[UTA/HOU] Game 2 - Boozer on fire ... and rest of series

Carlos Boozer is killing the Rockets this game, hitting all sorts of jumpers and layups over and around Yao. 27 points in the 3rd quarter.

Unfortunately (for the Jazz), the Rockets are still up by 4 with 3+ minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

TMac is going to get 40 one of these games. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a 20 point 4th quarter.
If Boozer doesn't end up with 40 this game, it will be because the Jazz quit looking for him. Almost everything he throws up there hits nothing but net.

Boozer got his 40 but no one else showed up for the Jazz. They still don't have an answer to Yao or TMac so its looking good.

And if our players just start making their 3 pointers, we should be able to finish this off.

If Utah doesn't get out in transition, they won't beat Houston.

Yeah that's pretty much what it comes down to for them. They can't beat TMac/Yao in a half court game. Too much star player, both guys are good in iso situations. And on the other Utah's 2nd/3rd/4th guys are getting shut down.

I think Houston wins the series and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sweep. One of these games TMac is going for 40, he's due for 1 IMO.

Houston won't sweep this series, if only because I can't see Utah NOT running more at home, where they are a lot better. They'll get at least one home game. They need to win both though, if not this series is over in 5.

This will be a sweep to much Yao/Mac, boozer can not win this by himself. He is not even at the level that Yao or Mac are at.

If AK-47 doesn't get himself together, Jazz have no chance whatsoever. I'm sure Jerry Sloan is VERY sympathetic toward his mental breakdowns ;)

of all the first round series, this is the last one I would've picked for a 2 game hold at home for the higher seed.

I've been impressed with Boozer's play. I'm sure it's been said before many times, but I think that guy did himself and Lebron a disservice bolting for the Jazz a few years ago. Cavs would be legitimate contenders with those two on one team.

Next game Jazz win for sure, rockets cant get any more home cooking calls. I watched the first half and the refs were pathetic and most calls went the rockets way to keep them in the game. I knew the result so I switched it off, but I am guessing the next one or two will go the jazz way

Next game Jazz win for sure, rockets cant get any more home cooking calls. I watched the first half and the refs were pathetic and most calls went the rockets way to keep them in the game. I knew the result so I switched it off, but I am guessing the next one or two will go the jazz way
Anyone see that charging call against Fisher to end the game last night?? That will go down as one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Didn't totally cost Utah the game as they would have still been down by 2 but the official who called it shouldn't work anymore games.

Anyone see that charging call against Fisher to end the game last night?? That will go down as one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Didn't totally cost Utah the game as they would have still been down by 2 but the official who called it shouldn't work anymore games.
Man, he ran the guy over, fisher did not know what the hell he was doing he thought that he would get bailed out with that call.

Man, he ran the guy over, fisher did not know what the hell he was doing he thought that he would get bailed out with that call.
Did you watch the play??? The guy he "ran over" slid right in front of him as Fisher ran past!!

I'm not one to defend Fisher as he's had his share of bogus calls with his flopping but the guy was nowhere near set and left the man he was guarding to slide over in front of him.

Did you watch the play??? The guy he "ran over" slid right in front of him as Fisher ran past!!

I'm not one to defend Fisher as he's had his share of bogus calls with his flopping but the guy was nowhere near set and left the man he was guarding to slide over in front of him.

I watch that play over and over, the guy did not now what the hell he was doing. Sure the the defender moved but Fisher charged into the line and used his right shoulder to try to create room and typically when a offence player does that he gets the call against him no matter what the defender does.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So if early indications of game 7 hold true, then how much blame is Tracy McGrady going to have to assume for the loss?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know he's said so, but how much blame do you think the Rocket fans will place on his shoulders. I know you visit that Rocket board. How do you gauge their feelings?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Again, probably all of it. Nobody's going to say that the Rockets lost because Rafer Alston and Luther Head didn't step up...

Man, I'm praying that Houston steps their game up in the second half; I don't mind the Jazz in general, but I absolutely loathe Bam-boozer... guy isn't far behind FSM on my most-hated list.

Last edited:
well, Boozer has been the best player in the Game 7 to this point. TMac has 20 seconds left to salvage the season for the Rockets. I think he's performed alright in this 4th quarter, but he's settled for too many jumpers when the Jazz were over the foul limit.

well, the Rockets really bungled the clock management in that last 20 seconds, and will be going fishing. TMac now 0-5 in the playoffs (I think).

If Houston could've controlled their defensive glass down the stretch, I think they win that game. Okur made a couple of threes following rebounds that the Rockets failed to secure.

Maybe Jeff Van Gundy will now get fired. Replaced with Stan Van Gundy? I saw where his older brother is under consideration (maybe already interviewed) for the Bobcats head coach opening.

A

AriesMar27

weak rebounding cost the rockets the game... how many second chance shots ended up with wide open utah threes?

Let's send rebounding whiz Kenny Thomas to the rescue!

And looks like SVG is out. The coaching carousel spins on. Carlisle a good fit in Hou?

question: couldn't the rockets have rotated their defensive assignments so that t-mac was guarding the 3, alston/head guarding the 2, and battier guarding deron williams?