Tyreke Evans = National televison again?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I checked our archives and the pre-season schedule was released Aug. 13, so I'm guessing we won't see anything until right around then at the earliest.

A

AriesMar27

wow our schedule doesnt look that bad.... now that i see the schedule we could definitely win some of these early games if we can catch a team off guard.

in the first month we play okc twice, memphis twice, hornets twice and houston twice. we could win a few of those games. oct/november could be our best month of the season...

K

Kingsguy881

wow our schedule doesnt look that bad.... now that i see the schedule we could definitely win some of these early games if we can catch a team off guard.

in the first month we play okc twice, memphis twice, hornets twice and houston twice. we could win a few of those games. oct/november could be our best month of the season...
Bi-polar much?

A

AriesMar27

not really... we start the season off playing really bad teams... if they can split those games they would have all of 6 wins... which is not that bad for a team that wont be making the playoffs... if they lose all of those games there will be hell to pay.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
not really... we start the season off playing really bad teams... if they can split those games they would have all of 6 wins... which is not that bad for a team that wont be making the playoffs... if they lose all of those games there will be hell to pay.
As much as I pick on you, I do not envy you this year...

Go out on New Year's Eve and have a great time just in case New Year's Day isn't quite what you might hope for. A Kings-Lakers game AND a hangover? Not good...unless, of course, the Kings can do the highly unlikely. I'll actually be thinking of you and rooting more than usual.

And closing the season against the Lakers? Maybe I haven't fully understood just how difficult it can be as a Kings fan in LA, but even I can see the potential for an extremely frustrating day leading into a whole TDOS of nothing but taunts from your friends.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AriesMar27 - I think the league office has it in for you. I just noticed the Kings also play the Lakers the day after Christmas. Talk about a double whammy.

A

AriesMar27

AriesMar27 - I think the league office has it in for you. I just noticed the Kings also play the Lakers the day after Christmas. Talk about a double whammy.
now do you guys see where i'm coming from? the few times i do get to see the kings play its against the lakers.... if the cavs beat the lakers on xmas we all know what will happen to the kings the next day. a beat down, we might lose by 30+ points.... i cant go to a bar and watch the game. if you guys/gals go to a bar in sacramento and they lose you keep drinking. if i go to a bar in los angeles to watch the kings i am quiet and sober.... because we all know that laker fans are some of the dumbest fans in the history of professional sports; when they are sober. they riot when they win....

I have a strange feeling that the Kings will surprise everyone this season. When I look at Evans/Martin/Casspi/Hawes/Thompson - I can't help but be excited.

If you look at that 5 individually, that's a very good team who may win quite a few games. However, we don't know yet how they'll play together, which is the most important part of being good.

I honestly don't give 2 craps whether the Kings get nationally televised games or not. All I need is to turn on Comcast SportsNet and watch my favorite team exceed all expectations and handle other NBA teams one by one. I could care less how much national exposure we get.

Maybe it's just me, though :cool:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a strange feeling that the Kings will surprise everyone this season. When I look at Evans/Martin/Casspi/Hawes/Thompson - I can't help but be excited.

If you look at that 5 individually, that's a very good team who may win quite a few games. However, we don't know yet how they'll play together, which is the most important part of being good.

I honestly don't give 2 craps whether the Kings get nationally televised games or not. All I need is to turn on Comcast SportsNet and watch my favorite team exceed all expectations and handle other NBA teams one by one. I could care less how much national exposure we get.

Maybe it's just me, though :cool:
Unfortunately, not all Kings fans have the option to just turn on Comcast SportsNet. We have fans all over the country and their only opportunity to see the Kings if they cannot afford League Pass is to wait for the occasional nationally covered game. THAT'S what a number of them are upset about.

Unfortunately, not all Kings fans have the option to just turn on Comcast SportsNet. We have fans all over the country and their only opportunity to see the Kings if they cannot afford League Pass is to wait for the occasional nationally covered game. THAT'S what a number of them are upset about.

Good point, VF. However, whether we get 2 or 5 televised games in a season, does it really make much difference to those fans? Most will likely either get NBA TV or watch through the internet anyway :)

I agree. If they can start off 1-2, they play 6 of their next 7 at home. And most of those games aren't against good teams. If a young team gets off to a good start, it is amazing what a little confidence will do for them when the schedule gets tougher.

now do you guys see where i'm coming from? the few times i do get to see the kings play its against the lakers.... if the cavs beat the lakers on xmas we all know what will happen to the kings the next day. a beat down, we might lose by 30+ points.... i cant go to a bar and watch the game. if you guys/gals go to a bar in sacramento and they lose you keep drinking. if i go to a bar in los angeles to watch the kings i am quiet and sober.... because we all know that laker fans are some of the dumbest fans in the history of professional sports; when they are sober. they riot when they win....
While I'm sure it is much worse down there, the Laker fans always come out to the bars here in Sac as well. And they tend to get louder and more obnoxious when their team wins. :(

A

AriesMar27

While I'm sure it is much worse down there, the Laker fans always come out to the bars here in Sac as well. And they tend to get louder and more obnoxious when their team wins. :(
you guys get a few laker fans.... im the only kings fan in a laker bar... my situation is much harder. if they are too drunk i claim to be a clipper fan. you know its bad when the safest thing to do is claim to be a clipper fan. what if the kings win? huh? i might end up on the 10 o'clock news. "a los angeles native local kings fan was brutally attacked outside of staples center when the sacramento kings actually won a game..."

you guys get a few laker fans.... im the only kings fan in a laker bar... my situation is much harder. if they are too drunk i claim to be a clipper fan. you know its bad when the safest thing to do is claim to be a clipper fan. what if the kings win? huh? i might end up on the 10 o'clock news. "a los angeles native local kings fan was brutally attacked outside of staples center when the sacramento kings actually won a game..."
Hahaha, are you guys really serious? I'm a die hard Kings fan that lives in Orange County. I get **** for being a Kings fan, but it's always in good spirit. I have no problem with Lakers fans other than their team of choice LOL.

A

AriesMar27

Hahaha, are you guys really serious? I'm a die hard Kings fan that lives in Orange County. I get **** for being a Kings fan, but it's always in good spirit. I have no problem with Lakers fans other than their team of choice LOL.
im a bold kings fan, i dont hide the fact that im a kings fan. but it can get you beat up in the wrong neighborhood.

im a bold kings fan, i dont hide the fact that im a kings fan. but it can get you beat up in the wrong neighborhood.
Yes it can. I make sure I don't wear my Raiders or Kings stuff in any area I don't feel completely comfortable in. I get crap for being a Kings fan even here in the heart of California.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm a Kings fan in Lakers land. I go to bars all the time and talk mad ****. And it usually is in fun. Early last season when we actually beat the Lakers it was glorious. I probably would have gotten beaten up if it wasnt for the fact that I'm 6' 2 and kinda gnar lookin.

Unfortunately its been a bit hard to talk **** considering the Lakers just won a ring and we have the worst team in the league. My only lines lately have been "Good luck with Ron" followed by a mysterious laugh, "How long/much is Bynum signed for again?" and "In 3 years Tyreke is gonna beast all over Kobe!". Sigh.

Sad state here though. We're all Kings fans. We're all entitled to our opinions whether they are pessimistic or optimistic.

And to answer the question of the thread. I actually do think Tyreke will get us on National TV again, kid is going to be legit. Not a PG, but legit. 20+/6/5....I think the TEAM will get us on National TV again. We wallowed for way too many seasons, but this rebuild is going to be over in the offseason of 2010. Then comes the playoff hunt.

you think you guys have it rough, i'm MARRIED to a lakers fan.
My brother's a Laker fan. It's the one thing I hold against him. ;)

I'm convinced one of us must be adopted. Since he's the one born in Southern Cal, it must be him. :p

He promises me that if its a Kings/Lakers game he always roots for the Kings. But that's like a win-win situation for him. I hated congratulating him on ANOTHER Lakers' championship last season. :mad:

Yes it can. I make sure I don't wear my Raiders or Kings stuff in any area I don't feel completely comfortable in. I get crap for being a Kings fan even here in the heart of California.
I am going to be sporting my Bengal gear at the Raider game on 11/22.. Hope to make it home in one piece!

A

AriesMar27

a couple of la kings (hockey) fans made fun of me for wearing a chris webber jersey once, that was harsh. it was back in 2002, it was so weird. im like arent we all kings fans? the hate runs deep in los angeles. and i have no ammo, we couldnt even lose our way to the number 1 pick. the damn clippers got it. of all of the teams to get it. why the clippers? that just gives them more ammo. its like putting a fire out with gasoline.

a couple of la kings (hockey) fans made fun of me for wearing a chris webber jersey once, that was harsh. it was back in 2002, it was so weird. im like arent we all kings fans? the hate runs deep in los angeles. and i have no ammo, we couldnt even lose our way to the number 1 pick. the damn clippers got it. of all of the teams to get it. why the clippers? that just gives them more ammo. its like putting a fire out with gasoline.
Regardless of who got the #1 pick the Kings ended up getting a very good and promising player with the #4 pick. Once Tyreke man handles Fisher/Farmar/Vujacic this coming season you'll have plenty of ammo.

A

AriesMar27

Regardless of who got the #1 pick the Kings ended up getting a very good and promising player with the #4 pick. Once Tyreke man handles Fisher/Farmar/Vujacic this coming season you'll have plenty of ammo.
he man handles fisher but we still lose the game. unless he is man handling kobe it wont make a difference. laker fans dont care about what happens to those players as long as kobe is okay....

he man handles fisher but we still lose the game. unless he is man handling kobe it wont make a difference. laker fans dont care about what happens to those players as long as kobe is okay....
Maybe Tyreke will be playing SG at some point in a game vs the Lakers and Kobe will be guarding him and Tyreke will "break his ankles" n Kobe will get hurt.....Aw man i just woke up from this great dream I was having....