Your favorite fast-food place?

Of these five fast-food restaurants, which is your favorite?

• McDonald's

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Burger King

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Wendy's

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Carl Jr.'s

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Taco Bell

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
RoyalDiva:

You should've added "other", which might've included In-'N-Out Burger, Jimboy's, KFC, Long John Silver's, Jack-In-The-Box, Sonic Drive-In, etc.

...or for those who live outside California, White Castle and Krystal's.

For me, personally, I go to KFC.

StevenHW said:
RoyalDiva:

You should've added "other", which might've included In-'N-Out Burger, Jimboy's, KFC, Long John Silver's, Jack-In-The-Box, Sonic Drive-In, etc.
Not necessary because the question was phrased, 'OF these five fast-food restaurants'. I specifically picked only a few so as not to make the list too long.

Of the five, I went with Taco Bell. But, I very rarely eat fast food and when I do I usually head for either In-N-Out or a local burrito place here.

I still love the ole crunchy taco from taco bell that I have been having for 30+ years...keep the cruch wrap supreme and all the newfangled stuff.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RoyalDiva said:
Not necessary because the question was phrased, 'OF these five fast-food restaurants'. I specifically picked only a few so as not to make the list too long.
RD - I think that's the premiere fault of a lot of polls. The poll creator uses his/her own bias to create the options. That's why it's so easy to manipulate data... ;)

Results of your poll might show, for example, Taco Bell to be the "favorite" of a majority of people who respond, but it might in actuality be most people's second choice behind Sonic Burgers, again just as an example.

That's why most polls have a "other" or "none of the above" option.

I think that's what StevenHW was referring to...

My favorite isn't there. As I'm sure you may have guessed by my example, my favorite is Sonic.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I refuse to recognize any poll of "Favorite fast-food places" that does not include Popeye's... And anybody who would dare mention the greatness of White Castle and that-cheap-knockoff-which-shall-not-be-named in the same sentence needs to have their mouth washed out with soap.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I refuse to recognize any poll of "Favorite fast-food places" that does not include Popeye's... And anybody who would dare mention the greatness of White Castle and that-cheap-knockoff-which-shall-not-be-named in the same sentence needs to have their mouth washed out with soap.
:eek:

Popeye's was my absolute favorite when I lived in LA. I used to ditch school with my friends to go and get some of their biscuits and red beans and rice. Chicken was okay, too, but I'm all about the side dishes.

VF21 said:
RD - I think that's the premiere fault of a lot of polls. The poll creator uses his/her own bias to create the options. That's why it's so easy to manipulate data... ;)

Results of your poll might show, for example, Taco Bell to be the "favorite" of a majority of people who respond, but it might in actuality be most people's second choice behind Sonic Burgers, again just as an example.

That's why most polls have a "other" or "none of the above" option.

I think that's what StevenHW was referring to...

My favorite isn't there. As I'm sure you may have guessed by my example, my favorite is Sonic.
Sheesh, who would of ever thought that a poll about FF could be so darn picky, heh. I was just thinking of the major FF places to list, the ones that I thought were most profitable and more nation-wide than others, that's why I only listed those places and phrased it that way.

And is there a Sonic in your neck of the woods? I've been dying to go there, but didn't think that they were in CA

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There aren't ANY fast food places up here. ;)

The closest are in either Marysville/Yuba City or Oroville. There's a new Sonic Burger in Yuba City that I insist on going to whenever we go to town.

From what KG4 tells me, there's at least one in Sacramento but I have no idea where.

Their burgers are fantastic. Taste a lot like the old "Harvey's" burgers. (A burger place landmark that was once located at Fulton and El Camino...)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
GoGoGadget said:
:eek:

Popeye's was my absolute favorite when I lived in LA. I used to ditch school with my friends to go and get some of their biscuits and red beans and rice. Chicken was okay, too, but I'm all about the side dishes.
Yeah, Popeye's red beans and rice is my comfort food... but their fried chicken is excellent as well; the best I've eaten anywhere since my grandmother passed away in '91.

HndsmCelt said:
The only thing I hate more than polls is fast food.
You, sir, have no soul...

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Yeah, Popeye's red beans and rice is my comfort food... but their fried chicken is excellent as well; the best I've eaten anywhere since my grandmother passed away in '91.

You, sir, have no soul...
I tried Popeye's once here in town and was sorely disappointed after all I'd heard about them being so great. Didn't taste any better than KFC or other chicken FF restaurants.

I love Taco Bell because they have lots of options for those of us watching our weight. McD's is my favorite, but obviously nothing of theirs besides the salads are diet-friendly.

VF21-I am going to hunt for that Sonic place in Sacto now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RoyalDiva said:
VF21-I am going to hunt for that Sonic place in Sacto now.
Apparently I misunderstood KG4. According to the website, the closest ones are in Woodland and Yuba City. Maybe she said they were going to build one close to her. Or maybe she said when they went to visit my mom in Davis they always go by the one in Woodland...

I don't know. I'm old, you know, and forgetful.

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
VF21 said:
Apparently I misunderstood KG4. According to the website, the closest ones are in Woodland and Yuba City. Maybe she said they were going to build one close to her. Or maybe she said when they went to visit my mom in Davis they always go by the one in Woodland...

There's been a sign for over a year now across from In-N-Out (by Arco) that says Sonic, TGIFridays and Qdoba, "coming soon".

VF21 said:

Geez, thanks a lot for raining on my parade now. ;) There is a Sonic in Colorado where my father and step-mom live, but they absolutely flat-out refuse to go there for dinner some night. I've gotta go there alone sometime, I guess. Especially now that you've raved about the hamburgers. I'm sick of being tempted by the TV commercials.

They show these freakin sonic commercials all the time and I can never find a sonic within an hour of my house....so don't tempt me with the damn commercials!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BW - Next time you head up to LGV, I'll need to know ahead of time so I can send you by Sonic's for a special order. Okay?

;)

RoyalDiva said:
Geez, thanks a lot for raining on my parade now. ;) There is a Sonic in Colorado where my father and step-mom live, but they absolutely flat-out refuse to go there for dinner some night. I've gotta go there alone sometime, I guess. Especially now that you've raved about the hamburgers. I'm sick of being tempted by the TV commercials.

If you're willing to wait they are supposed to put a Sonic in Natomas in that new shopping center I believe.

I personally usually choose carls jr.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My favorite fast food is Jack in the Box. I like Sonic, but have not had any since I left Illinois.

hoopsie, Hardees is owned by the same owners as Carl's Jr. In the midwest, Hardees has the same menu as Carl's Jr. has here.

I go to McDonalds only because I love their McGriddles for breakfast.

ILV said:
They show these freakin sonic commercials all the time and I can never find a sonic within an hour of my house....so don't tempt me with the damn commercials!
sonic, huh.. well imo outside of the limeades and slushes (among other fountain drinks they have) I really dont care for the place. their burgers leave much to be desired but at least they offer tots (which I like with cheese) i voted wendy's from the options offered.. got the best burgers and the most authentic spicy chicken sandwich of the others.