Windows XP question

ok computer techies out there, i need some help.

i really want to be able to save pictures from the internet onto my computer.

i used to do this all the time on my other computer( which had windows ME on it) i had a special file in my pictures that said " kings" and every time i found a new pic i liked, i'd just right click it, save as , yada yada it always worked. i could also burn it whenever i wanted to.

flashforward to the new computer with windows XP.......

i have a my pictures file, which has all my photo's from my ditigal camera. so i tried creating a kings file on that, found a pic i liked, did the same thing as i did on the other computer, right clicked on the pic, pressed save as, all that jazz. i go back to see the pic, and it's not there. i tsays " image" and i click on that, and it says " no preview available. to save any pictures now that i want, i have to save them on word pad which lets me copy and paste, but that really sucks becuase i can't burn them onto a CD

is there a solution to my problem??? has anyone else ever had this kind of problem??? what do people with XP do to try to save pics. i'd try downloading them, but i can't figure out how to. i've also tried help and support, that did NOTHING.

any info or help would be MUCH appreciated!!!! :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have no problem in saving pictures in XP. It might have just been the picture you were trying to save, because I save them in exactly the same way. If you're using Google Images, make sure you go to the original site of the image and NOT the summary Google page...

VF21 said:
I have no problem in saving pictures in XP. It might have just been the picture you were trying to save, because I save them in exactly the same way. If you're using Google Images, make sure you go to the original site of the image and NOT the summary Google page...
i've been trying saving images off getty. i'll try google and see what happens. who knows, maybe it's justmy computer being a butt, my aunt also has XP and she never has any problems

edit: i tried google and it worked !!!! YES!!!!!!! thanks VF21 for just saying google, because it made me try it and that worked, so i'm pleased as punch. i wonder why the getty pics won't save...... ah well.

* runs to save more kings pics on google :D*

Last edited: