[Game] Washington Wizards @ Sacramento Kings, 12/18/2023, 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude12

Hall of Famer
The wife got tickets from one of her vendors and we sat baseline by Kings bench…5 rows up. Was fun. Bought a Keegan Murray jersey.

Some observations.
Fox is super fast and good. Duh.
Actually, everything you all know about our players is already known.
As for Washington….
Kuzma is a talented scorer near the paint…..really big. Makes me wonder what a coach like Mike Brown and his staff could do with him
Poole is just a goof but he can heat up. Not a fan of his overall game
Gafford is impressive
Feels like Washington should be better than their record but I don’t think they want to be….tank is on.

The game was pretty typical: Good team meets bad team; good team plays down to bad team's level for a while, playing No-D; good team rectifies themselves and wins the game.

But there were some new things in this game. I learned that Keegan and Kuzma are guards. Who knew? It took Kayte's years of playing in the women's league to make the discovery. And here's another thing I learned. After the amazing historic shooting performance of Keegan I kept ruminating and fantasizing how great Keegan could become. After all, at age 23 he did something no other King had ever done. He did something that nobody of his age in the NBA had ever done. And then Rope-a-Dope asked Kayte this question: Do you think that Keegan could aspire to one day be as good as Kyle Kuzma? Even Kayte, who previously acknowledged they both played the guard position, was a little taken aback. After a pause to regain her composure, Kayte gently countered Rope-a-Dope's suggestion of the Kuzma ceiling for Keegan Murray, saying in five years Keegan would be much better than Kuzma. Wheeeew! What a relief! Up until then I was worried about whether Keegan's ceiling would be only as high as a single story bungalow. Now, with Kayte's assurance I can wait five years to see Murray being much better than the great Kyle Kuzma.
Keegan will be better than Kuzma next year. Already is defensively.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Unfortunatelly is not looking great for my prediction :)
Are Boston that good !? :eek:
Short answer, yes!! Boston was already a top 5 team last season and they had two additional All-Stars fall into their laps in the off-season because:

(1) Washington is a complete trainwreck of a team and Kristaps Porzingis was able to negotiate his way out of there.

(2) Milwaukee will do everything possible to appease their MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo and that includes trading the best defensive guard in the league (Jrue Holiday) to Portland for his buddy Damian Lillard and accidentally sabotaging their own playoff chances when Jrue Holiday boomeranged back to the Eastern Conference in a separate deal between Portland and Boston.

Thanks to Washington and Milwaukee, Boston is now a juggernaut who will almost certainly be playing in the Finals this year barring some unforeseen injury or mid-season trade.

Well I was afraid I know the answer as well :)
Will be interesting for me to see where we stand against them tomorrow ….
Our home our fortress though , I believe we can outplay them :)

Short answer, yes!! Boston was already a top 5 team last season and they had two additional All-Stars fall into their laps in the off-season because:

(1) Washington is a complete trainwreck of a team and Kristaps Porzingis was able to negotiate his way out of there.

(2) Milwaukee will do everything possible to appease their MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo and that includes trading the best defensive guard in the league (Jrue Holiday) to Portland for his buddy Damian Lillard and accidentally sabotaging their own playoff chances when Jrue Holiday boomeranged back to the Eastern Conference in a separate deal between Portland and Boston.

Thanks to Washington and Milwaukee, Boston is now a juggernaut who will almost certainly be playing in the Finals this year barring some unforeseen injury or mid-season trade.
I was present at the game when Larry Bird missed two free throws in the final seconds to allow a Kings victory. We have a history of upsets against the beantowners!

Status
Not open for further replies.