Would you make this trade? With the Lakers

Brand new to the forum ,i have been a fan since 1995. Die hard Kings fan. It's looking like the Lakers will be stuck in another mediocre season and 1st round exit. I think MGMT and the fans have grown impatient with Lamar Odom's inconsistency and injuries. Personally i think his lack of consistency is playing with Kobe who takes all the shots.

Here is the trade

Kings Trade - Brad Miller ,Ron Artest ,Quincy Douby

Kings Recieve - Lamar Odom ,Kwame Brown

C Kwame
PF Lamar Odom
SF Kenny Thomas
G Martin
G Bibby

We improve big time in the rebounding area,and get a better low post defender in Kwame. He is not a scorer,but he can bang in the post on defense. I think the Lakers consider this because Kobe and Phil wanted Ron Artest last season. Brad would be a good triangle fit,and Douby is a big guard that Phil would like. We could use Lamar in the post similair to how Miami used him in 2003/2004. The Lakers have not used him this way.

Yeah, this is in the wrong section, but I like this trade. If we could work out this trade in light of the Artest arrest then let's do it. I think the Lakers would laugh at this offer, but I'd do it in a second if it worked salary wise and the Lakers were down with it.

I like Kawame and think he has a good amount of potential. He can play 4/5 and give us the athletic big we need. Lamar is a potential All Star, but has had a fair amount of inconsistence and injury, but so have Artest and Miller for us. Also Douby is a short SG and KMart isn't going anywhere so I really have no attachment to him at this point.

in the event of this trade, salmons would be starting sf, not thomas. thomas does not have the quickness to guard on the perimeter. wed have to either put odom at 3, or need to deal one of our 4s.

i would do this as well. i cant really see lakers giving this much thought, even though phil jackson isnt much of a kwame brown fan, and they already have their center in bynum. however, odom is the glue that holds their entire franchise together imo. i disagree with you that lakers are fed up with odom. he does it all; rebound, assist, defense, steals, hit the 3, and few with his size can take it from the 3pt line right into the paint with his gracefulness. as far as comparisons go, hes the pippen to kobe.

before whats been going on, i could see this trade go through, with a few tweaks, but artests trade value is questionable right now.

id love to have a line up of brown, odom, salmons, martin, and bibby. i think this lineup compliments each other. odom can assume the point forward that bibby thrived with, and brown gives much needed interior defense.

I dont like Kwame, actually i dont like Odom either, but i would do it to better the team, but no way would i ever start K9 at SF, he would get owned every night by the opposing SF.

K9 will definately not be our starter at SF. If we did get Odem, K9 would be packed and on his way somewhere else, at least this is what everyone would hope. Like I said I really doubt the Lakers would do this trade, Odem is the cornerstone behind Bryant.

I wouldn't mind a Cook & Brown for Artest trade, but then again Ron's value is very much in question now more then ever. Heck I'd even do a Cook & filler for Artest. I really like Brian Cook's size, athletism, and good shooting and the Lakers have Rad & Walton so Cook will not get the playing time he deserves.

ewwwww... the lakers? I dont want any of them. Plus, did you see how whiny Odumb was last week when we beat them (he was making bitter beer face the whole second half).
Yeah Odumb & Brown aren't the smartest people in the world...and you can take that one to the bank! ;) They would help us though and giving up Artest and Miller would be worth it. I really don't see them doing it though.

Brown & Cook for Artest or Miller (but not both) would be good.

Yeah Odumb & Brown aren't the smartest people in the world...and you can take that one to the bank! ;) They would help us though and giving up Artest and Miller would be worth it. I really don't see them doing it though.

Brown & Cook for Artest or Miller (but not both) would be good.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL for artest? give me a break! both of those 6'10+ players really suck. brown is a 1st round 1st pick bust and cook is a softie who likes to jack up shots from beyond the arc.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL for artest? give me a break! both of those 6'10+ players really suck. brown is a 1st round 1st pick bust and cook is a softie who likes to jack up shots from beyond the arc.
With our desperate need for height and Ron's past not being so far in the past....I'd do this trade. Cook is young and shows good promise. Also Brown is learning from the best (Kareem) and is very young and everyone knows it takes bigs a while to develop. I'm not saying they will both be super stars, but they are good enough now to warrant the trade...I know it's the Lakers.

With our desperate need for height and Ron's past not being so far in the past....I'd do this trade. Cook is young and shows good promise. Also Brown is learning from the best (Kareem) and is very young and everyone knows it takes bigs a while to develop. I'm not saying they will both be super stars, but they are good enough now to warrant the trade...I know it's the Lakers.
only so the zen master can mold ronny into the beast he can be? i sincerly think the zen master is the one of the only that can handle ron's personality and help him reach his potential.

C bynum
PF odom
SF artest
SG kobe
pg whoever

thats a pretty damn good team. i know we're desperate for size but i think that trade w/ the heat would pull in better commodoties than the lakers scrubs. if brown hasn't gotten it now how much longer will it take? cmon bro, hes been in the league for what? at least 5 yrs. you'd think he'd pick it up by now.

only so the zen master can mold ronny into the beast he can be? i sincerly think the zen master is the one of the only that can handle ron's personality and help him reach his potential.

C bynum
PF odom
SF artest
SG kobe
pg whoever

thats a pretty damn good team. i know we're desperate for size but i think that trade w/ the heat would pull in better commodoties than the lakers scrubs. if brown hasn't gotten it now how much longer will it take? cmon bro, hes been in the league for what? at least 5 yrs. you'd think he'd pick it up by now.
Very true and scary. I too would rather him go to the other Zen Master in the East though (Miami). Yeah the line up you mention would be pretty scary. I didn't realize how long Brown has been in the league, yeah you'd think you'd see more by now, especially after 2-3 years and especially with Kareem mentoring him and Bynum. He surely doesn't have much of any basketball IQ.