[Game] Wolves @ Kings 4/2/12 - NO NCAA SPOILERS!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Reke played 18 minutes in the 1st half, not exacty riding the pine. Plus the team overall was playing well (offensively, atleast)..65% from the field. Yeah, you can argue with the way he was subbed (I started watching beginning of 2nd quarter so I assume he played all of first, then first 5 of second?) but you want him to play the whole half? Then you will argue how gassed he was in the 2nd half and how Smart was stupid for not giving him a rest.

Look, I'm not a Smart fan overall and I usually think you are pretty accurate in your assessment of his subbing patterns, but hard to complain about the team tonight. (Other than defense, but that's par for the course)
You act like this is new. Whole half? No way. How about subbing him out at the end of the 1st, and have him back at the 6 min mark, which would at least be a semi normal sub pattern. RUnning a guy for 17+ mins and then sitting him longer to recover just increases the chance of injury.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I think you should just go take over for Smart. You obviously know basketball more than him
Were you in love with Westy as well? Hope you never faulted him. How about Natt? Basketball genius, right? Wouldn't criticize him would you? But by far, the smartest coach we had somewhat recently was Theus. You with me? A basketball god. Never criticize him. These guys were highly respected as head coaches weren't they? Just look at all the job offers they've gotten as head coaches since.....

Were you in love with Westy as well? Hope you never faulted him. How about Natt? Basketball genius, right? Wouldn't criticize him would you? But by far, the smartest coach we had somewhat recently was Theus. You with me? A basketball god. Never criticize him. These guys were highly respected as head coaches weren't they? Just look at all the job offers they've gotten as head coaches since.....
It's actually an interesting question: Could Kenny Natt do more with this team's talent than Keith Smart?

Or am I just so delusional after watching this team get Smarted all year?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
It's actually an interesting question: Could Kenny Natt do more with this team's talent than Keith Smart?

Or am I just so delusional after watching this team get Smarted all year?
I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Just tired of people acting like Smart can't be criticized, and often the same criticisms which followed him in GS last year, because we're comparing him to a bunch of our previous head coaches who can't get another head coaching job in this league. He's an interim coach who's doing some things well, others pretty poorly, and is being compared to our previous coaches who no one else in the league respects as head coaches. Not much of a standard.

If Mike Brown gets questioned, if SVG gets questioned, if D'Antoni gets questioned, if McMillan get questioned, why can't Smart?

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Just tired of people acting like Smart can't be criticized, and often the same criticisms which followed him in GS last year, because we're comparing him to a bunch of our previous head coaches who can't get another head coaching job in this league. He's an interim coach who's doing some things well, others pretty poorly, and is being compared to our previous coaches who no one else in the league respects as head coaches. Not much of a standard.

If Mike Brown gets questioned, if SVG gets questioned, if D'Antoni gets questioned, if McMillan get questioned, why can't Smart?
He should be criticized that's for sure. As swisshh pointed out, there is a Fire Smart thread. However, maybe some people refuse to criticize because they're blinded by our 110-120 scoring every night? Idk.

My guess is that The Jamal was taking offense to your comments based more-so upon his dislike for Reke than his love for Smart?

He should be criticized that's for sure. As swisshh pointed out, there is a Fire Smart thread. However, maybe some people refuse to criticize because they're blinded by our 110-120 scoring every night? Idk.

My guess is that The Jamal was taking offense to your comments based more-so upon his dislike for Reke than his love for Smart?
I don't like Reke? since When?

Using the logic of this board, if Smart isn't above Criticism, than neither is Reke for his faults