Who's going to breakout in 07-08?

Which Kings player is due for a breakout season?

• Total voters

gunks

Hall of Famer
Last year it was Kevin Martin, so which one of the team's other youngsters do you guys think is going to have a breakout year?

I'm gonna go with Cisco...He's shown flashes his rookie season and last season...So in his third season he's DUE!

Last year it was Kevin Martin, so which one of the team's other youngsters do you guys think is going to have a breakout year?

I'm gonna go with Cisco...He's shown flashes his rookie season and last season...So in his third season he's DUE!

even though i like gracia, i would like q.b. to have a break out season not likely if mike stays but, im hoping for a consideration for the six-man award for douby but highly higly unlikely, if q.nb. averages 8.8 pts a game off the bench i would be extremly happy.

I personally think it's Douby. He's got a history of riding the pine and then breaking out the next year (In HS and College, at least). I know it's not the NBA, but close enough.

It's not exactly a breakout if you look at his stats for the last games of 06-07, but I pray to all heavens that JWill^2 averages something like that, flirting with double double and 2+ blocks for the entire upcoming season. Given that he's far and away our best rebounder (even more so if we discard Artest - which I hope Petrie will do before the start of the season) there's no way he doesn't get ages of PT with our pitiful frontline growing older and more pitiful by the hour.

If I could pick two guys, the next will of course be Cisco. Indeed I hope for them both. Well, Douby and Price too, but those two will have Bibby in front of them in the lineup while big J has... KT and SAR. If they can even be considered to be in front of him anymore.

I guess I don't even have to say that if by some anti-miracle Justin Williams isn't resigned, I'm going on a shooting spree.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
It's not exactly a breakout if you look at his stats for the last games of 06-07, but I pray to all heavens that JWill^2 averages something like that, flirting with double double and 2+ blocks for the entire upcoming season. Given that he's far and away our best rebounder (even more so if we discard Artest - which I hope Petrie will do before the start of the season) there's no way he doesn't get ages of PT with our pitiful frontline growing older and more pitiful by the hour.

If I could pick two guys, the next will of course be Cisco. Indeed I hope for them both. Well, Douby and Price too, but those two will have Bibby in front of them in the lineup while big J has... KT and SAR. If they can even be considered to be in front of him anymore.

I guess I don't even have to say that if by some anti-miracle Justin Williams isn't resigned, I'm going on a shooting spree.
Not only do I think I agree with you, I'm glad you're in Lithuania. ;)

It's hard to say, but I really hope Cisco breaks out more than anyone else. I also hope Ronnie has his best season as well. If we are going to run and gun then price and cisco should benefit. The sleeper is Douby if his shooting is on.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Theus likes Garcia and knows what he can do. Therefore, Garcia is going to get a lot of pt this year, and he will produce.

Douby will show a lot more than last year, especially offensively. The thing that hurts Douby is two coaches in 2 years. Of course, Martin is going to have three coaches in 3 years. These guys need some continuity.

Unless Price really makes a significant improvement this year in seeing the floor and making assists, I think he's on his last contract with the Kings.

Williams - The big questions are how much stronger is he going to be than last year and can he shoot better, especially free throws. He should be thinking this could be a career breaking year for him.

Theus likes Garcia and knows what he can do. Therefore, Garcia is going to get a lot of pt this year, and he will produce.
A very good point. If he gets any consistant playing time, he won't be as insecure as under Muss' reign and thus hopefully tone down the craziness a little (but still leaves a lot of it as it's one of the best things about Cisco).

Williams - The big questions are how much stronger is he going to be than last year and can he shoot better, especially free throws. He should be thinking this could be a career breaking year for him.
About his physical condition, given that he's already shown he works hard, I'd guess he'll improve a lot and will be much stronger in October. As for the free throws, I'm sure he'll work on them a whole lot too, but here he will have to just get over himself psychologically. Hopefully, much extended playing time and getting continually fouled will suffice for it. If not, well, at least the training will help with his jumpshot a bit.

I voted Justin Williams. How much longer can Brad Miller be a complete and utter disgrace, before he actually gets his spot taken by a younger better player. Plus Justin was a beast at the end of last year and provides us a shotblocker/rebounder we've been needing for the past decade.