What about Bogut?

I'm still interested in Iguodala and AK47, but I'm far more interested in Asik or Bogut. Getting one of those two would do wonders for this team. A real big man with a defensive focus. You add either of them to this roster and we become a threat. A real one.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'm still interested in Iguodala and AK47, but I'm far more interested in Asik or Bogut. Getting one of those two would do wonders for this team. A real big man with a defensive focus. You add either of them to this roster and we become a threat. A real one.
Bogut at 13 mil would greatly reduce chances of signing a legt SF. unless we amnesty salmons.. still wouldn't be enough to sign iggy or AK. Unless GS wants to do some sort of threeway where we ship off a contract or 2 of our own. Bogut for hayes and jimmer and they go elsewhere would free up another 7 mil or so. thats it amnesty salmons do a 3way of some sort with GS for Bogut leaving us about 14 mil under the cap sign Iggy.

Vasquez/IT/mccallum
Maclemore/Thornton
Iggy/Outlaw
Bogut/jt/ppat
Cousins/JT

sign some project rookie SF from summer league for backup.

Entity

Hall of Famer
why would you guys want to pay Bogut. how about instead lets give money to a guy who can play more than Half the season
if we could swing a hayes and jimmer for bogut i might do it. Dallas would be good 3rd party. they have like 4 ppl on contract right now and will need fillers such as these 2. same with atlanta.

Bogut is a gamble worth taking if you are the Kings. And I have no problem going for a 3rd tier SF if Bogut is our guy. Bogut and Corey Brewer would be a decent haul for us now. Of course, we'd have to dump a bit more salary to do so.

Entity

Hall of Famer
2nd thought. Id tell GS look if you really want Howard Bogut and his 13 mil has to go. We will only do it if we get Barnes. for that we would do it without giving anything back. we would have to amnesty salmons to do it though unless like a said another team takes Hayes + small filler. just hayes or just jimmer might work.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Right now GS wants their cake and eat it to. They want to get rid of Bogut and get nothing in return but don't want to give up on of the other top 3 they have. I say they have to give up 1. maybe Vivek and Malone have some pull and could make it happen across the bay. How many of us would be happy with a -Tyreke +Bogut, Vasquez, Barnes offseason?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Right now GS wants their cake and eat it to. They want to get rid of Bogut and get nothing in return but don't want to give up on of the other top 3 they have. I say they have to give up 1. maybe Vivek and Malone have some pull and could make it happen across the bay. How many of us would be happy with a -Tyreke +Bogut, Vasquez, Barnes offseason?
Okay.

if we could swing a hayes and jimmer for bogut i might do it. Dallas would be good 3rd party. they have like 4 ppl on contract right now and will need fillers such as these 2. same with atlanta.
yea id love to get rid of Hayes/Jimmer/Outlaw.

also, how will Bogut and DMC play together? one of them would have to play the floor and chase around stretch 4s like Chris Bosh and Dirk for example

Entity

Hall of Famer
yea id love to get rid of Hayes/Jimmer/Outlaw.

also, how will Bogut and DMC play together? one of them would have to play the floor and chase around stretch 4s like Chris Bosh and Dirk for example
I wouldn't give a crap if we got barnes. thats what JT and Ppat are for.

Entity

Hall of Famer
lol am i rambling? sorry late here just got excited for a bit. forgot about the vivek malone GS connection. the want to ship bogut for nothing. he is not the haul. maybe some sweet talking to do a Barnes jimmer swap. in there. bogut 13 mil expiring would be nice going into next offseason.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I wouldn't give a crap if we got barnes. thats what JT and Ppat are for.
I wonder a lot about Barnes.

Is he the invisible inconsistent medicority of the regular season? Or is the impact guy of the playoffs? Kind of an important question if you are thinking of picking him up, because he could easily make it 6 years in a row without a competent SF if he's the .439 shooting 9ppg scorer.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I wonder a lot about Barne

Is he the invisible inconsistent medicority of the regular season? Or is the impact guy of the playoffs? Kind of an important question if you are thinking of picking him up, because he could easily make it 6 years in a row without a competent SF if he's the .439 shooting 9ppg scorer.
if its him or Salmons and no other SF in play for us. i'd damn sure like to find out on a rookie contract.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
who ever is doing the splits here are falling victim to late night ramblings.
I did them. One split for the Bogut discussion and one for a new discussion about what Vasquez can or cannot bring to the table. The original thread was really starting to ramble. This way, we have two valid discussions going and the Evans stuff can be put to rest.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I did them. One split for the Bogut discussion and one for a new discussion about what Vasquez can or cannot bring to the table. The original thread was really starting to ramble. This way, we have two valid discussions going and the Evans stuff can be put to rest.
tomorrow may bring forth another 2 or 3 30 page threads lol. this regime sure is keeping us on our toes thats for sure. can't go to sleep. wake up and find out your just did a 3 team trade lol.

I'd love Bogut on the Kings. for all those clamouring about an infusion of basketball IQ, he's the guy you're looking for, whilst also being a darn good defender. yeah, he comes with question marks concerning his health, but so what? it's a one year commitment and it's not as if GS would want anything for him in return. absorb that salary, let him teach boogie defense and if he can't play, let him go next offseason, I don't see much downside (then again, I don't really care for any of the high-priced SFs that could be gotten with our new salary flexibility).

Bricklayer

I'd love Bogut on the Kings. for all those clamouring about an infusion of basketball IQ, he's the guy you're looking for, whilst also being a darn good defender. yeah, he comes with question marks concerning his health, but so what? it's a one year commitment and it's not as if GS would want anything for him in return. absorb that salary, let him teach boogie defense and if he can't play, let him go next offseason, I don't see much downside (then again, I don't really care for any of the high-priced SFs that could be gotten with our new salary flexibility).
Given that Bogut has played in 32 and 12 games the last two seasons, and last year got paid $13mil for 5.8pts 7.7reb...yeah. I'd say there are just a few health concerns. :)

Given that Bogut has played in 32 and 12 games the last two seasons, and last year got paid $13mil for 5.8pts 7.7reb...yeah. I'd say there are just a few health concerns. :)
sure, but again, we wouldn't be giving up anything (more likely that we could steal a pick, too) and it's only a year. I'd rather have him and Wright/Barnes than Granger and, let's say, Cole. or just Granger and no additional frontcourt help.

Now that we have let Tyreke go, blow it up and rebuild around Cousins and maybe Mclemore (depends on what he shows) and preserve cap space for next season. Hopefully strike it big in the draft, sign a couple of very good free agents with the cap space and off we go! As of right now, we on the hook for about $24 million next year. Re-sign Cousins and that is around $40 million which would give us about $20 million to play with. Move some of our bad contract for expirings and picks and we could turn in around as early as the season after next!

Bricklayer

Now that we have let Tyreke go, blow it up and rebuild around Cousins and maybe Mclemore (depends on what he shows) and preserve cap space for next season. Hopefully strike it big in the draft, sign a couple of very good free agents with the cap space and off we go! As of right now, we on the hook for about $24 million next year. Re-sign Cousins and that is around $40 million which would give us about $20 million to play with. Move some of our bad contract for expirings and picks and we could turn in around as early as the season after next!
The Sacramento Kings can't though. That's a big market strategy, but it fails for the Kings because after blowing it up, having another stinky season, which might very well endanger Cousins mindset as his power agent takes him into free agency, Sacramento is just not going to be able to sign very good free agents. And if you did get one, you would have to overpay him so severely people would be wishing they had Reke at $11mil.

There is a strike while the iron and fan interest is hot element to this too. They are off to a ****ty start with that, but the premise stands. Vivek and co aren't working on blank slate. They are working off of 7 straight years of losing, and as much as they are the new organization, they are the old, and they have the old fans. All those people signing up for season tickets aren't going to want to sit through another year of crap.