Who's your favorite Kings player of all time?

I'm pretty sure that this thread has been done before, but its TDOS, so lets have at it.

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to narrow it down to just one player. There are so many players from the past that I loved, from The Rock, L Train, Tizzy, Spud, Sarunas or even more recent players like Vlade, CWebb, JWill, and Peja. I think if I had to pick one that it would have to be The Rock. I started watching the NBA I think the year before Mitch came here and once he got here, he instantly became my favorite player. Mitch held the title of my favorite player for a good 8 years or so, longer than any other Kings player, so I think he is my favorite by default. It's hard to choose against Vlade though, the biggest free agent acquisition we've ever had and such a great guy. There is no question that the Vlade era Kings were the best Kings ever and one of the most exciting teams in the whole NBA.

What about you guys (and girls :p)?

My favorite from purely a fun perspective is J-Will. However my favorite/the best is Webber.

Yet, growing up as a small child I was a Mitch Richmond fan instead of Jordan like all my other friends, lol

I don't have a favorite, I like many of them:) I liked all the players you mentioned. Some other favorites - Doug Christie - Bobby Jackson - Scot Pollard - Brian Grant.

KB

Peja might always remain #1 for me. I love sweet shooting players. Hopefully McLemore jumps up my list. Mike Bibby and Doug Christie round out my top 3. I started watching in 2002 (I was 12) so I don't remember any of the other previous players. Mike Bibby was one of my favorites because of his clutch shooting and Christie for his heart!

I still wonder what the team would have looked like if Bobby Hurley never got into that car accident. Would he have developed into a star and helped turn the team around? Sadly, we'll never know. :(

Chris Webber. Had it all in his prime. PF who could dribble, pass, shoot, power dunk, good post game, amazing hands, Great basketball IQ. I don't think we've seen a player like him ever in the NBA. Too bad he had maturity issues early in his career,and injuries that cut his prime short. In his prime he was legit in the conversation with Duncan and Garnett for best PF in the game.

Chris Webber. Had it all in his prime. PF who could dribble, pass, shoot, power dunk, good post game, amazing hands, Great basketball IQ. I don't think we've seen a player like him ever in the NBA. Too bad he had maturity issues early in his career,and injuries that cut his prime short. In his prime he was legit in the conversation with Duncan and Garnett for best PF in the game.
I agree, he was SO talented. In an MMA forum I frequent there was an NBA discussion that someone started and it was about who has been a better NBA player CWebb or Dwight Howard. Most people think Howard, but I think they are so wrong. Howard is talented for sure, but he is nowhere near the all around player that CWebb was. It's kind of an odd comparison being that they play different positions, but still, I think CWebb was way more talented than Howard has shown himself to be. I don't feel like that is a homer statement either.

Growing up I like Mitch Richmond.

But being a 3-point shooter myself, I always have a soft spot for someone like Peja. But then again the point guard in me absolutely LOOOOVED what J-Will was able to do.

And of course, who can forget that extremely talented C-Webb.

Though he wasn't a star I just really liked Doug Christie.

Webber hands down has been the most successfully dominant Sacramento King...and hopefully DMC will be able to surpass him.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Will name 3.
Mitch - gave us hope. When I was in college living in Boston he was good enough to get the Kings occasional national attention. Helped us to playoffs for first time since the first Sacramento season.

Webber - Best player we've had. That is all.

Bibby - Partially for his tenure with the Kings and partially because I am a longtime UA Wildcats fan. I remember thinking we'd draft Sean Elliott with the top draft pick in that mediocre draft where we selected Pervis. Naturally I was thrilled to finally have one of my top Cats on the Kings.

Will name 3.
Mitch - gave us hope. When I was in college living in Boston he was good enough to get the Kings occasional national attention. Helped us to playoffs for first time since the first Sacramento season.

Webber - Best player we've had. That is all.

Bibby - Partially for his tenure with the Kings and partially because I am a longtime UA Wildcats fan. I remember thinking we'd draft Sean Elliott with the top draft pick in that mediocre draft where we selected Pervis. Naturally I was thrilled to finally have one of my top Cats on the Kings.
I still hate Seattle from that 95-96 playoff series. I remember getting my Sacramento Reign poster in the SacBee and going to the arena for one of the playoff games, but we couldn't afford tickets so we just tailgated and watched the game on a TV in the parking lot lol. The Seattle relocation thing just took the Seattle hate to a new level.

I didn't include Bibby purely based off personal experiences that I had with him, but he was still a great Kings player. Did anyone hear Bibby on Grant's show recently? He said that he still thinks about the Lakers series in 2002, every single day.

My numero 1 gots to be Mike Bibby. He was so dang clutch...2002 western conference finals, game 5......anyone????
Numero 2 is Peja. One of the best, if not the best, pure shooters the Kings have ever had.
Numero 3 is Bobby Jackson. Instant energy off the bench, best 6th man we coulda asked for...
Numero 4 is Doug Christie. Beast on defense. Nuff said.
Numero 5 is Vlade. A true leader.
Numero 6 is Mitch Richmond. A really really good player on some really really bad teams.
Numero 7 is Chris Webber. Go ahead, ask for my head for having him last on my list....

gunks

Hall of Famer
Webber. Best King we've ever had.

I loved all those "Golden Era" guys though. Vlade, B-Jax, Christie, Peja....Kind of sad my memories of those days are fading. But there's always youtube for classic games!

Webber, Vlade, Peja in that order. first it was just Peja, as I was completely obsessed with 3 point shooting (still am, to a degree, I suppose), but I started appreciating what Chris brought to the table very quickly. Vlade is just simply the man. love that guy, especially after that ESPN documentary.

Peja! I idolized the way he shot the ball as a kid and pretty much perfected his form. Scored a lot of points with that shot in highschool ball. Vlade was my second.