What Type of Kings Fan Are You???

What Type of Kings Fan Are You?

• Total voters
T

thesanityannex

sono said:
I do the same thing, wearing my Bibby jersey whenever a game is on TV. I'm not supersticious :confused: ; but it always happens that they lose when I wear it, so I'd wait till the 4th quarter when they lead for good :).
Any time I put on my Stojakavic jersey during the games two things happen. 1. Girlfriend laughs and points at what a tool I am. 2. Kings start losing.

In reply to these two things. 1. Girlfriend gets sent to other room. 2. Jersey goes with her.

piksi

Hall of Famer
thesanityannex said:
In reply to these two things. 1. Girlfriend gets sent to other room. 2. Jersey goes with her.
just out of curiosity - how many girlfriends do You "use up" over a NBA season ?

T

thesanityannex

piksi said:
just out of curiosity - how many girlfriends do You "use up" over a NBA season ?
I'm on one girlfriend for three seasons now, and she's a Laker fan.

I am the type of Kings Fan that has been a Kings fan since they played in my
Hometown of Kansas City...as VF21 once said that makes me the highest tenured Original Kings Fan on this board....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
NK64 said:
I am the type of Kings Fan that has been a Kings fan since they played in my
Hometown of Kansas City...as VF21 once said that makes me the highest tenured Original Kings Fan on this board....

Well close. :)

We do have a poster on here who apparently dates back from the days of the Rochester royals and may have been following the franchise since the '50s. :)

thesanityannex said:
I'm on one girlfriend for three seasons now, and she's a Laker fan.

You're dating a Laker fan:eek:, how could you???? :D You know those mixed relationships never work lol It must be very difficult when the season starts.

On a sidenote I have a question, having never seen either what exactly is the difference between league pass and NBA tv? i'm thinking of investing nest season if my stupid cable company even offers it which they probably don't.

T

thesanityannex

loopymitch said:

You're dating a Laker fan:eek:, how could you???? :D You know those mixed relationships never work lol It must be very difficult when the season starts.
It's actually very easy considering the season the Lakers had last year ;). One of my favorite seasons to date. And of course, my girlfriend's a Shaq fan so I got to revel in the Heat's loss as well.
and to your second question, League Pass will show you every game while NBA Tv shows a lot, its not all of them.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
thesanityannex said:
It's actually very easy considering the season the Lakers had last year ;). One of my favorite seasons to date. And of course, my girlfriend's a Shaq fan so I got to revel in the Heat's loss as well.
and to your second question, League Pass will show you every game while NBA Tv shows a lot, its not all of them.
Let's see -- reveling in your gf's pain, taunting her, and shipping her out of the room so you can watch basketball.

Have you considered online dating? Because you're going to be in the market. And soon. :p

I'm a die hard kings fans who lives in socal and doesn't have cable, so i watch very few games. However, i take physical abuse for wearing my kings jersey and i follow the kings just about every game

I'm the purple haired, Kings logo tattoo wearing kind. Never miss a game, be it in person, on TV (league pass and lately Comcast) or as a last resort, the radio.

I may need a 12 step program, or so I have been told.

Kingsgurl said:
I'm the purple haired, Kings logo tattoo wearing kind. Never miss a game, be it in person, on TV (league pass and lately Comcast) or as a last resort, the radio.

I may need a 12 step program, or so I have been told.

Purple hair??? What a great idea, what do you use for the dye?

Do you not have Ribena in Atlanta Loopy?

Giving any of my kids a glass of the stuff is a guaranteed way to walk in and find a mottled effect on the carpet! :)

^^^ no and I miss it. That stuff is good. I don't think it would do much for the hair though. They really should sell it here along with some other foods but I'll send you a pm about that.

Bricklayer said:
Well close. :)

We do have a poster on here who apparently dates back from the days of the Rochester royals and may have been following the franchise since the '50s. :)
I believe Roch Royals Fan is actually just someone who lives in Rochester but is too young to have seen the Royals play there, so NK64 might just be it. :)

uolj said:
How about:

• I've been a Kings fan for many years and I'll always be one.
  • I would go to or watch every game if I had the time and money.
  • I'm from Sacramento, so I root for my hometown team.
I would pick those.

yup, those are the only ones that really fit me. the tv one does kind of, but it has a negative tone that i just dont like.

wow, interesting thread. I marked "watch every game on league pass" although I actually watch on other channels, and "love the style of play, which led me to be a Kings fan". Although I've been a Kings fan since they moved to Sac, they way they played basketball made me love not just the team, but the sport, more than I would have believed possible. That turned me from a "watch games occasionally" type fan into the fan I am today.

Really, when I think of the type of Kings fan I am I'd have to say one that's extremely emotional. I've cried harder during the last few Kings seasons (between horrible game 7 losses and shocking trades) than I did over most of my ex-boyfriends, and after a big win I am happy for days (or at least until the next game).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
loopymitch said:
On a sidenote I have a question, having never seen either what exactly is the difference between league pass and NBA tv? i'm thinking of investing nest season if my stupid cable company even offers it which they probably don't.
Reader's Digest version:

NBA-TV is a single channel that shows one game at a time. You can generally get it free with your League Pass purchase.

League Pass costs about $189. For that you get nearly every game played by every team. If you're a true NBA junkie and can afford it, it's definitely the way to go.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The only real negative to League Pass is the lack of a replay option, seeing as how there are often six or more games playing simultaneously. If there were some sort of "On Demand" option where you could replay the games within a 24-hour period, that would make League Pass the single greatest thing in the history of television.

T

thesanityannex

Bricklayer said:
Let's see -- reveling in your gf's pain, taunting her, and shipping her out of the room so you can watch basketball.

Have you considered online dating? Because you're going to be in the market. And soon. :p
Don't think I'll be in the market soon.:) I put up with her Laker **** for three years when they were winning. So, she can put up with one season of trash from me. Give and Take Relationship.

T

thesanityannex

loopymitch said:
OK VF, thanks that helps. $189 is not bad to see all the Kings games but I guess you have to have digital cable, right or a dish?
Yeah, digital cable or a dish will work.

I wish they had some sort of way to watch the games and turn the announcers off. I've developed a technique that works somewhat. The trick is to find the right setting on the surround sound that lowers the voices of the announcers and lets you hear more of the on court action and the crowd.

thesanityannex said:
Don't think I'll be in the market soon.:) I put up with her Laker **** for three years when they were winning. So, she can put up with one season of trash from me. Give and Take Relationship.
What a guy..what a guy. :D

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just noticed your sig:

They love the taste of blood, I don't know what that means, but I know that I mean it.

Atmosphere finally made a good record - yeah right . . .

And this house has gotta lotta walls, but only very few mean anything to you

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
I became a fan in 1989 and a season ticket holder 1991-97 then in 1998 we moved to Surf City and I've watched nearly every game since on Direct TV. So my fan base is from when they were "really" bad. In those days the draft really meant something. I remember the boos and cat calls the day Petrie drafted Pedja and many folks there want the Kings to draft John Wallace from Syracuse.

So I am a serious fan who likes the nuances of the game, the tactics, watching away from the ball at the banging and pulling and shoving.

T

thesanityannex

funkykingston said:
Just noticed your sig:

They love the taste of blood, I don't know what that means, but I know that I mean it.

Atmosphere finally made a good record - yeah right . . .

And this house has gotta lotta walls, but only very few mean anything to you
They love the taste of blood, I don't know what the means, but I know that I mean it. Maybe they're as evil as they seem, or maybe I only look out the window when it's scenic. Atmosphere finally made a good record. Yeah right, that **** almost sounds convincing. That last time I felt as sick and contradicted as this was the last time we played a show in Cinci. "Get real they tell me, if only they knew how real this life really gets, they would stop acting like a silly *****, they would respect the ****, whether or not they believed in it.

I've seen Atmosphere a few times here in Hollywood and they put on an unreal show. Props for picking up on it Kingston.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a few passions, but hoops and music top the list.

Of course, now I'm listening to "Seven's Travels" as I type this. I think I've pretty much ran the musical gamut today while trying to get some work done.