What about this...

Trade KMart and some other pick (not the #4) for the #2 pick. Get Rubio with the #2 and use the #4 for a KMart replacement since there are a few scorers out there. Worse case, get Thabeet and Rubio in the process.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Worse case, get Thabeet and Rubio in the process.
That's the best case, not the worst. But the wrong team has the #2 pick -- Memphis already has Gay and Mayo at the SG/SF and no real use for Kevin. Just did not work out for us in any way. If OKC had the #2, they might bite since they need an OG. But what Memphis needs is a PF, and not only is Jason unlikely to nabe a #2 pick, but if you did swap Jason for the #2 you open up one hole just to close another.

I really don't get why so many Kings fans have hopped on the RR bandwagon big time. And how would Sac get the #2? The Grizz have OJ Mayo at SG, Conley at point, and Rudy at 3/2 spot. They won't want Martin.

Last edited:
I really don't get why so many Kings fans have hopped on the RR bandwagon big time.
That makes two of us.

I just don't really see possibilities for trading up or even good reasons to do so, particularly in this draft when even the top picks have so many question marks.

There well be an opportunity to trade down if some GM falls in love with James Harden or something like that, but I really think it's time to either just take what's there at #4 or look to trade down or out.

I'd be on board for that, it's just a question of actually convincing Memphis who has OJ Mayo they actually need him there... I think our best hope is for them to decide they need Thabeet at Center more (size is something they do need) and OKC needs Harden for Rubio to slip to us.

Memphis
Rubio

trade for

Kings
Brandon Jennings
31st

THERE YOU GO!

a point guard substitution

plus they get our 31st pick which we waste

That's the best case, not the worst. But the wrong team has the #2 pick -- Memphis already has Gay and Mayo at the SG/SF and no real use for Kevin. Just did not work out for us in any way. If OKC had the #2, they might bite since they need an OG. But what Memphis needs is a PF, and not only is Jason unlikely to nabe a #2 pick, but if you did swap Jason for the #2 you open up one hole just to close another.
If Petrie can do something like:

Memphis trades #2 pick to OKC for #3 pick

OKC gets rubio with #2 pick then trades with Kings for KMart

Memphis gets #3 pick and gets whoever they want (Thabeet maybe) and something from the Kings for them to do this in the first place maybe another draft pick or cash or something.

So Kings get the #2 pick (rubio) and the #4 pick.

If Petrie can do something like:

Memphis trades #2 pick to OKC for #3 pick

OKC gets rubio with #2 pick then trades with Kings for KMart

Memphis gets #3 pick and gets whoever they want (Thabeet maybe) and something from the Kings for them to do this in the first place maybe another draft pick or cash or something.

So Kings get the #2 pick (rubio) and the #4 pick.
So.... KMart for Rubio essentially?

One emoticon for you:

:rolleyes: