Ya wanna know what really pisses me off?

NOTE: If a mod feels this would be a better fit within a current open thread/topic, then please feel free to move this. I will only hold a minor grudge; nothing brutal. Nothing bloody. (insert expression of sarcasm here)..

Any Facebook users who are friends/fans of local news outlets? (i.e. News 10, Channel 3, Channel 13, Fox 40, AM 1140, AM 1530)

Is it just me, or does it totally pee you off when people find it necessary, on those specific pages, to comment on every freaking Kings story by saying "Who cares?" or "Let it go already." or "Give it up, KJ." or "Let the Kings leave." etc., etc., etc.......

What pisses me off is these are the same people who, if the Kings leave, will be the first in line to moan and cry about how KJ did not try hard enough to keep the team. How KJ failed. How KJ did not put in the effort. But yet, it was these same people who "don't care" if the Kings leave...

More than pissing me off, it almost makes me sick to my stomach to read all of these comments. These people are essentially what the sports world call bandwagon fans. They support the team during good times, but then find ways to ruin the parade when things are going bad.

Just a thought, because it really pisses me off to read all of this, and even to hear it at times. It really does.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
These people have been around since the beginning of time and I believe are called the CAVE people. I think that means C______ Against Virtually Everything or something like that. I have never taken a peek at the places you are reading except once and that was all that was needed. Keep in mind what is in the news and not what they say and quit reading those notes !!!!!!! :)

NOTE: If a mod feels this would be a better fit within a current open thread/topic, then please feel free to move this. I will only hold a minor grudge; nothing brutal. Nothing bloody. (insert expression of sarcasm here)..

Any Facebook users who are friends/fans of local news outlets? (i.e. News 10, Channel 3, Channel 13, Fox 40, AM 1140, AM 1530)

Is it just me, or does it totally pee you off when people find it necessary, on those specific pages, to comment on every freaking Kings story by saying "Who cares?" or "Let it go already." or "Give it up, KJ." or "Let the Kings leave." etc., etc., etc.......

What pisses me off is these are the same people who, if the Kings leave, will be the first in line to moan and cry about how KJ did not try hard enough to keep the team. How KJ failed. How KJ did not put in the effort. But yet, it was these same people who "don't care" if the Kings leave...

More than pissing me off, it almost makes me sick to my stomach to read all of these comments. These people are essentially what the sports world call bandwagon fans. They support the team during good times, but then find ways to ruin the parade when things are going bad.

Just a thought, because it really pisses me off to read all of this, and even to hear it at times. It really does.
You have cave dwellers on the "printed" internet news sources, there's no reason you wouldn't have the same ilk on the local radio/TV news sources.

These people have been around since the beginning of time and I believe are called the CAVE people. I think that means C______ Against Virtually Everything or something like that. I have never taken a peek at the places you are reading except once and that was all that was needed. Keep in mind what is in the news and not what they say and quit reading those notes !!!!!!! :)
I know what you're trying to say there at the end but, honestly, how can you NOT read those notes? I mean, they're like literally right there in front of your eyes, almost jammed down your throats. How can you not read that stuff????

Citizens Against Virtually Everything

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

It's very hard to ignore them, but since attention is what they're craving, it is the only real thing to do.

They're simply trolls, just like some of the ones we occasionally get around here. The difference is that the local media sites and pages don't have moderators. I know that sometimes we the moderators can get on people's nerves, but we're really here to ensure that the majority of our members can have a pleasant experience with thoughtful discussion. People who cannot or will not follow the rules are dealt with. That just doesn't happen on those pages/sites of which you speak.

There will always be the very vocal minority who wants to spoils things for everyone else. Ignoring them is truly the only way to deal with them. As Joshua learned in the movie War Games, "The only winning move is not to play."

It's very hard to ignore them, but since attention is what they're craving, it is the only real thing to do.

They're simply trolls, just like some of the ones we occasionally get around here. The difference is that the local media sites and pages don't have moderators. I know that sometimes we the moderators can get on people's nerves, but we're really here to ensure that the majority of our members can have a pleasant experience with thoughtful discussion. People who cannot or will not follow the rules are dealt with. That just doesn't happen on those pages/sites of which you speak.

There will always be the very vocal minority who wants to spoils things for everyone else. Ignoring them is truly the only way to deal with them. As Joshua learned in the movie War Games, "The only winning move is not to play."
You make some very good points, VF21, but I will have to respectfully disagree with your labeling of all of those individuals as "trolls". While I do believe that well over 50% of them are indeed trolls, I think that there are a fair number of those who are just regular citizens of the Sacramento area who just don't give a crap about the Kings, unless they're winning. While I fully endorse the 1st Amendment's notion of freedom of speech, I find it extremely disappointing and annoying when that freedom is exercised in the manner in which I speak of in my original post. It annoys the heck out of me to see so many negative comments made about the Kings and how they feel like the Kings should leave, etc. Because, as I said in my first post, they will be the first ones in line to cry and moan if the team does leave. Oh, and also, if the team were playing well, they'd also be the first ones to stand in line to endorse any sort of a new arena deal.

And then there are those who don't care about the Kings, or sports, at all, and just fail to see what a sports team really does for a city's economy...

I like to troll them (cave people). Most of the time they will love a great argument and they like to cite things that are either irrelevant or flat out lies. I got tired of arguing with those people so I have an internet "alter persona" that trolls the heck out of them and pretty much does the same thing they do to others.

Last edited:
Everyone has a right to voice their opinions, but when you're just a keyboard warrior your voice does not get very far.

You can make an impact by having your voice heard in public.

So why not join us at city hall this Tuesday evening? By showing up you'll get a cool Crown Downtown shirt that even Urijah Faber has as he supports Crown Downtown.

I quit trying to present any facts to those people. When you point out their lies, they never respond. They just blurt out something else and then bring up the same lie or misleading info in another article's comment section. I've decided that most comments do not come from open-minded people who seriously want to engage in a rational discussion. It's just a waste of time. I'm pretty much getting that way about Sonics fans' comments.

Mike is right. I'd rather speck up and show up when and where it matters. Besides the CAVE folks make it all about the Kings. Its about so much more than that for our region.