what was the last movie you watched?

Glory Road....nice basketball story & a true story. Let the credits go by & hear some of the former players talk about the events. Pat Riely was one of players to have lost to this great team of mostly African american players.
Great music as well!

just watched The Lake House with sandra bullock and keanu reeves....cute movie but kind of confusing at some points
I got drug to this dog of amoive on a date last night. It was only confusing beceause it makes no frigging sense. Stupid romaces can be forgivable if at least the actors are good but Kenau in it it just plain sucked. And to think we could have been watching Nacho Libre! I will never understand women.:D

I got drug to this dog of amoive on a date last night. It was only confusing beceause it makes no frigging sense. Stupid romaces can be forgivable if at least the actors are good but Kenau in it it just plain sucked. And to think we could have been watching Nacho Libre! I will never understand women.:D
Careful with the broad generalizations, there. You could not pay me to sit through that film.

12 Angry Men....It has to be one of the best movies ever made.
Yeah, Sidney Lumet does magnificent job for his first feature film. The acting, photography, and script were extremely compelling, as if you were experiencing the heat and claustrophobia of the room and the frustration of these men yourself. Additonally, the issues discussed then are as relevant today, the script brilliantly transcends time. They came out with a televison version of 12 Angry Men, some 40 years later, which wasn't too bad, but it failed to capture the magic of the original. Jack Lemmon was pretty good in it though.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"Last Holiday" with Queen Latifah and LL Cool J.

Actually a nice little feel-good movie for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I watched The Hills Have Eyes remake last night. The last few 70s horror remakes have been awful but this one was alright. I like Alexandre Aja's approach and hopefully his next two are as good as this and Haute Tension.

In theaters: "The Da Vinci Code" -- it was pretty good.

On DVD: "Bride and Prejudice" -- Indian Bollywood remake of Jane Austin's book was really funny...but you have to like Indian movies!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Just got done with Syriana. I'm glad I bought it as I'll probably watch it once or twice more along with the extras. Very interesting flick, my better half refused to watch it along with me so I can't even discuss it with anyone. grr.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Not just Clooney but well acted all around. Next up is either The Devil's Rejects or Walk the Line. Not having seen the latter is a major problem come movie time in my household especially since I picked up the DVD the week it came out.

I saw Bad Santa the other day and I have to say that it's a fine piece of cinema. One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. It is so blatant and politically incorrect, I just love it. So new, so shocking and unexpected. Finally a Santa movie that I like, not those cheesy "Tim Allen" type flicks. Billy Bob Thornton IS the real Santa!
Not Oscar material I guess, but in my TOP 100 of all time for sure...

Like Santa would say: "I'm an eating, drinking, ****ting, ****ing Santa Claus."

Last edited:
Cars, Breakup and Click.

All good movies, put them in order/ranking. Click kind of went off the deep end near the end.

Cars and Breakup were really really good movies IMO.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Its late and there's nothing on tv so I've got The Aristocrats going on the other monitor. I never get tired of crass jokes.

Who is in that one VF? I think I barely remember the previews...

Movies I want to watch are Syiana and when a stranger calls. Next 2 I watch

I saw "Superman Returns"...loved it! I'm so happy that hollywood has finally gotten comic book movies right. This one took the best elements of the original "Superman" movie and went further. Spacey makes a great Lex Luthor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who is in that one VF? I think I barely remember the previews...
It's the true story of the Texas Western (now UTEP) Miners in 1965-66. I won't say anything more in case you don't know what they did...

It's not who is in it because, for the most part, it's not about the actors. It's about Coach Don Haskins and the athletes...and it gave me goosebumps.

As far as When a Stranger Calls goes, the remake was surprisingly good.

:D

Last edited: