[WNBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread - 2K9 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Hey, guess who's led the WNBA in assists since the All-Star Break?

I don't even have to look. Ticha has had 33 assists just in the last 4 games. I'm gonna look anyway. Any read that gives my girl her due is fine by me.

Hehehe! She has nine less minutes per (in the same # of games) and still leads the darling Bird by 16 assists.

I have said it before, and I will keep on saying it. NOBODY IS BETTER AT THE PG SLOT THAN TICHA PENICHEIRO. A pg's main responsibility (in my not so humble opinion) is assists and Ticha is the far and away WNBA leader.

Last edited:
Sue Bird is overrated as a PG. The PG's job is to make the players around her better. Bird can't perform UNLESS she has talent in place around her. When she does not have the talent around her, she becomes a loose cannon, taking shot after shot after shot. That's not to say that she isn't a good PG. She is a good PG. But she's not the best I've ever seen at that position. Not even close.

Ticha Penicheiro, on the other hand, is the best PG this league has ever known. She made a living off making less-than-stellar players look like competent WNBA-caliber players. Ticha will retire as the league's all-time leader in assists and steals, but that's only good enough to get an honorable mention for the All-Decade team. :rolleyes:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ticha Penicheiro, on the other hand, is the best PG this league has ever known. She made a living off making less-than-stellar players look like competent WNBA-caliber players. Ticha will retire as the league's all-time leader in assists and steals, but that's only good enough to get an honorable mention for the All-Decade team. :rolleyes:

OMG! We agree...TOTALLY...on something? ;)

Ticha Penicheiro = the best PG the WNBA has ever known. I like the sounds of that. Why? Because it is sooooo true!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Remember how, when Shaq was named to the NBA's 50 at 50 team in his fourth year in the league, and everybody was like, WTF? And then, he went out and justified his place on that list?

Yeah... nothing remotely close to that has yet to happen with Sue Bird...

From today's Sacramento Bee, here's an article about Sara James, a local standout shooting guard at Oak Ridge High School. She verbally committed to going to Stanford after she graduates next year.

I'm posting it here because the article mentions that Sara is being coached privately after-school by Danielle Viglione, another local b-baller and who played for the Monarchs' inaugural team in 1997.

There is also a separate column on the area's all-time great girls high school b-ballers, including Danielle and Vicki Baugh.

Enjoy!

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/2136412.html

Some more intriguing b-ball news in the Middle East:

(1.) Courtney Paris' twin sister, Ashley, has also signed with an Israeli team, albeit a different one.

http://www.safsal.co.il/earticle.aspx?id=14822

(2.) Ex-Monarch Chantelle Anderson is with the Lebanon National Team.

http://chantellesays.yardbarker.com/blog/chantellesays/Thoughts_from_the_Middle_East/984741

...But I’m here playing basketball for the Lebanese National Team for the next three months. No, I’m not Lebanese by birth but somehow it’s legal so Ima go with it, haha. It’s nice to be back on the court and although it’s not at WNBA level, it’s a good place to get my rhythm back and get some game film to play in Europe afterwards.

Some more intriguing b-ball news in the Middle East:

(1.) Courtney Paris' twin sister, Ashley, has also signed with an Israeli team, albeit a different one.

http://www.safsal.co.il/earticle.aspx?id=14822

(2.) Ex-Monarch Chantelle Anderson is with the Lebanon National Team.

http://chantellesays.yardbarker.com/blog/chantellesays/Thoughts_from_the_Middle_East/984741
Good for Courtney and Ashley, hopefully they are pushed to excel and don't regress back to feeling they can dominate without improving.

I'm happy for Chantelle playing for the Lebanon team, her WNBA days seem to be over with. Although, this "I'm playing for this country because they'll let me" thing is getting a little out of control.

As some of you have noticed, WNBA President Donna Orender was at Arco during the Indy Fever/Monarchs game a couple of weeks ago.

Here is her blog from her experiences that day, plus her thanks to Yo Griffith's contributions to the sport.

Unfortunately, her response on the difficulties of watching WNBA games on the computer and the overall TV package ticks me off.

http://my.wnba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1800006030

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The Mercury are all crazy.

EDIT - And if the Mercury loses this series, Corey Gaines needs to be fired. As in, mmediately. As in, less than thirty seconds after the final buzzer, before he even has a chance to walk off the court. As in, Mariucci and/or Munro needs to step out onto the court, microphone in hand, and give him the Vince McMahon treatment:

[yt=As in...]8H0kyCENaZs[/yt]

Only replace "Eric Bischoff" with "Corey Gaines," of course.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Whaaa happened??!? Other than they lost...and I gather from some other comments that they were stupid about the time.
I'd say that alone was quite enough! :eek:

They played the final thirty seconds as if they thought it was a one-possession game; that's on Corey Gaines. Didn't you see the way Pondexter reacted when Taylor hit that shot at the buzzer? It was clear that she either thought that they tied the game, or they won the game; that's on Corey F. Gaines.

Maybe they would have lost, anyway, but Gaines cost them that game. And, if they end up getting put out of the playoffs, he needs to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.