what are YOU looking for in peja tonight?

PejaFor3 said:
yeah, that'll be the day you'll see Bibby on the bench smoking a blunt with Adelman asking him to "pass that shh"
:D
In bizarro world this could happen. Though in my version Adelman is hogging it and Bibby has to tell him to quit bogarting it.

I've been pretty disappointed with his performance so far. However, I would like Peja to drive to the basket more and be more aggressive. But will I see it? Probably not. Sorry, don't have a lot of confidence in him anymore.

F

Fillmoe

im not a Peja basher but in all honesty what good is a player if he cant perform in the playoffs?

I wish Peja would say, "I'm better than this. I am a superstar. Give me the ball and let them try to stop me." Then I wish he would go out, score 35, and instill some fear in the opposition.

But the best I expect is for him to hit his open shots, come up with half a dozen rebounds, and make Lewis' cold streak continue.
~~

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm looking for a bounceback game. Before this series started + looking at who was going to be guarding him, I thought he had a chance to have a nice scoring series. Maybe 23ppg or so (just a guess). I have been arguing in recent years that the problem with him vs. the great defenders in the playoffs was not him choking so much as him just not being able to beat the lockdown guys. But this performance so far has raised new questions for me. So I'm looking for him to have a good offensive game, 20-25pts maybe. He's at home, he's got a lot to prove, we'd probably like to get him going. Just give us a game Peja.

20+ points (and it has to be efficient in order to keep Sonics honest), 5+ rebounds (we need all the help that we can get there), disciplined D (just like last game) and overall better recognition of Sonics defense. ANd stop holding the ball for so long - you're a spot-up shooter! I'd rather see him take a bad shot then hold or dribble the ball until every teammate has been covered and all routes to the hoop have been clogged. I understand that he hasn't had many touches to go on, but still...

I want him to prove me wrong and show that he DOES have it in him to be a play off star. I KNOW he is a regular season star. One not-so-good season cannot change that. However, he needs to step up and show us all that he not only can be the focus of our team but also WANTS to be the focal point.

Alacron said:
I wish Peja would say, "I'm better than this. I am a superstar. Give me the ball and let them try to stop me." Then I wish he would go out, score 35, and instill some fear in the opposition.

But the best I expect is for him to hit his open shots, come up with half a dozen rebounds, and make Lewis' cold streak continue.
~~
I think one of his biggest problems is that he is'nt consistent. I think his personality is the reason. If he had a little more "Cuttino Mobley" or "Mike Bibby" in him he would be a star.

After Mike had a bad game game 1 he came out and said "I'm better than this. I am a superstar. Give me the ball and let them try to stop me." Well not exactly like that but he said practicing more, working harder, and KNOWING (assured us) that he'll have a better game come game 2.

I don't think that Peja would be the kind of person to say that.

Nothing against Peja ,he is my favorite player, but I'm just saying that he doesn't have "it" in him to say that.

We know Paja isnt on the floor to create his own shot or work a position for the others. He's a natural shooter and tonight i think he will deliver in excess of 20 points.

What I am looking for is for Kings fans to hold of on making snide remarks about any of our players (at least until we are out of competition), but I guess that is as likely to happen as us winning it all or Peja showing up in the playoffs.

vj9999 said:
What I am looking for is for Kings fans to hold of on making snide remarks about any of our players (at least until we are out of competition), but I guess that is as likely to happen as us winning it all or Peja showing up in the playoffs.
snide remark?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I could always tell a G3 post right away because of the Angelina Jolie avatars. I don't always recognize the new one and have to sometimes check again to make sure who the poster was...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
I could always tell a G3 post right away because of the Angelina Jolie avatars. I don't always recognize the new one and have to sometimes check again to make sure who the poster was...
The sass should give it away every time. ;)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, but you actually have to read the post to determine the "sass." I confess to sometimes simply scrolling through threads if I've been off the board for a while, stopping first to read the posts of those I respect, which of course includes everything YOU'VE ever posted to the board, dear Brickie.

I'm hoping they run a play or two for him right out of the gate, like they did for Mike in Game 2. It helped Mike get into a bit of rhythm.

When I was watching the Suns game, I saw the back of Posey's Jersey. I remembered the game where Peja scored 41 (posey's number). Posey knocked him down. After the game, Peja said, maybe Posey will remember that I scored my career high on him, since it is his number! I want that kind of attitude from him tonight. I am expecting BIG things from him and the rest of the team from buzzer to buzzer!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!