Yahoo: Three-way deal sending Nocioni to Celtics? (Yahoo! Sports)

From a sixers fan....

"As a Sixers fan I'll let you in on why we hate Samuel Dalembert.

As many of you have already taken notice, his attitude absolutely sucks. He constantly whines about playing time and has asked to be traded for awhile, but he does not produce.

He is probably the dumbest player in the NBA, and if he isn't, he's easily the dumbest player that receives any significant playing time.

Things you can expect from Samuel Dalembert:

-behind the back and through the leg dribbles(from a center with no handles)

-you will cringe everytime he comes down with an rebound and has to make an outlet pass or has to pass the ball in bounds, because there is a 50/50 shot it gets stolen

-he has no awareness of the situation of the game, he will get offensive rebounds and go right up for a shot even if the right thing to do is take it back top and re-set the play

-he makes stupid fouls constantly

-he has no focus, he'll give you 8 points 12 rebounds and 4 blocks one night and then won't do it again for 2 weeks(not because he doesn't have the ability, but because after a good game he thinks he's god)

-fadeaway jumpers, awkward sweeping hooks, and wannabe finger rolls are all a part of his offensive repetoire(or so he thinks)

You can see every night how dumbfounded the other Sixers players are at how stupid he is. When he's on the floor, we are at our worst.

He was kicked off the Canadian national team by the coach(seriously, the Canadia team. How can an NBA player making 12 mil get kicked off of Canada's team?)

If this trade were to happen I can't wait to check in on this forum to read all the posts about how, "stupid Dalembert is", or "why did we trade for this guy". Not because I want you guys to fail(I have no beef with the Kings or their fans), but just because it would be funny to see another fan base suffer from watching Dalembert play."
Well, you definately pointed out his negatives. If you're a sixers fan I'm assuming you have seen a lot of him. Are there ANY positives you can point out?

Is it the system? The atmosphere? Would a change of scenery help? Or is he just a lazy, overpaid, underachieving center? Just wondering what your opinion is if you watch him on a regular basis.

If we don't maintain some kind of chemistry and get some posteriors in the seats, the Kings might not have an arena in which to play those hypothetical championship games. I'm sorry but that argument always cracks me up. TWO teams a year go to the NBA finals. Just two.

I'm talking about not doing this trade at this point in time for a variety of reasons, all fairly obvious and including one of the biggest goals of the organization at this very moment and that's reestablishing the fan base as active and involved.

You keep talking about grabbing the gold ring. Are you truly saying Samuel Dalembert is so valuable we should grab him even if it means disrupting what is real and tangible at this moment in time?

Sorry, but that's throwing out the baby with the bath water as far as I'm concerned. Trade KT if you must, although I see his contract increasing in value as we near the trade deadline, but do not trade away Nocioni on the thought that once Cisco comes back he'll be superfluous. Cisco isn't back and we have no idea when he will be back. Greene is nowhere near being reliable at this point.

I want to continue to see the fun and excitement of a team starting to grow together, putting forth maximum effort and hustle. Nocioni has been a key in that regard.
They'll have one somewhere.

Thinking of draft implications?:) My best guess is that this would hurt us this year in terms of Ws and Ls, but may help us longer term with cap space and development of Casspi/Greene. Also, would help with ping pong balls. But I thought losing Martin was going to be a disaster, so what do I know?:D
That's part of it, but not the only thing. Even if it doesn't get us more ping pong balls, it's not a big deal because that means we got those wins based on our young talent and not veterans who are probably not apart of the big picture.

No way to this trade. We have been performing well and possibly the players of Nocioni and Kenny Thomas will be even MORE valuable than a Sam Dalembert. Samuel Dalembert has not done anything but be an inconsistent player. He is very dumb and I think will cost in us in the long run. Right now, Nocioni is teaching the young guys to hustle, play hard, and be tough. THis is what we want for right now, and lets see how far it goes.

We always have K9's contract till February and I think we could get much more than Dalembert. Dalembert is basically worthless to me.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That's part of it, but not the only thing. Even if it doesn't get us more ping pong balls, it's not a big deal because that means we got those wins based on our young talent and not veterans who are probably not apart of the big picture.
True. Right now the mixture isn't entirely "pure", what with Noc and Thomas.

I like the KT for Dalambert part of this trade

I don't like adding Noc and only recieving 1 small ender.
Why are we helpin philly and the celtics so much in this 3 way, we're getting the short end of the stick to be honest we can do this as two seperate deals

KT + SRod for Dalambert

Then if for whatever reason we wanted to part ways with Noc for enders
we could do Noci for Giddans, Scalabrine, and Tony Allen.

Doing this 3 way doesn't make much sense to me.

As for actually aquiring the piece of Dalambert only, I'm not against it. We need an inside defensive presence. We give him a shot to be what he's supposed to be for us. If nothing else he's a holdover for us - we have another ~7ft body just in case so our bench isn't so small anymore. And if he doesn't work out he's a large expiring for the 2011 season

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Sure. We'll lose a lot of games and get Wall in the lottery. It will be a terrible year.:D

Well I guess if losing is our goal I can't find any fault with your analogy..:D Silly me, I was actually getting excited about winning. Oh well, back to the altar to light no injury candles..;)

Wow, umm.... What? Well let's get real here. I'm not even talkin about this trade now. But Noc and KT are not part of fixing anything... And doing anything to win now is straight retarded. I love that were winning and being scappy but really??? Were not anywhere near the don't mess with a good thing talk.
+1

both aren't in our team's forseeable future. why keep em around?

I like the KT for Dalambert part of this trade

I don't like adding Noc and only recieving 1 small ender.
Why are we helpin philly and the celtics so much in this 3 way, we're getting the short end of the stick to be honest we can do this as two seperate deals

KT + SRod for Dalambert

Then if for whatever reason we wanted to part ways with Noc for enders
we could do Noci for Giddans, Scalabrine, and Tony Allen.

Doing this 3 way doesn't make much sense to me.

As for actually aquiring the piece of Dalambert only, I'm not against it. We need an inside defensive presence. We give him a shot to be what he's supposed to be for us. If nothing else he's a holdover for us - we have another ~7ft body just in case so our bench isn't so small anymore. And if he doesn't work out he's a large expiring for the 2011 season
We are doing it from financial aspect. We shorten Noc's deal and open things up for our wing players. Trading Noc ensures that Greene and Casspi get more playing time.

We are absolutely stacked at the 3 spot and when Garcia and Martin eventually make it back, there will be no playing time for Casspi and Greene if Noc is still around.

This trade does make a lot of sense to me. Sure it blows up our chance for a FA signing this summer but truth be told we are not a great chance to land anyone significant anyway.

If Dalembert doesn't work out he becomes a massive expiring deal after this season which has great trade value. If there are a number of teams looking to blow it up next year, you just happen to have a massive trading chip to get some talent on the cheap.

So what this deal would do is give us some much need height and shot blocking to the front court on relatively short term deal. It would clear another veteran with long contract which would ensure that we save some $$ in the long run, get our youngsters more playing time and still remain in the "hunt" for a decent draft pick this year.

This is quite a debacle... Going forward with a trade that sends Nocioni away does make room for players like Greene and Casspi to step up... which is important... on the other hand, if Greene and Casspi can't fill what Noc brings, we could see ourselves losing a couple more games. And right now, like VF is saying, winning is actually important... we need more people in those seats. If we wan't to see the Kings in Sacramento a 10 years from now its vital we start garnering support. Then again... a trade like this could propell this team to the next level and accomplish all of the positives above. I hope we make the right choice!
don't agree with the.. need to put butts in those seats. what will really put some butts in seats is a derrick rose caliber talent IE john wall. we need to develop our talent and go for another high lotto pick. if we score yet another great pick.. our roster will look really nice with a top flight FA & high draft pick .. evans, casspi, greene, martin, thompson and hawes. that will certainly put butts in seats. it's fine and dandy to put up another few wins and miss the playoffs barely.. we only miss out on the opportunity to get a nice draft pick.

I understand the love Nocioni is getting right now. He has been as big a part of this streak as anyone .. hitting some clutch shots down the stretch and playing some solid defense, but I think were forgetting about two 30 mpg players that will get that playing time as soon as there healthy.

I know its months away, but when Cisco and Kmart come back there going to get their playing time back too .. and that means back to the bench for the kids.

Nocioni has been great, but if we can get trade him now and bring back a defensive center, I do it.

I understand the love Nocioni is getting right now. He has been as big a part of this streak as anyone .. hitting some clutch shots down the stretch and playing some solid defense, but I think were forgetting about two 30 mpg players that will get that playing time as soon as there healthy.

I know its months away, but when Cisco and Kmart come back there going to get their playing time back too .. and that means back to the bench for the kids.

Nocioni has been great, but if we can get trade him now and bring back a defensive center, I do it.
Sounds like according to the Boston Globe, there is no interest in Nocioni from the Celts (due to his contract). Also, it looks like Dalembert has a trade kicker where the team trading for him has to pay him $3million. Ouch.

S

sactownfan

So maybe that's why we've gotten above .500 for the first time in eons?

Just sayin'...

Nocioni is a big part of that chemistry. If you've watched the games, you've seen his heart and hustle. You notice it even more in Arco. He's a very active team player, on and off the court. I just don't see trading him and KT for Dalembert and Gidden as being a big step up.
ok look the reason were winning right now is because other than the "contenders" it seems like everyone else sucks too! theres a huge drop off in talent right now past the top 15 teams... and we've been playing those teams... its not like we're walking around crushing the Celtics/lakers/Hawks/spurs

seriously people get a grip!

Its waaaayyyy to early to be talking about chemistry!!!! Noc doesn't even talk to anyone! and he really REALLY REALLY WANTS TO GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE!!!! HE WANTS OUT!!! HES SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR IN THE NICEST WAYS POSSIBLE! OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN!!! wow! whats wrong wit everyone...

you wanna keep a guy here thats not.... part of the future, overpaid, old, and wants to leave... because we beat a few crappy teams 9 games into the season, your all against trading for a legit 5 that can do things that Hawes might never be able to do ever (and no im not talking about making a good % of 3pt shots).... wow wow wow!!!! a 5 that will play big mins for our team and give us better ability to actually match up with teams and improve our defense... wow thats a terrible idea!!!!

ok look the reason were winning right now is because other than the "contenders" it seems like everyone else sucks too! theres a huge drop off in talent right now past the top 15 teams... and we've been playing those teams... its not like we're walking around crushing the Celtics/lakers/Hawks/spurs

seriously people get a grip!

Its waaaayyyy to early to be talking about chemistry!!!! Noc doesn't even talk to anyone! and he really REALLY REALLY WANTS TO GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE!!!! HE WANTS OUT!!! HES SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR IN THE NICEST WAYS POSSIBLE! OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN!!! wow! whats wrong wit everyone...
Lol
Since you and noc are best friends, since you can't know that for a fact without talking to the guy, can you get him on here? I want to ask him a question.

I'd rather do the Okafor deal... getting rid of Nocioni for Dalembert is a wash imo. As far as K-9 and his expiring I take issue with some of the statements regarding Sacramento and our ability to lure free agents. True we're not LA, NY, or Miami but really this is California still. It's not like we're Minnesotta, Toronto, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Indiana, Portland, Houston, or OKC. I mean we'll probably miss out on the elite free agents but we should do alright with the 2nd tier guys.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

you wanna keep a guy here thats not.... part of the future, overpaid, old, and wants to leave... because we beat a few crappy teams 9 games into the season, your all against trading for a legit 5 that can do things that Hawes might never be able to do ever (and no im not talking about making a good % of 3pt shots).... wow wow wow!!!! a 5 that will play big mins for our team and give us better ability to actually match up with teams and improve our defense... wow thats a terrible idea!!!!
Um, you need to move the antennas on your tinfoil hat. Apparently you're receiving very old broadcasts or something.

Andres Nocioni said those things LAST SEASON WHEN HE FIRST ARRIVED HERE. Since then, he has not only changed his mind - which last time I checked he and anyone else is allowed to do - he's actually made several comments about how he's enjoying this year with the new coach, the emphasis on team play, etc. He's the consummate team player this year, not only giving it his all on the court but being a very vocal supporter of the new kids when they're on the court.

But whatever...don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

There are legitimate reasons to support the trade and support moving Nocioni but you have done a very good job of totally avoiding them. Way to go.

Well, you definately pointed out his negatives. If you're a sixers fan I'm assuming you have seen a lot of him. Are there ANY positives you can point out?

Is it the system? The atmosphere? Would a change of scenery help? Or is he just a lazy, overpaid, underachieving center? Just wondering what your opinion is if you watch him on a regular basis.
Whoops... I think you misunderstood what I was meaning... I was posting that from another person who is a sixers fan, not me. Kings for me all the way baby!

Between Noc, Casspi, Greene, Garcia, and Udoka; someone has to go. There is simply not enough PT to go around. I think it's inevitable that one of the SFs get moved. The question is who'd you trade? Definitely not the young pieces and Udoka makes too little to bring back anyone useful. So it's down to either Noc or Garcia.

I'm not terribly excited about Dalembert, but if he can provide 15-20 mins of mostly good but ocassionally dumb plays, it may be worth it. Because we have to trade either Noc or Garcia anyway, may as well bring back a semi-useful big body that doesn't kill your cap space.

With that said, $13 million a season is way too much for a backup center. From a rotation and giving minutes to the young standpoint it may be a good move, but still I'm glad it's not my money.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Uhm This shouldn't be any question. This or Oakafor. This is the next step to building this team back up. We need that type player. End of subject.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The point isn't that someone has to go, which I think is pretty much accepted as quite likely. The real point is that it doesn't have to be today, especially with Garcia out for a still undetermimed amount of time.

P

PoundForPound

I'm sorry but Andres Nocioni is a good player, plays the game with fire and passion which we would miss, and can score the ball.

Why would we want to let him go? I don't get this team sometimes. Do we want to suck?

I'm sorry but Andres Nocioni is a good player, plays the game with fire and passion which we would miss, and can score the ball.

Why would we want to let him go? I don't get this team sometimes. Do we want to suck?

I think they've finally realized we need an inside defensive presence. However I agree with a lot here - we aren't getting proper value back for Noci

Are You kidding?????
No he's right. We can get Okafor or Dalembert without giving up Noc. He's an important player for us, he hustles, he defends, he hits open shots, he does a good job, he's a good player, and he's a LEADER for the young guys. We shouldn't get rid of him, especially when the net result in that trade anyway is Boston gets him for scrap and Philly just gets Kenny anyway.