Why Rondo Should be an All-Star

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can see him getting in as the third PG after 0 and 30...he is deserving of it, no question, even if they don't have a winning record.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We get to .500...and he'd still need injury help.

Also, don't forget the same way the coaches blackballed Boogie a couple of years ago, they could do it to Rajon this year for being a meanie to poor little Ricky Carlisle. Still, we finally get this thing going and get to .500ish he can at least get in the conversation, but with Curry, Kobe, CP3, Harden, Westbrook, Lillard, Jimmer & Bledsoe, he would need help, and a fair scorecard from the judges.

I BTW think he actually does desrve it. I think Lillard is chucking, CP3 has fallen off a cliff, the Kobe thing is ****ing pathetic...well still not sure I can get him in over the rest. But he does deserve it. Just that Western Conference thing again, ironically in a year when it appears that the mighty West may be behind the eternally woeful East.

Luckily for Boogie despite mad Karl's experimentation there is more room up front, probably. Draymond, Durant, Leonard, Cousins, Blake, Davis...and an open spot.

We get to .500...and he'd still need injury help.

Also, don't forget the same way the coaches blackballed Boogie a couple of years ago, they could do it to Rajon this year for being a meanie to poor little Ricky Carlisle. Still, we finally get this thing going and get to .500ish he can at least get in the conversation, but with Curry, Kobe, CP3, Harden, Westbrook, Lillard, Jimmer & Bledsoe, he would need help, and a fair scorecard from the judges.

I BTW think he actually does desrve it. I think Lillard is chucking, CP3 has fallen off a cliff, the Kobe thing is ****ing pathetic...well still not sure I can get him in over the rest. But he does deserve it. Just that Western Conference thing again, ironically in a year when it appears that the mighty West may be behind the eternally woeful East.

Luckily for Boogie despite mad Karl's experimentation there is more room up front, probably. Draymond, Durant, Leonard, Cousins, Blake, Davis...and an open spot.
I believe that Kobe is listed as a forward on the all-star ballot this year.

Bricklayer

I believe that Kobe is listed as a forward on the all-star ballot this year.
That could work out:

7 frontcourt: Kobe, Draymond, Durant, Leonard, Cousins, Blake, Davis
5 backcourt: Curry, Harden, Westbrook...

but you would still need to be Top 2 of this group:
Bledsoe
CP3
Lillard
Rondo

Rajon has gotten nice bounceback press after being tagged public enemy #1, but that can still only happen if we get to .500 or better. Gotta win.

Still, we finally get this thing going and get to .500ish he can at least get in the conversation, but with Curry, Kobe, CP3, Harden, Westbrook, Lillard, Jimmer & Bledsoe, he would need help, and a fair scorecard from the judges.
Jimmer Fredette LOL? Or is there another Jimmer I'm not aware of?

Rondo is playing at an All Star level but the top three PG in the West are pretty set as Curry, Westbrook, and CP3 even if he has fallen off this year. You've also got Harden taking up a guard position. Lillard and Bledsoe will be more attractive candidates because they are volume scorers, though Rondo's style would be really fun to see in an All Star game.

Then you have the elephant in the room (Kobe) that needs his ceremonial spot, although he may be considered a forward now. Either way, Kobe could end up bumping either DMC or Rondo off the All Star team depending on his position. Let that sink in Kings fans. One last FU from Kobe to us.

As mentioned, there's also the issue of Rondo's recent past in Dallas. They say it's water under the bridge now, but it wouldn't surprise me if some coaches held a grudge over that when it comes time to cast their ballots.

Also I don't see us getting two All Stars unless we go on a winning streak and get above .500. Losing teams rarely get one All Star let alone two, I'm not sure that's ever happened to my knowledge.

K

KingMilz

I can see him getting in as the third PG after 0 and 30...he is deserving of it, no question, even if they don't have a winning record.
Could say the exact same thing about Lillard and Bledsoe both who are better (IMO) and playing on way less talented teams with sligthly better records and having to carry a bigger burden.

Unless we make a dramatic turnaround I don't see it.

Rondo is playing great and is in the All Star conversation. The Kings are going to have to go on a nice run of wins for two Kings All Stars to happen.

While I do not like Coach Karl's defensive strategy, or his tendency to push pace to the point of causing player exhaustion/injury. I have to give George his due for his handling of Rondo. He is letting the Floor General lead the team.

That could work out:

7 frontcourt: Kobe, Draymond, Durant, Leonard, Cousins, Blake, Davis
5 backcourt: Curry, Harden, Westbrook...

but you would still need to be Top 2 of this group:
Bledsoe
CP3
Lillard
Rondo

Rajon has gotten nice bounceback press after being tagged public enemy #1, but that can still only happen if we get to .500 or better. Gotta win.
Do you think Dirk will make the front court? 17/7 but Dallas is far exceeding expectations.

Do you think Dirk will make the front court? 17/7 but Dallas is far exceeding expectations.
People are seriously underrating fan voting..
Dirk has been playing amazingly well. I wouldn't be upset at all if he got the nod over Cousins. Plus, he's carrying his team to wins. We can't overlook Duncan either.

We'll have to see how things play out. If Cuz can get the Kings above .500, he'll have a great chance at making it.

The ceremonial stuff drives me nuts. No way that Duncan or Kobe should be there this season. Dirk has a case because he is still the best player on a good team averaging 17 & 7 but even then that is a tough case to make.

I cannot wait to hear the talking heads push for Davis to be in and excuse his losing record because of injuries but not push for Cousins even though the Kings record is better and Boogie has had injuries himself.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Could say the exact same thing about Lillard and Bledsoe both who are better (IMO) and playing on way less talented teams with sligthly better records and having to carry a bigger burden.

Unless we make a dramatic turnaround I don't see it.
Bigger burden? Bledsoe is playing along side Brandon Knight who is taking plenty of pressure off of him while Rondo gets to play next to Ben McLemore. Don't forget about CP3 also...based on reputation and name alone he can get in.

Bricklayer

They finally had the courage to drop that old has been from the dance last year. He's been marginally better this year (although I think actually worse than he was at this point last season), but once you break the tradition of gifting old guys for being old they don't get automatic sympathy bids anymore. As my list shows if Kobe is a frontcourt guy there may not be any room for "the rest" at all, unless somebody gets hurt. And if somebody does get hurt and there is an opening, Favors plays both ends and would have a real complaint I think.

Dirk has said multiple times he intends to play out his contract (through next season) so I doubt he gets a sympathy vote in when you already have two Forward spots likely going to Kobe and Duncan.

He's nowhere near as popular as they are either; last year he got 50% fewer votes than DMC and was just one spot ahead of Rudy Gay (!) in the voting. Old white guy game just doesn't move the needle. His current level of play makes him more deserving than Kobe or Duncan though, I'll give him that.

I just can't see three out of the twelve All Star spots in the West going to old has beens.

They finally had the courage to drop that old has been from the dance last year. He's been marginally better this year (although I think actually worse than he was at this point last season), but once you break the tradition of gifting old guys for being old they don't get automatic sympathy bids anymore. As my list shows if Kobe is a frontcourt guy there may not be any room for "the rest" at all, unless somebody gets hurt. And if somebody does get hurt and there is an opening, Favors plays both ends and would have a real complaint I think.
I haven't been watching Dallas play much, but as I said I think what makes this season different from last is the expectations and how they are faring now. If Dirk is seen as the leader of an over-achieving Dallas team it could warrant some consideration from the coaches.

It'll be interesting to see if Kobe will be added to the all star team by Silver. I don't see the coaches voting him in as he has done nothing to merit it. Jordan was an all star his last year with the Wizards because his stats were still all star like.

Bricklayer

It'll be interesting to see if Kobe will be added to the all star team by Silver. I don't see the coaches voting him in as he has done nothing to merit it. Jordan was an all star his last year with the Wizards because his stats were still all star like.
Kobe has been getting voted in forever. Now with the official announcement, that will likely be a shoe in to happen again.