Willie Cauley-Stein is your newest Sacramento King

We just selected a center, what does it mean for DeMarcus Cousins?

And personally I don't think that he is the player for us, I don't know how much he can develop.

J

jdbraver

And personally I don't think that he is the player for us, I don't know how much he can develop.
It means cuz can focus on rebounding and offense. Clearly they fit together. He is a stud athlete and can definitely improve. I'm wonder y u think he can't

There was more upside we left on the board. Mudiay and Winslow have a much much higher ceiling. WCS could have been had a few picks lower but likely we couldn't make the trade.

He's a good fit though. So it's a solid pick and will keep Boogie out of foul trouble.

J

jdbraver

There was more upside we left on the board. Mudiay and Winslow have a much much higher ceiling. WCS could have been had a few picks lower but likely we couldn't make the trade.

He's a good fit though. So it's a solid pick and will keep Boogie out of foul trouble.
There is no guarantee he would still be there. If the guy u want is available u take him

This is the happiest that I've been since DMC.
I've wanted WCS next to Cousins for two years.

Something to think about...because WCS has the lateral quickness and length to be able to guard pretty much any position it means that teams won't be able to force the Kings to go small.
Cousins will kill them and WCS can stay out on the floor because he can stay with anyone out there.

And if he has any sort of 10-12ft shot on a consistent basis...

Yeah, I'm thrilled.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

He's a DEFENDER. And what it means for DMC is having a legitimate big next to him. Boogie can play the 4. Our front court of WCS, DMC and Rudy is a legitimate threat to every other team in the league. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Another plus? He's from Kentucky. He and DMC learned the basics from John Calipari. That, in and of itself, is money in the bank.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is the happiest that I've been since DMC.
I've wanted WCS next to Cousins for two years.

Something to think about...because WCS has the lateral quickness and length to be able to guard pretty much any position it means that teams won't be able to force the Kings to go small.
Cousins will kill them and WCS can stay out on the floor because he can stay with anyone out there.

And if he has any sort of 10-12ft shot on a consistent basis...

Yeah, I'm thrilled.
I'm reposting this because I could only like it once and once is not enough!!! :)

It means cuz can focus on rebounding and offense. Clearly they fit together. He is a stud athlete and can definitely improve. I'm wonder y u think he can't
he might, but I think we should have taken Emmanuel Mudiay, WCS was compared by Jalen Rose to Tyson Chandler, it's not what we need, that's all, I don't see how he can help us in the long term.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

He'll be a PF for us, next to Cuz. And he's the defensive presence this team vitally needs, takes some weight of Cuz's shoulders. Team defense should take a step forward immediately. It's a very good pick for us.

But it's also dependent on Cuz staying.

I see that all of you guys are very positive about this guy, to be frank I didn't follow him too much therefore, I don't really know what to expect, all I know is that he is limited offensively, but if you believe that he can help this team in terms of defense than I can't be any happier.

Let's go Kings.

I'm running behind on my DVR but the panel were hating on the pick saying WCS offense wasn't worthy of the pick and he better be a great nba first team defender to justify the pick. And they were also saying that why would they build around boogie if he and Karl have friction? The better pick should had been winslow or that PG.