Breaking News: Musselman is the New head coach

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN.com's Marc Stein is reporting that the Sacramento Kings have hired Memphis assistant Eric Musselman as head coach.

A press conference is expected for Saturday.

Was Mussleman an assistant for Memphis, when Bonzi was playing there? If so, I wonder how he felt about him. I know B-Jax didn't like Fartello either and said Mussleman wasn't a problem, but I wonder if Bonzi feels the same way...

Yes, I'm estatic. This is who I wanted from the beginning among the release of Adelman. We have a great coach in our hands, and I expect a great season.

Like many others, I'm cautiously optomistic, but REALLY want to believe that RON will THRIVE before I'm 100% content with EM.

EDIT: Welcome EM!!

Let's get it on!!! Now that we have a new coach. We can now move on and focus on the upcoming Draft and trade possibilities. I just hope that musselman will focus on defense more and will get along with all the players....especially bonzi.

I just recieved this email from the Kings:

We wanted you to be among the first to know that tomorrow, Saturday, June 3, at approximately 1 p.m., the Sacramento Kings will officially announce their new head coach.
Following the announcement, a "Meet the Coach" event for Kings Fans will be held at the Arden Fair Mall (Center Court - In front of Nordstrom), at 3:30 p.m. The new coach, Joe and Gavin Maloof and Geoff Petrie will be in attendance.

So far, so good.

I'm thinking Petrie had to weigh in on the issue and convince the Maloofs that they had to select the best candidate for the job, and not just go with personal acquaintances. The future of the franchise hangs in the balance.

Hopefully the rest of our offseason goes how I want, too...

ZZE916 said:
I just recieved this email from the Kings:

We wanted you to be among the first to know that tomorrow, Saturday, June 3, at approximately 1 p.m., the Sacramento Kings will officially announce their new head coach.
Following the announcement, a "Meet the Coach" event for Kings Fans will be held at the Arden Fair Mall (Center Court - In front of Nordstrom), at 3:30 p.m. The new coach, Joe and Gavin Maloof and Geoff Petrie will be in attendance.
Interesting. They're really trying hard to make up for the PR fiasco hiring Whiz would have been...

I'm very glad that they decided not to go with Whiz... I would have prefered Elie, but I think Musselman might be the kick in the *** some of these guys need... :cough: Brad Miller :cough: