everyone said it was going to be Whiz cuz of of the no NBA experience but Muss i can live with. He was the best we could get.

Bricklayer said:

Okay then, I will. :D

*ahem*

Matthew McConaughey's back on the market?? Yeehaw!!

Last edited:
GoGoGadget said:
Okay then, I will. :D

*ahem*

Matthew McConaughey's back on the market?? Yeehaw!!

Makes me happy!!!! I must admit that I am partial to southern boys who know how to play the bongos!;)

OK, back to being good. When is the press conference? Will it be on ESPN?

www.yahoo.com
"Whisenant, a longtime friend of the Maloofs who never played or coached in the NBA, was thought to be the family's choice for the job last weekend. But reports of his candidacy were widely blasted by fans and media in Sacramento, and Whisenant never got a second interview in Las Vegas."

Hmmmm........can't imagine where that came from....good job Kings fans!!

Superman said:
I can't buy into "Musselman as head coach" just yet, but I'm damn glad that Whisenant didn't get the job.
I think we can all say we wanted to have Elie as coach. THinking about Musselman as coach, I think he actually might be good for the Kings. I guess only time will tell. I am curious to see what Artest is going to say about it.