Your top 5 most Hated players in the NBA

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Pau Gasol
3. Derek Fisher
4. Bruce Bowen
5. Sasha Vujacic

btw, did you guys all hate Lebron before he got out of the sinking ship that was Cleveland or was it only after? And please don't give me the national TV excuse. He might have done it for purely selfish reasons, but the broadcast earned hundreds of thousands for charity so I think we can call it even.
Well I did.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Pau Gasol
3. Derek Fisher
4. Bruce Bowen
5. Sasha Vujacic

btw, did you guys all hate Lebron before he got out of the sinking ship that was Cleveland or was it only after? And please don't give me the national TV excuse. He might have done it for purely selfish reasons, but the broadcast earned hundreds of thousands for charity so I think we can call it even.
Sorry, but I will never consider that "even." It doesn't in any way make up for what he did to the Cleveland fans. They are two separate things, not to mention he could've given that amount of money to charity easily in multiple ways, besaides breaking Cleveland fans' hearts on national TV.

Of course he could've given that money up on his own. Any millionaire could give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity and still live extremely comfortably. This isn't the point.

What I find truly startling is the idea that Lebron switching teams was an act of pure selfishness. Aside from the fact of just what in the hell would be wrong with that if it even was, I have to point out that if he truly was selfish he would have stayed in Cleveland. If anyone has to have that explained to them they really have no place in this argument.

Of course he could've given that money up on his own. Any millionaire could give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity and still live extremely comfortably. This isn't the point.

What I find truly startling is the idea that Lebron switching teams was an act of pure selfishness. Aside from the fact of just what in the hell would be wrong with that if it even was, I have to point out that if he truly was selfish he would have stayed in Cleveland. If anyone has to have that explained to them they really have no place in this argument.
I don't think him switching teams was an act of pure selfishness. Anyone who thinks so isn't thinking very right. It was what he wanted, and no one can fault him for that.

My beef with LeBron in this matter isn't so much because he acted selfishly. There's a difference between being selfish and being an ***. LeBron was an *** by not telling the Cavs that he was leaving, by not giving them time to prepare or adjust, but instead going on national TV to disappoint all his fans in Cleveland, where he was so highly heralded. The selfishness thing is more because he didn't think of Cleveland at all, he thought of himself, and he thought ok I'll give to charity. It's true that he gave Cleveland a lot, it's nothing they can complain about. But at the same time who is he to say or act as if Cleveland didn't do anything for him either? Which brings me to the second reason I dislike him. He self-proclaims that he is the King, and I will gladly tell you that Lebron James is a damn super good basketball player. But as a leader, he didn't stick up for his team mates, or his coach. He essentially went "I'm King, but I'm not winning because I ain't got no backup". That isn't right ... if you want to do that, do that within the organization, tell your management that you aren't happy and need changes (which by the way, the Cavs did try to accommodate). Kobe sort of did the same thing, and he was wrong for doing that too.

All in all, I don't think one can ever justify entirely why a player should be hated. All the players in the NBA are talented basketball players (with certain exceptions), they all mean a lot to a fan somewhere around the world. Ultimately it comes down to your personal likes and dislikes I guess. I can argue all I want about LeBron being an *** but to some that won't matter in the light of his talent or the good things that he has done. For example, I hate Harpring because I found him to be dirty, physical and just thuggish. Like he wasn't out there to play basketball at all. But to older fans especially, they may love his game for the very same reasons I hate it. Who's right? No one, just a matter of personal taste.

That's the problem with forums at times I think. In our habitual defending of our standpoints we sometimes forget that there are certain things that don't have absolute rights or wrongs to them.

-Random rant over - :D

Not sure why anyone has to justify their reasons to you, but here goes. When I was young, right before I would get in trouble, my mom would always say "it wasn't what you said, it was how you said it."

Well, LBJ pissed me off for what he said, how he said it, and why he did it. The idea that the "best" player in the NBA needs the "second best player" and top 5 big man to win a title is ridiculous, and smacks of taking the easy way out. LBJ is no longer a role model I use with my kids-do I really want to teach my kids is "when the going gets tough, the 'tough' run for the hills so that someone else can take the bullet."

So that is a personal reason. I just don't respect the guy anymore. I know a lot of people aren't bothered by it, but I am. Deal with it and let me hate the guy in peace.

On a fan level, I think this "superteam" thing could have potential devastating impact on the Kings. If everyone is making their own superteam, Sacramento is FAR down the list as a destination city. In a superteam era we lose Reke to New York, Chicago or the Lakers. LBJ could have single-handidly stopped this and didn't.

Plus- I hate how he did it. National TV, Rip Cleveland's heart out. The guy is immature, self-centered, and stupid. Hard to root for a guy like that.

I don't think him switching teams was an act of pure selfishness. Anyone who thinks so isn't thinking very right. It was what he wanted, and no one can fault him for that.

My beef with LeBron in this matter isn't so much because he acted selfishly. There's a difference between being selfish and being an ***. LeBron was an *** by not telling the Cavs that he was leaving, by not giving them time to prepare or adjust, but instead going on national TV to disappoint all his fans in Cleveland, where he was so highly heralded. The selfishness thing is more because he didn't think of Cleveland at all, he thought of himself, and he thought ok I'll give to charity. It's true that he gave Cleveland a lot, it's nothing they can complain about. But at the same time who is he to say or act as if Cleveland didn't do anything for him either? Which brings me to the second reason I dislike him. He self-proclaims that he is the King, and I will gladly tell you that Lebron James is a damn super good basketball player. But as a leader, he didn't stick up for his team mates, or his coach. He essentially went "I'm King, but I'm not winning because I ain't got no backup". That isn't right ... if you want to do that, do that within the organization, tell your management that you aren't happy and need changes (which by the way, the Cavs did try to accommodate). Kobe sort of did the same thing, and he was wrong for doing that too.

All in all, I don't think one can ever justify entirely why a player should be hated. All the players in the NBA are talented basketball players (with certain exceptions), they all mean a lot to a fan somewhere around the world. Ultimately it comes down to your personal likes and dislikes I guess. I can argue all I want about LeBron being an *** but to some that won't matter in the light of his talent or the good things that he has done. For example, I hate Harpring because I found him to be dirty, physical and just thuggish. Like he wasn't out there to play basketball at all. But to older fans especially, they may love his game for the very same reasons I hate it. Who's right? No one, just a matter of personal taste.

That's the problem with forums at times I think. In our habitual defending of our standpoints we sometimes forget that there are certain things that don't have absolute rights or wrongs to them.

-Random rant over - :D
This.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I didn't really give a crap about LeBron one way or the other until the end of this season. I thought that the flirting with NY a few years back was a bit tacky, but it wasn't until he really went on the offensive with the Larry King at the start of the finals, and some of the behind the scenes stuff started getting major press that I got turned off. Then there was "The Decision". Had me convinced he was returning to Cleveland because who else would be so tone deaf as to dump their team like that. So it was a combination of things, I was never a fan but didn't dislike him either until that shot him right up to the top of my list.

So he gave a few million to charity, I would too if I made his kind of money. Besides, he gave like 2.5 million and it was estimated the Decision drew in 3-4 times that. Must make a nice tax write off.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
1. Kobe
2. Rest of the Laker team(s) from the past decade
3. Refs from our Laker losses in the PO

My list stops at 3 apparently.

Mark Madsen?? Annoying, yes, but hated?
Yes Hoopsie, I couldn't stand that guy...he was BEYOND annoying during his stay in L.A. He never amounted to anything after he left and Kevin McHale gave him all that $$$ to go to Minnesota either...basically he was pretty worthless in the NBA...in a Jon Koncak sort of way...I guess I should have added him to my list too! :D