When will Petrie and Smart be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the new ownership is here, how long do we have to wait until we start seeing personnel moves?

I am particularly looking forward to seeing replacements for Petrie and Smart.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Now that the new ownership is here, how long do we have to wait until we start seeing personnel moves?

I am particularly looking forward to seeing replacements for Petrie and Smart.
Your not going to see any personnel moves until the BOG approves the sale of the Kings to the Ranadive lead group. They can't officially do anything until they legitmately take over the team. When that happens is anyone's guess. It could happen by the end of this week, or it could be the end of the month. I'm sure they're already laying the groundwork, and talking to potential Coaches and perhaps GM's. It possible that they'll give Petrie a chance to keep his job per interview. He probably deserves a chance to make his case, if he indeed wants to continue. Who knows, he may be ready to retire. None of us know the circumstances that were involved the last few years between Petrie and the Maloof's. I'm certainly not here defending him, but simply speculating at what might happen.

Your not going to see any personnel moves until the BOG approves the sale of the Kings to the Ranadive lead group. They can't officially do anything until they legitmately take over the team. When that happens is anyone's guess. It could happen by the end of this week, or it could be the end of the month. I'm sure they're already laying the groundwork, and talking to potential Coaches and perhaps GM's. It possible that they'll give Petrie a chance to keep his job per interview. He probably deserves a chance to make his case, if he indeed wants to continue. Who knows, he may be ready to retire. None of us know the circumstances that were involved the last few years between Petrie and the Maloof's. I'm certainly not here defending him, but simply speculating at what might happen.
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

S

Shabazz916

as soon as they can get another quality coach.. someone with fire and who is no non sense with a system... anybody know if they spurs have a good assistant thats ready for hire ???

N

Nikefutbolero

Petrie's moves were a direct result of the Maloofs pinching pennies and I don't hold that against him. With money available to spend I think he could do very well.

Petrie's moves were a direct result of the Maloofs pinching pennies and I don't hold that against him. With money available to spend I think he could do very well.
I hope you're right but his last two drafts including that Salmons trade have been HORRENDOUS with IT is the lone bright spot....

I'll give him all of the credit in the world for finding IT but everything else has been an atrocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.