Wow... Beltre was signed to the Mariners.

This is what is wrong with baseball. The M's spend major money, in the same week the A's got rid of 2 aces b/c they could not afford them.

How long before a salary cap has to be implemented to protect the small market clubs from being "farm clubs" for the big market teams? The players don't like it but the owners will eventually have to insist. Personally, MLB used to be my favorite sport until the labor strikes/lockouts of the 90's happened. Throw in the steroid issue that's de-legitimized the game's records and player prostitution and I seldom go to any games...would rather see the River Cats before they get spoiled by MLB.

Rowdyone said:
How long before a salary cap has to be implemented to protect the small market clubs from being "farm clubs" for the big market teams? The players don't like it but the owners will eventually have to insist. Personally, MLB used to be my favorite sport until the labor strikes/lockouts of the 90's happened. Throw in the steroid issue that's de-legitimized the game's records and player prostitution and I seldom go to any games...would rather see the River Cats before they get spoiled by MLB.
I am emotionally fighting as hard as I can to not go there, but I fear it may be enivitable.