Why is the trade forum so silent one day before the trade deadline?

There's nothing tangible to add to what's been speculated about here for months, and it becomes more and more pointless to wildly speculate in the final hours.

Hmm...

I told myself I wasn't going to pass judgment until the trade deadline passed and I knew for sure that Petrie was completely inactive.

... because chances are slim that a trade will be done that will definitley improve the Kings (as in talent wise) quick. If any deals are made its for financial reasons. I hope I'm wrong. The Kings are only a few players away from really turning the corner. Go Kings!!!

At least trade Kenny Thomas for a bag of chips.

For all these years, he's been clogging our cap and our roster with that terrible contract given to him by Billy King. Lest we forget, Kings Fans.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Just at a certain point all the likely and/or relevant stuff has been suggested, Petrie has been mumbling about doing nothing and patience and stuff, and there have been no reliable rumors of anything much. So...just sit back and wait and see what does or does not happen. The roster is broke and unbalanced, but the guy who would have to fix that is the same guy who put the broke and unbalanced crew together, so you just don't know what he is seeing, or not seeing.

If it helps any, I watched Cleveland go with Jamison instead of Amare wiht interest.

On the other hand Miny getting Darko as thier shotblocker likely means that Jefferson and Love stay together.

Memphis's recent spiral piqued my interst in us giving them bench help for Thabeet.

Remain interested in aything Martin related that lands us a pick, a star, or good young talent.

Remina interested in any way we can liquidate Noc's contract. As does Noc probably given that he no longer can play with this insane logjam.

But none of it is in my control. So I'm just waiting to comment until after the deed is done...or not done.

Geoff HAS to move some salary otherwise we have another summer with some cap space, but only enough to take on a Hilton Armstrong level player. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I'm seriously gonna be pretty disappointed if nothing happens. I mean we have decent assets so I don't see any other reason to stand pat other than Petrie just not working as hard as he should