[Game] Warriors @ Kings - 12/19/12

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From the Associated Press:

"Off to their best start in 21 years, the Warriors will try to win for the 15th time in 19 games Wednesday night against the lowly Kings."

That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

No idea what's going to happen in STA tonight. I hope we can see something/anything to keep us from just sprawling on the tracks to wait for the train to run over us.

In other news, it looks like this next series of storms might bring snow all the way down to the valley floor by the weekend. A White Christmas for Sacramento would be a rare sight indeed.

I am a Kings fan. I will keep the faith (although it may waiver at times) as I always have. It would be nice to see the players show the same kind of commitment.

GO KINGS!!!

From the Associated Press:

"Off to their best start in 21 years, the Warriors will try to win for the 15th time in 19 games Wednesday night against the lowly Kings."

That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

No idea what's going to happen in STA tonight. I hope we can see something/anything to keep us from just sprawling on the tracks to wait for the train to run over us.

In other news, it looks like this next series of storms might bring snow all the way down to the valley floor by the weekend. A White Christmas for Sacramento would be a rare sight indeed.

I am a Kings fan. I will keep the faith (although it may waiver at times) as I always have. It would be nice to see the players show the same kind of commitment.

GO KINGS!!!
I just hope there are more Kings fans than Warriors tonight.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just hope there are more Kings fans than Warriors tonight.
Ah crap. I hadn't even thought about that. All those years of us mocking Warriors fans and referring to Oracle Arena as Arco West are coming back to haunt us...

Or did you mean more Warrior players than Kings fans??? :(

Ah crap. I hadn't even thought about that. All those years of us mocking Warriors fans and referring to Oracle Arena as Arco West are coming back to haunt us...

Or did you mean more Warrior players than Kings fans??? :(
It's been bad the past couple of years with lots of warrior fans.

I think given the unthinkable success of GS and our worse than expected season, there will be more warrior fans than kings fans at the game

Predictions: Klay Thompson will score 30pts, David Lee will handle our big guys
Final Score.
GSW 109
SAC 92

Gary St. Jean and co were discussing today's matchup last nite: essentially David Lee will start at PF but will play most of the game as a C. They are worried about Lee's matchup with Cousins but hoping the young King will be wild and out of control which will allow the W to play small and they are very deadly when they go small. The W likes to go with a three-guard lineup of Jack, Curry, and Klay - all three can run the pick n roll, shoot, and dish. The Dubs don't have a lot of size up front, if Cousins can do his thing inside they will be forced to play Ezeli extended mins and every minute that Ezeli is on the floor is a minute that the Dubs can't go with their preferred three guards lineup.

The x-factor could be Jason Thompson, he's too big for anything that the Dubs can throw at him and he needs to punish the Dubs when they go small with Carl Landry or Draymond Green. Salmons typically has issue with the big SF and the Dubs two big ones in Barnes and Green. If Reke doesn't suit up, I don't see any of the Kings' guard being able to stop the Ws' backcourt, all the more important that the Kings establish the interior.

When these two teams meet, it's almost always an entertaining game; I'm expecting the same.

I am officially sending the Sacramento Kings into the back seat for one night (and hopefully only for one night), so I can watch (hopefully) some hot babes strut their stuff in Las Vegas, hoping to land at the top of the universe.....

No, seriously....Miss Universe Pageant is on, so, sorry Kings, I will have to catch the replay. Just make sure I don't change my mind before the replay begins...

K

KingMilz

I just hope Curry and Klay have off nights like the last time we played them, I can live with Lee getting his cause he will do it in a number of ways and through hustle. But if Curry gets hot we are in big trouble and the way our PG's have played defense this year he very well might go off.

I would like to see the Kings run the first couple of play through JT try pick up on some fouls on Lee who is not really known for his D.

DMC dressed up as Santa today (or maybe it was yesterday) giving gifts to needy kids at Walmart SuperStore in West Sac. Ok, Santa along with your elfs - bring all of us a gift tonight with a WIN!

Let's end this 5 game losing skid right here and now.... GO KINGS!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, based on nothing more than the volume of cheers after the first respective basket for each team, it appears as though there are about an equal number of Warrior and Kings fans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The idea that things have gotten so bad that Kings fans are outnumbered by Warriors fans is just another reason why I cannot and will not ever forgive the Maloofs. Our guys should NEVER hear boos and catcalls when they're at the free throw line on our home court.

I like what I'm seeing on the court so far, but I'm already nervous about the first round of substitutions.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know I'm probably being overly-critical and watching DMC way too closely but he just took about 8 steps. How can he possibly look amazed/stunned/whatever that he got called for the travel?