We need to trade Cousins, but have to wait for his value to improve...

18/16/6 in 34 minutes against the Cavs. Im not comprehending how any realistic trade scenario involving Cousins could possibly benefit the Kings. Why does this thread even exist?
If he has asked out, then its a good time to trade him... which might be why he's playing better since coming back.

If he has asked out, then its a good time to trade him... which might be why he's playing better since coming back.
Yeah, i dont buy it. Sounds like a rumor that was started on this site. W/o any legitimate source for this rumor id say its pretty irresponsible to be throwing around ideas like this, especially if youre a fan of the kings.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Yeah, i dont buy it. Sounds like a rumor that was started on this site. W/o any legitimate source for this rumor id say its pretty irresponsible to be throwing around ideas like this, especially if youre a fan of the kings.
I have heard it nowhere but here. Now there have been rumors of Cousins trades but that's natural. Teams are going bargain hunting.

Maybe 'asked' is too strong. Based off the Kentucky radio program, Cousins is 'hoping to be traded.' hoopshype link Take that for what its worth, which is probably not much.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With a website like this, and the tagline "University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.", how could the college student who started this rumor on a small sports talk "radio" station NOT be taken seriously?

Maybe 'asked' is too strong. Based off the Kentucky radio program, Cousins is 'hoping to be traded.' hoopshype link Take that for what its worth, which is probably not much.
IMO, one can only think that Cousins is really hoping to be traded after all the drama that went on and especially after signing with his new agent. It is so naive for anyone to believe otherwise.

Actually, the same goes with Tyreke Evans who's development the Kings is also messing.

This is what happens to a franchise with owners completely misguided with a very incompetent GM.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
IMO, one can only think that Cousins is really hoping to be traded after all the drama that went on and especially after signing with his new agent. It is so naive for anyone to believe otherwise.

Actually, the same goes with Tyreke Evans who's development the Kings is also messing.

This is what happens to a franchise with owners completely misguided with a very incompetent GM.
Now this is a mess. They try him at SF and misuse him his first year to generate excitement and this year, who knows. He got a second opinion because he didn't trust our medical staff or his brother - my guess of course. His brother thinks he has jumper's knee. He has misinformation coming at him from all directions.

Am I wrong in thinking the Kings wanted him to get out their playing? That would be OK if he had a bruise but wrong if he had jumper's knee. I hope we hear what the 2nd opinion said. I fear his brother is confusing him. If so, I hope Reke understands this. He's too passive, unfortunately.

some made up rumour about a three team kings/lakers/celtics trade got twitter a buzz earlier.

it really is funny to see the celtics fans talking about it.

"lee and and bass for cousins" Is their favourite! :rolleyes:

some made up rumour about a three team kings/lakers/celtics trade got twitter a buzz earlier.

it really is funny to see the celtics fans talking about it.

"lee and and bass for cousins" Is their favourite! :rolleyes:

lol i know right. They keep saying stuff like, "as long as we don't give up sullinger I'll be happy"

This isn't really a solid rumour but it came from "asherodCSN" on twitter that the Celtics are positioning for a big trade, and want Cousins bad.

They've waived 2 players today to open roster spots.

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/288081782342041601

link to this guy.
Lots of teams waived players today. After today if they are on the roster the contracts become guaranteed the rest of the year. Them being waived had nothing to do with a trade.

here is what someone posted on another board. Probably just something he thought up and reported it as if it was "breaking news" He wrote it yesterday.

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics.Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer"

L

LWP777

here is what someone posted on another board. Probably just something he thought up and reported it as if it was "breaking news" He wrote it yesterday.

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics.Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer"
Nice. Why don't we just trade franchises with the Celtics?

more rumors. if this ends up happening i swear to god im done with this franchise.

NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston
Sources say Danny Ainge dangling Green, Terry, Sullinger and Lee in an effort to land Cousins and Garcia

Sources close to http://nbaonnbc.com confirm that Danny Ainge is working to complete a deal to bring Cousins to Boston, tonight.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave

“@sam_amick: DeMarcus Cousins is not going to the Celtics. Teams continue to be told that he's not available. That is all.” BOOMSHAKALAKA

more rumors. if this ends up happening i swear to god im done with this franchise.

Sources say Danny Ainge dangling Green, Terry, Sullinger and Lee in an effort to land Cousins and Garcia

Sources close to http://nbaonnbc.com confirm that Danny Ainge is working to complete a deal to bring Cousins to Boston, tonight.
I will be joining you if the Kings don't, at the very least, get Rondo, a pick, and a young player. That is pathetic for Cousins and Garcia. Our best player and cap room for an old vet, unproven rookie, overrated Green, and Lee.

I'm not sure what my "last straw" is with this franchise, but I'm getting pretty close to it if this trade goes down. Watch DMC go to Boston and flourish while we sit back and shake our heads.

Ridiculous.