What Was Your Favorite Thing About?

what was your favorite thing of the 90s era?
i really do not know why but it seems interesting to see peoples thoughts about what they really liked then verses now. ;)

now what is the most annoying thing out there for you at this current time?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. Well, not really, but they do kind of flash me back to a moment in time when they come on tv.

BMX and skateboard street scenes taking off
80s revival in full effect by 1995, is that the earliest revival ever? When I started college in 1992 the 70s revival was in full swing. And the amusing swing revival.
Quentin Tarantino turning everyone into "indie film connoiseurs" and the spawn of really bad clone movies that followed that these connoiseurs ate up
Mid 90s Boston Punk scene
BU Ice hockey
Kings Basketball

Seems now like a very wussy decade. Wasn't that the Pokemon era? Here's the best i can do:

"Doom" and "Diablo."
"Seinfeld"
Chris Farley

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Uh, guys and gals, aside from grunge and flannel, ska and swing, the heyday of alternative rock, the rise of hip hop, CDs replacing cassettes, DVDs replacing VHS, the rise of the cell phone and the laptop, there was this one minor tiny unimportant little invention that changed the world: THE FREAKIN' INTERNET!

We sit here 15 years later like its always been here, and its sometimes hard to remember what it was like before it was around. But that was a complete game changer. Do you remember ordering from catalogs? Reading boxscores from the paper? Hearing about something and having to try to look it up in a book? Having to actually buy a magazine if you wanted to see a girl without any clothes on? :p Online shopping, online gaming (Counterstrike!), online bill paying, digital music, EMAIL, and this very site and all others like it -- I distinctly recall my first introduction to the orignal Mozilla browser..with pictures! Whoa! 150x150 grainy pictures, but still -- whoa!

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot ECW and then later the Monday Night Wrasslin wars, bringing up the internet reminded me because it was 1993 when I discovered usenet and got hooked to the pro-wrestling group, among a few others (mostly rec.games.video.sega and rec.games.video.nintendo, and all the next gen fanboy flamewars, whoo-boy). We had compuserve in the late 80s so I guess I forgot when I really hooked up to the internet without some lame piggy back million dollars an hour service.

I should add that on my son's birthday of all days, Comcast pulled the plug on my usenet connection ending an era for me. I guess I could pay for it through some other provider but even the still well populated redsox group took a major hit in the months leading up to Comcast pulling the plug as all the other providers did so as well.

Last edited:
Uh, guys and gals, aside from grunge and flannel, ska and swing, the heyday of alternative rock, the rise of hip hop, CDs replacing cassettes, DVDs replacing VHS, the rise of the cell phone and the laptop, there was this one minor tiny unimportant little invention that changed the world: THE FREAKIN' INTERNET!

We sit here 15 years later like its always been here, and its sometimes hard to remember what it was like before it was around. But that was a complete game changer. Do you remember ordering from catalogs? Reading boxscores from the paper? Hearing about something and having to try to look it up in a book? Having to actually buy a magazine if you wanted to see a girl without any clothes on? :p Online shopping, online gaming (Counterstrike!), online bill paying, digital music, EMAIL, and this very site and all others like it -- I distinctly recall my first introduction to the orignal Mozilla browser..with pictures! Whoa! 150x150 grainy pictures, but still -- whoa!
Hmmmm, good call.

Okay, correction:

My 90s memories are a blur of bad fashion choices, excellent music, dial-up AOL chatrooms (with per minute charges), being a trailblazer in college with a laptop (10" screen, 3" thick, heavy as hell, with a blazing 14.4K modem), and pixelated pictures of Brad Pitt that took 30 minutes to load.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hmmmm, good call.

Okay, correction:

My 90s memories are a blur of bad fashion choices, excellent music, dial-up AOL chatrooms (with per minute charges), being a trailblazer in college with a laptop (10" screen, 3" thick, heavy as hell, with a blazing 14.4K modem), and pixelated pictures of Brad Pitt that took 30 minutes to load.

Well truth is mine are mostly of basketball and tennis, Wawa ice tea, leanring the law, trudging through the snow on foot (no car), Jen and Ally and Leigh and Hana and Christina and Taryn, learning how to frag people, evenings in the library, and hot chocolate in front of a cold window looking over the city at night. But the music was good, and the internet was a marvel, so I am standing by it. ;)

uh, Guys And Gals, Aside From Grunge And Flannel, Ska And Swing, The Heyday Of Alternative Rock, The Rise Of Hip Hop, Cds Replacing Cassettes, Dvds Replacing Vhs, The Rise Of The Cell Phone And The Laptop, There Was This One Minor Tiny Unimportant Little Invention That Changed The World: The Freakin' Internet!

We Sit Here 15 Years Later Like Its Always Been Here, And Its Sometimes Hard To Remember What It Was Like Before It Was Around. But That Was A Complete Game Changer. Do You Remember Ordering From Catalogs? Reading Boxscores From The Paper? Hearing About Something And Having To Try To Look It Up In A Book? Having To Actually Buy A Magazine If You Wanted To See A Girl Without Any Clothes On? :p Online Shopping, Online Gaming (counterstrike!), Online Bill Paying, Digital Music, Email, And This Very Site And All Others Like It -- I Distinctly Recall My First Introduction To The Orignal Mozilla Browser..with Pictures! Whoa! 150x150 Grainy Pictures, But Still -- Whoa!
You Said It!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, good call.

Okay, correction:

aww BRAD PITT back in the 90s was dreamy,
:)

hes one of my favorite actors... whatever you all say,
it cant change my mind!! i think his hair in Fight Club was awesome.

i hated dial-up internet