Webber back?

While I'd love to have Webb back, I don't think it's going to happen, especially not until his current deal is up. We traded him because that contract is just so huge, and even though that deal was terrible for us, it would look bad if we just did the deal back again. The other side of this is, with Webb's contract coming up soon, it's a massive expiring contract. The Sixers could get a lot more for him then our spare parts.

If, after his contract is up, Webber would except the MLE to play the role of a veteran backup to our Athletic, Young, Defensively minded front court who has yet to be named, then I would fully support/endorse that. Webber is one of my all time favorite players, mostly for what he did to this franchise. Unfortunately, this team rewarded him by, in the ultimate gesture of lack of trust, sending him to a horrible Eastern Conference team, and pairing him with one of the most selfish players in the league. I don't think his pride would let him come back, especially not to come of the bench.

A

AriesMar27

if we traded reef instead of vitaly and had a 3rd team to take thomas im sure that philly would do it....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You can't go home again ... and you can't rebuild something that's been torn down.

The team that existed - that Webber was an integral part of - is gone forever. Bringing him back now would not accomplish a thing.

If this was supposed to be a humorous thread, I guess I don't have much of a sense of humor over things like this.

Webber was a big part of what put the Kings on the map. I will ALWAYS respect him and the rest of that group of players for letting me experience the ride. But it's really time to move on...

We have a new team now, with a new coach and new dreams. The Kings are dead; long live the KINGS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think Webber would return to Sacramento at this point in his career. If anything, the next time we see him (except in a 76ers uniform) will be at a ceremony honoring him or Vlade... and, actually, I think that's the way it should be.

Last edited: