Wolves still want Evans...

Star Tribune - With Lorenzo Wright off the market, the one remaining free agent in whom the Wolves have some interest is Reggie Evans.

Evans was dealt in a mid-season trade from Seattle to Denver. The Nuggets have interest in bringing him back, but currently have a glut of power forwards.
http://www.startribune.com/507/story/637948.html

As expected, and that is where I ultimately think Reggie will end up. Not the most money from the Wolves, but what Evans has also said he wants is the best situation to play. He wouldn't really get that in Denver, as the Nuggies have an apartment floor full of bigs.

I think Evans will end up back in Denver, plus Evans is gonna ask for big $$$ and i doubt the Wolves are willing to pay up what Evans is asking for. whatever the Wolves do they will have a hard time fighting for a playoff spot i think this is KG's last year as a Wolve.

I think Evans will end up back in Denver, plus Evans is gonna ask for big $$$ and i doubt the Wolves are willing to pay up what Evans is asking for. whatever the Wolves do they will have a hard time fighting for a playoff spot i think this is KG's last year as a Wolve.
Denver has the money, but he's said he wants to get to play. With all of Denver's bigs already, that doesn't favor it.

Denver PF without Evans: Nene/Martin/Smith/Najera/Kleiza/Sampson

Is he going to get minutes over Smith or Martin or Nene as back-up PF? I don't think so. Even if Martin's moved, would Evans get minutes over Joe Smith or Nene as back-up PF? I'd say no as well.

Wolves would be willing to pay him what he wants if they still had their MLE. They have the LLE, and the better situation for Evans to play behind KG.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wolves with Evans look solid on paper:

C -- Blount (defends but does not board)
PF -- Garnett (21.8ppg)
SF -- Davis (19.4ppg)
OG -- Foye (looked great in summer league)
PG -- James (20.3ppg)
PG/OG -- Jaric
OG/SF -- Hassel (defense)
PF/C -- Griffin (shotblocking/rebounding)
PF -- Evans (rebounding)
PF/C -- Madsen
PG -- Hudson

That's 3 primary scorers + a good looking lottery pick rook, one combo 6th man, and a bunch of roleplayers. Who knows how it works out, but on paper its a well constructed team with maybe the only question being scoring punch off the bench.

Indeed. I think they have a good possibility to make the playoffs and win their division.

Not sure about Foye starting though, have to see.

Taylor said the hope is that some of the available free agents will learn that they can't get the big contracts they anticipate. In the case of Reggie Evans, Taylor expects him to wind up staying with Denver.
http://www.startribune.com/507/story/639115.html

So, if that's gonna happen, be interesting to see where Evans fits in at PF with all of the other guys there already. As the money is there in Denver, but the situation to play isn't clear or favoring for Evans.

This also could well take Bonzi away from going to Denver.

Based upon something I read, my guess is Bonzi will get a good amount of money for one year from the Bobcats. They need to make some signings to get above the minimum salary threshold...

Wow, Bonzi on the Bobcats? That'd be bizarre from Bonzi's stand-point, and Charlotte's direction as well. Even if the Bobcats don't really have a starting SG.

Makes sense money-wise though, so is a possibility of some kind. I liked their line-up before and have a good possibility to be in the playoff picture, but even moreso with Bonzi.

Felton/Knight
Bonzi/Carroll/Anderson
Morrison-Gerald/Morrison-Gerald/Robinson
Okafor/May
Brezec/Voshkul

Felton's gonna be a stud, btw :). I also like their young wing-players on the bench in Anderson/Carroll/Robinson.

Last edited:
That could be a good situation for both teams when you think about it. Of course the media will forget all about Bonzi if he's with the Bobcats.