Vlade 2nd meeting with ex-Nets Assnt GM

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Seems Vlade will have second meeting shortly with ex-Nets Assnt GM Bobby Marks, a salary cap guru and 20- yr vet with nets in many FO capacities. This according to Sportnado this morning. Seems a good guy to fill big hole in Kings FO.

He is from the same Brooklyn Nets team that gave Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Gerald Wallace those ridiculous contracts, how good can this salary cap guru be? :eek:

Seems Vlade will have second meeting shortly with ex-Nets Assnt GM Bobby Marks, a salary cap guru and 20- yr vet with nets in many FO capacities. This according to Sportnado this morning. Seems a good guy to fill big hole in Kings FO.
I just want to say that "Sportnado" is probably one of the best typos I'm going to see all day, because that Vlade analytics article was to news as "Sharknado" is to movies.

He is from the same Brooklyn Nets team that gave Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Gerald Wallace those ridiculous contracts, how good can this salary cap guru be? :eek:
I'm not sure those decisions are on the "cap guru". Those are just bad talent/value assessments, which is another guy's job.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've been following Marks on twitter for some time now, and he's one of the most knowledgeable people there. I don't think there's any connection between Oliver's leaving, and Marks being interviewed. Marks, besides being one of the few insiders that has credibility, is a cap guru who will also bring a wealth of NBA experience and knowledge with him. Hopefully he'll continue to be on twitter.

gunks

Hall of Famer
My theory:

Vlade is offering his buddies minor roles in positions where their lack of experience won't hurt us.

While at the same time, he's going after more established names for the more important roles in the FO. He was going after Shlenk (sp?) as well.

Naturally, the media is going to talk about the minor, nepotistic signings, so that they can continue to push the "Kings are a joke" narrative, while ignoring the smart moves.