What are you reading right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
loopymitch said:
J.D.Robb-Origin in Death (thanks for the recommendation bl). I'm about half way through and definitely enjoying it.
Anytime:), I finished her latest one a couple of months ago. I'm now reading The Yarn Shop by Debbie Macomber.

Evenstar said:
everything bad is good for you
I read that book, I thought it was pretty interesting.

Has anyone read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven"? A friend of mine was talking about the book and I am wondering if it is any good?

Last edited:
I read "Rum Punch" by Elmore Leonard on the plane yesterday. Other than that, I've been in a major reading drought lately. It was the first time in months that I've been able to settle down and focus long enough to read a book.

KevinMartinsGirl23 said:
Has anyone read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven"? A friend of mine was talking about the book and I am wondering if it is any good?
I liked it. It's really short, but I liked the story. My sister didn't like it though, but you should try it if you want. It's not too long and it's easy to understand. There was a tv movie adapted from the book, but I didn't watch it though.

I'm currently reading "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" - Gregory Maguire. I love different takes on old fairy tale stories that I grew up with.

I just finished my girlfriend's second book, CONSIDER LILY, which just came out a few weeks ago. It's available in most bookstores (should be in Borders and Barnes and Noble) and on Amazon.com. It's about a young Christian woman whose parents own a high fashion department store -- Lily's an ugly duckling and she agrees to get a life makeover. It's funny and an easy summer read. Check it out! (My girlfriend's pen name is May Vanderbilt)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Just finished "The Book of the Dead" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (novel).

These guys have become one of my favorites since I read "Relic" before the movie came out in 1997. A few of their other early books were a bit hit-and-miss (I should re-read them based on what I know now to see if I still have this opinion), but from "Cabinet of Curiousities" on they have been very solid.

Haven't read the curious incident, but hear it's great.
Prayer for Owen Meany is excellent.

My girlfriend recommended The Memory of Running. I don't know who it's by, but it's apparently getting wonderful praise, so that's next on my list.

Choke is very good as well, but I know what you mean about too much Palahniuk
This is funny, I just started reading the curious incident... two days ago and when I opened this thread Isaw that it had been a year already since I posted the above quote. I also read The Memory of Running, and it is easily one of the best books I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.