"Winning is not important."

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storisaurus

The "culture" is most important.

To me, that sounds like making excuses for poor performance. I have seen this same sentiment countless times on several different Kings websites. "Winning is not important." Really? Has it gotten that bad, that you seriously think the average NBA fan is going to continue to spend their money on a poor product? In what industry that is lucrative, do people claim that the product is irrelevant as long as the intention is good? (And i'm not even so sure the intention is good at this point) I mean, if it makes you feel better to continually support poor performance from every possible angle concerning this product, feel free to do so; there are worse things in life. However, I think the argument is counterproductive and a cop out with a taste of denial sprinkled on top.

Have fun tanking, I guess.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The "culture" is most important.

To me, that sounds like making excuses for poor performance. I have seen this same sentiment countless times on several different Kings websites. "Winning is not important." Really? Has it gotten that bad, that you seriously think the average NBA fan is going to continue to spend their money on a poor product? In what industry that is lucrative, do people claim that the product is irrelevant as long as the intention is good? (And i'm not even so sure the intention is good at this point) I mean, if it makes you feel better to continually support poor performance from every possible angle concerning this product, feel free to do so; there are worse things in life. However, I think the argument is counterproductive and a cop out with a taste of denial sprinkled on top.

Have fun tanking, I guess.
I take it you are mad that Jimmer didn't play.

Its not tanking if you really dont have the talent to win games. This franchise has been run into tne ground by cheap owners and a past his prime gm. The whole franchise is starting from scratch right now and we have our centerpiece at center.

The culture really has to change if at the end of the year Demarcus is on board with Malones style and coaching there will be no room for another player to not bring effort every night.

I didnt watch the game tonight but Ive watched all of the other ones. The roster isnt going to change over night...so why are we getting mad at these losses? We just have to ride this out trusting that thisnew regime will get the right players on the court. Whether it will be through free agency, trades or making the right draft pick

Arguably our second best most consisten t player has been Travis Outlaw....where are we gonna win games with that? No offense to Outlaw of course

Status
Not open for further replies.