Artest: "It's not that I don't want to play there . . .

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Interesting article. Don't know if its been posted yet.

By Mark Montieth
mark.montieth@indystar.com

A trade that would have sent Ron Artest to Sacramento for Peja Stojakovic has collapsed.

The Kings reportedly called off the deal because of Artest's reluctance to play for them, although Artest was vague about his wishes in a conversation with The Indianapolis Star.
"There's no deal," Artest said in a telephone interview. "It's not that I don't want to play there . . . I'm letting my agent handle things. He's taken over things."

Artest's agent, Mark Stevens, was unavailable for comment.

Stevens told the Star earlier in the day that a deal had been reached, pending league approval.

Artest said he is not planning to refuse a trade, but wants to speak with prospective teams first.

"I just want to meet with team officials of whichever team I'm headed to," he said. "I want to play, but I'm following the rules I have to follow. If I have to sit out, I sit out the season."

Call Star reporter Mark Montieth at (317) 444-6406.

See tomorrow's Indianapolis Star for more on this story.

Copyright 2006 IndyStar.com. All rights reserved

I think he's just gone into damage control mode upon realizing that he really isn't in any kind of position to be makes these types of demands.

T

thesanityannex

SacTownKid said:
Artest said he is not planning to refuse a trade, but wants to speak with prospective teams first.

"I just want to meet with team officials of whichever team I'm headed to," he said. "I want to play, but I'm following the rules I have to follow. If I have to sit out, I sit out the season."
Interesting indeed. Could it be that he wanted to talk with GP and the Maloofs before hand? It is possible the media took this and ran with it saying he refuses to play for Sacramento. I'm hoping that is the case.

Too late for you sucker!
I don't think anyone would like to see Artest here after what he done to our player...Player who has something like 518 games in Kings jersey...
Bye bye Artest!

He is still a worthless piece of garbage, I freaking hate Ron Artest. He is a retard that doesn't belong in this league, he's an immature moron. He's a freaking idiot. Any way you slice it, we don't need idiots like him wearing a kings jersey.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sounds like his line with the Pacers too.

On the other hand the positive (is it positive?) is that Artest COULD just be looking for some assurances from the front office. What assurances he could possibly be looking for or think he was entitled to is a mystery though.

Bricklayer said:

On the other hand the positive (is it positive?) is that Artest COULD just be looking for some assurances from the front office. What assurances he could possibly be looking for or think he was entitled to is a mystery though.
Doesn't matter. It's the KINGS that have nixed this one. I think they've learned their lesson and I don't think they'll be investing any more time or energy into this joker.

T

thesanityannex

BMiller52 said:
He is still a worthless piece of garbage, I freaking hate Ron Artest. He is a retard that doesn't belong in this league, he's an immature moron. He's a freaking idiot. Any way you slice it, we don't need idiots like him wearing a kings jersey.
You need to calm down a bit. Everything we are reading right now is being spun by the media. It is possible he wants to meet with the GP first. Possible.

Anyways, this is driving me nuts as well. I feel for all Kings fans right now, Pro or Anti Artest.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:

that he will get kobe treatment

that everyone has to wear clothes designed by him

everyone is obligated to listen to his music

Bricklayer said:

Probably not.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
QueensFan said:
Doesn't matter. It's the KINGS that have nixed this one. I think they've learned their lesson and I don't think they'll be investing any more time or energy into this joker.
Think you;re not being realistic.

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place now with Peja. If Artest came back and said "I was misquoted" or whatever and that he just wanted to talk before reporting, we'd probably listen just for lack of viable options. If indeed that is Artest's newest stance.

Just a mess.

piksi said:

He probably doesn't want to come here because he doesn't think he will be able to sell enough records from here.

And I'm not even kidding. I'm dead serious.

piksi said:

Finally something to laugh tonight!Thank you Pixi for this post!:D

T

thesanityannex

If Artest was misquoted, or misunderstood by the media, I will enjoy watching everyone retract their comments.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:

Odd though if I were an owner or GM tooking to trae FOR Artest I would want to meet with him before the trade to get assurances of my own and TELL him under what conditions he would be allowed to play.:cool:

How does Greg Anthony get away with this crap

He went on a speal how Sacramento is in disary and then said

"THEY ARE TRYING TO MOVE THE SACRMENTO FRANCHISE OUT OF SACRAMENTO"

WT............

Well thesanityannex you and i have been saying this will probably still go through, im thinking it does..ron will come out and put on a cute face for the media...hell do what he always has..say something then try to renig it...he did it with the pacers...why not with the kings.

Props to Jim Gray for setting GAnthony straight about Sacramento wanting to move. He said Sacramento management is one of the more stable franchises and that they are NOT looking to move.

I don't really like Jim Gray but glad he set GA straight.