Your most hated Commercials

Since it is TDOS. I thought I'd ask what is/are the comercials that just drive you nutz?

Lately its been the Sobe Lean commercial on the radio. Im sure you've heard the brother and sister who talk abiout the great sobe lean? This commercial makes me want to throw my stereo out the radio.

I hate to watch those SixFlags commercials with the "old" guy dancing. That stupid song played in the background gets stuck in my head and the rest of the day is just shot.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
That damn Lamosil ad with the dermatophite who lifts up the toenail and crawls inside. I HAVE to change the channel when it comes on.

"You Bet Your Sweet AS-percreme!"

I saw that yesterday and thought, "Wow, they're really pushing the limits there."

It came on a few minutes later and it had changed to "You Bet If It's AS-percreme!" So I thought, OK, they must have gotten flak already and they had this backup just in case.

But then next commercial break, once again it's "You Bet Your Sweet AS-percreme!"

So to sum up I'm not sure what's real anymore.

BTW I hate Carl's Jr. as well and have not patronized them for years, due mostly to their commercials.

Where is Paul from the Diamond Center? Dang, those were my favorite commercials of all time!
~~

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If I have to watch that incredibly nauseating commercial with the creepy guy with the six-pack abs once more, I may hurl my TV out the front door. Basedow or whatever his name is...

funkykingston said:
That damn Lamosil ad with the dermatophite who lifts up the toenail and crawls inside. I HAVE to change the channel when it comes on.
I'm with you on that one.

The first time I saw that commercial, my reaction went from "Aw, what a cute little fungus" to "OH MY DEAR GOD, NO!" faster than I thought it could.

T

thesanityannex

Alacron said:
BTW I hate Carl's Jr. as well and have not patronized them for years, due mostly to their commercials.
Would you not use aspercreme than as well if needed?

I really hate the "yay, pepto bismol" commercial were they sing that annoying song about heartache, nausea, diarrhea stuff. Another I absolutely hate are the Valtrex (herpes) commercials. It almost seems like the glorify herpes and make it look fun to have them ie: horseback riding, sailing, biking, hiking.......everyone looks too happy in that commercial. yuck.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really hate the "yay, pepto bismol" commercial were they sing that annoying song about heartache, nausea, diarrhea stuff.
Every time I see those ads I wonder if the actors highlight that on their resume. "Well, I was diarrhea sufferer #3 in the Pepto Bismol commercial . . ."

Of course, the worst (and therefore my favorite) commercial about gastrointestinal distress was the one where the married couple were getting ready to go on a hot air balloon ride, and the husband worriedly asks, "But honey, what if my diarrhea comes back?" I always thought that would be more of an issue for any people below the balloon.

OHSacFan said:
I hate to watch those SixFlags commercials with the "old" guy dancing. That stupid song played in the background gets stuck in my head and the rest of the day is just shot.
I love the Six Flag commercials!! It is one of my favorite!!

I agree with most saying the Carls Junior commmercials are disgusting, especially hte Paris Hilton ones.

VF21 said:
If I have to watch that incredibly nauseating commercial with the creepy guy with the six-pack abs once more, I may hurl my TV out the front door. Basedow or whatever his name is...
John Basedow, Fitness Celebrity.

That guy is both annoying and amusing at the same time. There's sort of a cult following of people who hate John Basedow among college students. I guess we watch too much TV.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a hard time with that Coke ad. I love G. Love (his last album was one of his best, but I still like Philadelphonic better) but I hate the commercial and the whole concept of dredging up/updating the old commercial from the 70's.

Just because I wasn't alive when the first one ran doesn't mean I have any interest in a remake.

T

thesanityannex

captain bill said:
John Basedow, Fitness Celebrity.

That guy is both annoying and amusing at the same time. There's sort of a cult following of people who hate John Basedow among college students. I guess we watch too much TV.
Is basedow that little guy who is completely ripped? how about tony little? anyone watch his gazelle freestyle infomercials? i've watched those many times late in the night/early morning and they are a riot.

T

thesanityannex

funkykingston said:
I have a hard time with that Coke ad. I love G. Love (his last album was one of his best, but I still like Philadelphonic better) but I hate the commercial and the whole concept of dredging up/updating the old commercial from the 70's.

Just because I wasn't alive when the first one ran doesn't mean I have any interest in a remake.
i hate that "you put the lime in the coke you nut" commercial from coke.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
thesanityannex said:
Is basedow that little guy who is completely ripped? how about tony little? anyone watch his gazelle freestyle infomercials? i've watched those many times late in the night/early morning and they are a riot.
Tony Little is the most annoying guy in the history of the world!! I cannot stand the guy.

But for commercials...Those Nike Basketball ones that were played during the Final 4...Those bugged me bad.

NBA Ads

I hated the NBA commercials this past spring, which, since no KINGS went to the All Star Game, included none of our players.:( I also got so sick of seeing Walton and Marbury on the NBA League Pass commericals I'd mute the sound every time they started.:mad:

NoBonus said:
I hate that Coke Zero ad with the "hip kids" playing guitar and singing "I'd like to teach the world to chill". It makes me violent.
Yeah, that and all the McDonald's ads showing that they're hip, in touch with the community, and healthy, too. It makes me never ever want to eat at McDonald's.

T

thesanityannex

Prophetess said:
i'm really sick of all the natural male enhancement ads...especially "this is bob".. who the bleep cares?
although i am sick of the male enhancement ads as well, the "this is bob" (Enzyte) commercials crack me up. the whistling gets in my head easily. the jokes are pretty funny too.

on the other side of commercials, i really like the adidas basketball commercial with mos def narrating, "before the game, before the 3 pointer.........there was the ball". anyone have the lyrics to that commercial, cough cough, funkykingston???

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this is what you're looking for. It's a converse ad though:

Before Mr. Taylor taught the world to play
Before fiberglass
Before parquet
Before the word "Doctor" was spelled with a "J"
And ballrooms were ballcourts where the Renaissance played
Before the hype and before the dunk
After the rhythm but before the funk
Before the money and before the fame
Before new school and old school
Before school had a name
It was only a ball and the soul of the game
Converse
The first school

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
tubiscus said:
I hated the NBA commercials this past spring, which, since no KINGS went to the All Star Game, included none of our players.:(
If you're talking about the promos for the playoffs, it wasn't because none of our players went to the All-Star Game. It was because the promos were shot much earlier, and the player representing the Kings was Chris Webber.

Am I the only one who finds the Charmin ads with the animated bears a little...curious?

You know, when the bear takes the roll of Charmin and goes behind a tree, and then has a delightfully contented espression on his/her face? Isn't that commercial a flatuelant sound effect away from an FCC crackdown?

funkykingston said:
I think this is what you're looking for. It's a converse ad though:

Before Mr. Taylor taught the world to play
Before fiberglass
Before parquet
Before the word "Doctor" was spelled with a "J"
And ballrooms were ballcourts where the Renaissance played
Before the hype and before the dunk
After the rhythm but before the funk
Before the money and before the fame
Before new school and old school
Before school had a name