Wolves @ Kings Game Thread

Which of these presents the most interesting matchup?

• Evans versus Flynn

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Hawes versus Jefferson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Kings versus the free throw line

Votes: 37 56.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
After a 4 game winning streak, 4 game losing streak and 4 game winning streak Kings are on a guess what ? - 4 game losing streak dropping to 9-12 and 1-9 on the road which is as good as Clippers and Grizzlies. In order for these 4 game sequences to repeat Kings will have to win in Portland because other 3 games feature Wizards and Wilves at home as well as Wolves on the road - very, very winable. One step at the time please ! First lets stop this streak abd beat Wolves on Saturday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-4 in December with a easiest stretch coming up befor it becomes brutal. 10 more games left and I would sign off 1-9 record right now if the one win is on the 26th. Realistically, there is no way to predict anything because Kings have proven that they can compete with anyone, anywhere. Nice Christmas schedule for people in Sacamento. Lebron right before and Kobe right after Christmas. lakers will play Cavs day before and they might be tired and maybe just maybe refs won't help them (who am I kidding). Would be nice Christmas present at least for me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
First 4 game in 5 nights for this group was a success/failure. Well, depends on how you look at it. We went 0-4 and I still liked most of what I saw. We had a chance to win all 4 games and few rebounds, free throws and good referee calls were missing to do so. We played 4 "good" teams that will all finish season above 0.500. We didn't defend at all especially inside but we competed and every single game went down the stretch. Can't ask for more at this point. We still do need lot help in many areas. Some of it will be covered when injured players return, some of it has to be covered via trades, free agents, draft.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Watched a Kings game in person the other night. Had a chance to see most of the new players. Still upset about Casspi not playing. Watching the game live enable you to see more things and sitting close to the court also enables you to hear things. Wanted to pumch Bob Delaney several times or at least to spit on him. Didn't do it. Evans is already very, very good both ways. CP3 is still recovering nowhere near 100% but damn. He was dominated like a little kid. When Evans improves his shooting to the point where you have to honor it - he eill be unstopable. If he ever gets to the status where he gets some calls - he might be a superstar. He got hit so many times and there was no call. You could clearly hear the hits. You could also hear Hornets yelling in panic having no clue what to do. He missed the last layup but he was very, very impressive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawes on the other hand is worse than I thought and I thought - he was pretty bad. He is a god given waste of 7 feet. He would do fine being a foot shorter since he would play the same game. He doesn't defend, he gets pushed around by guards, everyone can take a rebound right out of his hand. And every opponent seems to know that. We need an upgrade here because this "vista" is crashing a lot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donte seems to have a lot of talent but he also doesn't seem to ve very smart on court especially making adjustments on the fly. Doesn't seem to understand the game very well either. Has great athletic abilitees, can shoot fairly well but of the ball - just horrible. -
Nice to have a great coach again. He is the main, main reaso why we are so competetive. He controlled the game any way he wanted. We got what we wanted most of the time. Sure, his opponent Egghead Bower is few level below Muss&Muss Junior abilities as a coach whom assistant coaches draw up plays, but the way he was outcoached by Westphal was impressive. I never thought we could lose the game but I guess coach can't shoot free throws himself.
Free throws - what a stupid name. They aren't free :p unless you are a "superstar" because everyone else has to earn them and it cost you a beating. Original purpose was to punish the team that fouls and award the fouled. Kings rarely get the true meaning. We can go back to the game & of WCF or we can look at the last 4 games or this season. For the Kings - it is the double punishment. First, you get beate and then you go to bed without dinner. In thee related story - the other night I won a bet when Nocioni had a chance to tie the game against the Hornets. I figured - since we weren't going to win the game - at least I can profit personally. So, first missed FT brought me a dinner. Easiest bet I ever won. You could see on his face that he didn't want the responsibility. Hiring Scott Pollard as a FT coach would be an upgrade to what we have right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Never liked Spurs one bit. They flop, hey cheat, they are dirty in any way possible. Against Kings - they are generally lucky too. Never again will tey whoot 89% from three. NEVER AGAIN ! Last night we didn't defend at all. We came back somwhere end of 3rd beginning of the 4th quarter and took a lead but then there was an offensive foul and a flop and ... We shot Fts miserablly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - George Hill - weak

LW_VC - Flopibili - he sux

JHA - Nocioni - his usual game

MIKKI - Spencer Charmin Hawes - 6 rebounds :rolleyes:

SAR-Methuselah - McDyess looks like he wil fall over any second until he faces Hawes where he suddendly transform into Optimus Prime.

RA&1 - Blair. Ran around like fake money.

WTF moment of the game - Flopibili did what he do best - he floped and then he was in pain like someone shot him - 3 times.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing like hosting a team that is 1-9 on the road to end this losing streak. That is what Kings will do. Host that team and end the streak. Wolves will have an execution in LA night before and whatever is left that shows up at ARCO, we will finish it up. There will be interesting matchups all over the place. Here are some that I am looking or not looking forward to it:

Evans vs Flynn
Jefferson vs Hawes
Kings vs FT line

can a moderator transform this into a poll ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evans - light them up!
Noc - get traded soon
Greene - get smart
Thompson - don't foul
Hawes - change the gender, play WNBA - realize way too soft for that too.

Casspi - excellent
Udrih - solid
Rodrigues - inconsistant

rest - mateen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolves - 3-19 and 1-9 on the road suck and that won't change in a long time. They have some decent talent but they are horribly coached. Did I see Muss Junior somwhere on their bench ? Ellington will win TDM. LW-VC will go to Gomes. Jason Hart will win an award if he enters the game. Kings will win this one. They better win this one.
------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
P

PoundForPound

I agree with what you said about Spencer Hawes.

The guy is garbage. Please get him out of here. Please.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Jefferson vs Hawes = bad

on a side note it looks like al jefferson has too much weight on his frame, and he's playing center? I think if he could slim down alot he would be unstoppable

This game should be an automatic win but knowing this team and its Free-throw, D, and turnover problems its probably going to a close game.

But,
Evans v Flynn - Evans should beat up Flynn and post him up from time to time.
Greene v Brewer - Pretty even match up skill wise. But Donte's height should win this matchup also.
Nocioni v Wilkins - Noc should take advantage of this.
Thompson v Gomes - Same here for JT.
Hawes v Jefferson - *Facepalm*

Kings 107 - 97 Lets keep'em under 100!!

This game should be an automatic win but knowing this team and its Free-throw, D, and turnover problems its probably going to a close game.

But,
Evans v Flynn - Evans should beat up Flynn and post him up from time to time.
Greene v Brewer - Pretty even match up skill wise. But Donte's height should win this matchup also.
Nocioni v Wilkins - Noc should take advantage of this.
Thompson v Gomes - Same here for JT.
Hawes v Jefferson - *Facepalm*

Kings 107 - 97 Lets keep'em under 100!!
lol , this perfectly expresses how i feel about this matchup

I think this is a winnable game for us, we SHOULD win this game...that being said, I think it does provide for some possible matchup problems. Jefferson v Spencer could loom bigger than we think, I think Big Al could use and abuse Spencer for about 30/15. Which could open up the passing lanes, which also could allow Flynn more abilities to slash and get around and under our tall and lanky defenders. I see this for some reason ending up like:

Wolves 98
Kings 88

Hopefully not though, of course.:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tough poll choices. I thought long and hard about the recurring "Kings vs. the stripe" matchup but ended up going with the one I hope is more of a two-sided battle: Evans v. Flynn.

I honestly think if they hadn't had this slump from the line they would be over .500 right now.
Yep, for sure.

As far as the poll, I voted Evans/Flynn simply because I think Reke will show just how far ahead of his class he truly is.

Hawes vs Al just scares me.

And yes, us vs The Line is mind-numbing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's a new article in the News Link section by Kayte Christensen, who looks at the free-throw situation and adds some relevant insight. Well worth the read.

:)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Wolves getting eaten up by the Lakers tonight (Fri). Should soften them up for the Kings Saturday, eh? Luck of the draw for a change!! :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wolves getting eaten up by the Lakers tonight (Fri). Should soften them up for the Kings Saturday, eh? Luck of the draw for a change!! :)

No softening required for that crew. ;)

Look at us, 21 games removed form a 17 win season and already back to mocking the less fortunate. :p

Don't be so quick to discount the Wolves in this game. Their frontline is their strength. Jefferson and Love is back. Guess what our team weakness just happen to be at.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Any team in the NBA can beat any other team in the NBA on any given night. Especially if one of the teams doesn't show up ready to play. That hasn't been the case for us so far this year. But this is exactly the type of game that can bite you in the butt.

The Kings need to come out and jump on Minny right from the get go. The worse thing they can do is let Minny hang around, gain confidence and start to believe they can win. I feel confident that we can, and should win this game, but it makes me nervous just the same.:eek:

Hawes on the other hand is worse than I thought and I thought - he was pretty bad. He is a god given waste of 7 feet. He would do fine being a foot shorter since he would play the same game. He doesn't defend, he gets pushed around by guards, everyone can take a rebound right out of his hand. And every opponent seems to know that. We need an upgrade here because this "vista" is crashing a lot.
My New Signature

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.