Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Dallas Mavericks

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • Phoenix Suns

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 17 16.5%

• Total voters
I want Suns, I think Mavs but I just can't bring myself to vote for them so I went with Heat. They've had the easiest run so far and again will be well rested.

I'm just thinking inside my self how bad I don't want the Mavs to win. (although I just got something inside of me that they will)

I'm going for Phoenix all the way, but sadly, I think the Mavs will win it all. :mad:

I want the Heat to win, to prove those Laker fan boys that Shaq > Kobe, and the fact is he was the one carrying the Lakers to the finals.

Hate the Mavs more than i hate Shaq.

Dont want anyone in the pacific to win it, including the Suns...

I have mixed feelings of about the Heat. Hate Shaq, love D-Wade, Jason Williams is racist, Antoine Walker is underappreciated. Don't like Payton.

I like the Mavs. Like Dirk, like Terry, like Avery most of all, like Stackhouse, like Howard, even like Dampier. Like the whole team, pretty much.

That being said, I still voted the Heat to win. In any close matchup, I'd go with the side that has Shaq and Dwyane Wade. But this will be a hotly-contested playoff matchup bound for at least 6 or 7 games. And since the Mavs have home court, things get even more interesting.

this series is gonna be real interesting because you have so much experience in the Heat camp. From Shaq and his 6th finals appearance to Pat Riley making his 9th Finals appearance.

Then you've got the Mavs. The only person with ANY NBA finals experience is KVH. Avery is essentially a rookie head coach, and don't forget the Mavs are a rebuilding team. Harris is only in his 2nd year, Howard and Marquis Daniels in their 3rd years. Terry's relatively young as is Dirk. And Diop has never played this many minutes in an NBA season until now...

It seems like the Mavs have more top-to-bottom talent, while the Heat have got the experience factor not to mention the most dominating big man in NBA history.

Should be a good one!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Mavs will win this. They have major depth as far as big bodies, they could wear Shaq down. Good perimeter D, I just think this is the Mavs year.

I expect this to be a close series, and I think the Heat may even take a game from the Mavs in the first two, but I think the Mavs will have the chance to close out this series in 6 games. Dirk has been the best player thus far in the playoffs, imho, and I don't see anyone on the Heat that can stop his run from continuing.

well, even before the playoffs started, i had picked the mavs to win it all. but my eastern team was the nets as i thought they would pull a huge upset against the heat and the pistons. oh well, one out of two ain't that bad.

how heat will perform will depend on how the "shaq elbows" are called. i say he will be let wreak havoc. nevertheless, the close series will be won by the mavs. even though i hate cuban, i have got nothing against the mavs players who worked their butts off throughout the year; hats off to a great effort. as for heat, the only player i don't want to see winning any ring is payton. the rest i am okay with. as for shaq winning without kobe and kobe watching this: priceless.

twocents said:
as for shaq winning without kobe and kobe watching this: priceless.
We should remember:

-Shaq was the one that called us the "Sacramento Queens"
-Shaq was the one that called Bibby a "mother****er" after he made the US national team.
-Shaq was the one that claimed that L.A. was the real capital of California in his 2002 championship parade speech.

Why any Kings fan would like Shaq more than Kobe is beyond me.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
Because he's not as big a jerk as Mark Cuban.
Seriously, and I could be wrong, but I don't remember Cuban saying anything about the city of Sacramento or the Maloofs. He's really good friends with the Maloofs and they are essentially the same type of owner.

Why so much contempt for the man?

****Again I could be totally wrong and not remember - if he said something about the Kings or Sacramento the city (which I've heard is nice) then you've got a legit beef with him. I'd understand too if I were in your shoes.

mavsman said:
Seriously, and I could be wrong, but I don't remember Cuban saying anything about the city of Sacramento or the Maloofs. He's really good friends with the Maloofs and they are essentially the same type of owner.

Why so much contempt for the man?

****Again I could be totally wrong and not remember - if he said something about the Kings or Sacramento the city (which I've heard is nice) then you've got a legit beef with him. I'd understand too if I were in your shoes.
Ditto. I hate Shaq 300 times more than I hate Cuban. Which is to say I hate them in proportion to their relative sizes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
mavsman - I have made it abundantly clear why I hate the owner of your team. I don't expect nor do I ask anyone else to agree with me.

And it's not about saying a few things to the press, which Shaq has always done. ACTIONS speak louder than words and, as I've posted before, I have seen the way Cuban acts on OUR home court.

I do not like him. Period.

I wouldn't expect you to possibly understand.