Artest: "It's not that I don't want to play there . . .

Just be happy that he pulled (potentially, I know it isn't fact yet) his usual bonehead move BEFORE he came to your city and ruined your season. As a 1st year Kings fan (watch every game now that Cicso is there), the Kings are better off IMO without RA. At least now you have some idea--albeit only 2 hours--what it is like to have this guy on your team. You are happy, then you are sad. What you are consistantly is confused. Welcome to our world here in Indiana.

Back to the game I cannot listen to Anthony anymore. I cannot stand that guy... would rather pull each fingernail out one by one with a FORK.

This statement, plus the fact that Artest has been in LA recently and the fact that the Clippers were going after him makes me think that this is his agent trying to make a power move. If Artest is in LA (whether it's as a Clipper or Laker) then the endorsement potential goes sky-high. With his contract year coming up and everything, I could see how an agent could be very convincing in making his argument for this type of thing.

"It's not that I don't want to play there..."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Indianapolis King said:
Just be happy that he pulled (potentially, I know it isn't fact yet) his usual bonehead move BEFORE he came to your city and ruined your season. As a 1st year Kings fan (watch every game now that Cicso is there), the Kings are better off IMO without RA. At least now you have some idea--albeit only 2 hours--what it is like to have this guy on your team. You are happy, then you are sad. What you are consistantly is confused. Welcome to our world here in Indiana.
Welcome to our board.

Ron Artest can descend rapidly into the nether regions for all I care. We do not need more drama.

T

thesanityannex

JJ22L said:
Well thesanityannex you and i have been saying this will probably still go through, im thinking it does..ron will come out and put on a cute face for the media...hell do what he always has..say something then try to renig it...he did it with the pacers...why not with the kings.
I'm still hoping for it.

Just to hit on what other have said already...............I loved how Gray stuck up for the franchise and called out Anthony on his B.S. That was getting a little heated for a moment. This has been one of the most interesting days.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow morning when the Pacers actually speak to Artest for the first time.

This is insane. I would like to actually get some work done tomorrow! Artest is psycho. I hate these players who think they should get to pick and choose where they go.

Going beyond the whole Greg Antony/Jim Gray saga, what Gray actually said was that the Pacers ordered Artest to come in and talk to Bird and Walsh tomorrow, set this straight, whether it's Artest or his agent who tried to stop this. Then they'll call up Sac and see if they can get the deal again. Otherwise Artest gets shut down for the season and won't get paid- he'll get punished somehow for this. It's looking like either Artest goes to Sac or he won't play in an NBA game for the rest of the year, maybe the remainder of his contract in Indy.

captain bill said:
Going beyond the whole Greg Antony/Jim Gray saga, what Gray actually said was that the Pacers ordered Artest to come in and talk to Bird and Walsh tomorrow, set this straight, whether it's Artest or his agent who tried to stop this. Then they'll call up Sac and see if they can get the deal again. Otherwise Artest gets shut down for the season and won't get paid- he'll get punished somehow for this. It's looking like either Artest goes to Sac or he won't play in an NBA game for the rest of the year, maybe the remainder of his contract in Indy.
maybe thats what he wants

captain bill said:
I'd love to get a tape of that meeting.

captain bill said:
Wow.

CruzDude said:
Just went on the main Pacers fan site, set up just like ours:
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

There, it is nothing but venom toward Artest and very little about Peja and everyone there seems real pi_ _ed about the whole scenario. They blame him for such a bad season. Interesting views from the other direction
oh man that website made me laugh some of those smileys they have are hillarious

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a great deal of respect for PacersDigest and have actually been posting there for quite a while.

no good at all came of this. we're not even back where we started cuz now peja's unsure of everything. thanks ron!! you've damaged yet another team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's my solution for Ron Artest: seventh circle of Hades. Won't have to worry about him trying to get back in.

VF21 said:
Here's my solution for Ron Artest: seventh circle of Hades. Won't have to worry about him trying to get back in.
Ron Artest Vs. Satan...now thats a matchup i would pay for on pay per view