Utah v. Seattle

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sonics threatening to go down -- would knock them back to only a half game up on us + tied int he loss column.

Jazz up 98-88 with 4min to go.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Because of the standings, I have been watching this game. It is amazing how much better the Jazz play with AK47.

Jazz lead 104-93 with 1:57 to go

Bricklayer

stoyak said:
AK47 with 5 blocks in 20 minutes !

Does anyone know what is the all-time record of blocks per game?
low double figures somewhere. They only started keeping that stat in the 70's so they missed the years of Bill Russel or Wilt blocking dozens of stumpy little white guys.

Bricklayer

Actually here is the list:

MOST BLOCKED SHOTS - SINGLE GAME
Player Blks Date
Elmore Smith, LA vs Port 17 10/28/73
Manute Bol, Wash vs Atl 15 1/25/86
Manute Bol, Wash vs Ind 15 2/26/87
Shaquille O'Neal, Orl at NJ 15 11/20/93

A

AriesMar27

HndsmCelt said:
Sonics are streaky and tonight they just aren't hitting. 3rd place here we come!
ugh.... wrong division.... the top three in each division get the top three seeds, north west, pacific and southwest leaders get those spots... so unless the kings and sonics pass up phoenix... we're stuck at 4th seed.

AriesMar27 said:
ugh.... wrong division.... the top three in each division get the top three seeds, north west, pacific and southwest leaders get those spots... so unless the kings and sonics pass up phoenix... we're stuck at 4th seed.
True, but having the third best record would give the Kings homecourt advantage against any team with a worse record, regardless of final playoff seeding, which could be beneficial in the WCF (presuming the Kings can make it that far as the 4th seed if that's where they end up).

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
AriesMar27 said:
There is a difference between ranking s and seedings. Yes while the Kings would not take the third place in terms of official standings, they WILL have the third best record none the less.

A

AriesMar27

true.... but that wouldnt help against san antonio..... and the twolves will probably be out in the 1st round so i still dont see how that helps. they wouldnt have home court in the second or third rounds anyways....

i have said this before, i will say it again: the fall of jazz started with arroyo (his return) and the rise of jazz started with arroyo (his departure). lopez will be a much better pg for the jazz; arroyo will be poor man's billups (ironic that now they are in the same team).

the sonics are a good team but when they struggle from the 3 they tend to struggle... and usually lose when allen, radmanovic and rashard are all off...

i had to see the final score twice before i believed that the Jazz won...go Jazz!

After the night befores spanking of the Lakers...the Sonics just had what we all know to be a "let-down game"

Bricklayer

twocents said:
i have said this before, i will say it again: the fall of jazz started with arroyo (his return) and the rise of jazz started with arroyo (his departure). lopez will be a much better pg for the jazz; arroyo will be poor man's billups (ironic that now they are in the same team).
That may have been a factor, but I doubt that its just coincidence that the return of Arroyo and departure of Arroyo roughly corresponded with the departure and return of Kirilenko. Would have to be a MUCH bigger factor IMHO.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
Actually here is the list:

MOST BLOCKED SHOTS - SINGLE GAME
Player Blks Date
Elmore Smith, LA vs Port 17 10/28/73
Manute Bol, Wash vs Atl 15 1/25/86
Manute Bol, Wash vs Ind 15 2/26/87
Shaquille O'Neal, Orl at NJ 15 11/20/93

Thanks!