Ty Lawson?

I don't like it.

It's 2.65 for JT's final year also. And if we have to pay that no matter what, and the cap increases I want to resign him most likely that final season.

Tell me what you are getting from Lawson that's really going to be a valuable commodity over Collison? Especially at his salary?

Landry makes JT's contract worse than it is, but once that cap goes up he will be just fine backing Cousins up if we draft WCS after he gets a season under his belt. And to toss a prospect Denvers way too, no thanks.
Let's be honest here, Lawson is a more talented player, a much better play maker and a passer but not as good a defender (especially pressure defence) than Collison. If we are talking value for money, then Collison is probably a more valuable assett. However, NBA is a talent league and Lawson is a more talented player of the two and a genuine starter on a good team.

Now I am not saying I want Lawson, I am saying that I can absolutely see us making a play for him and giving up Collison in the process. As Bricklayer suggested, ideally, if we get Lawson you would want to keep Collison as well but unless we are giving up our pick, I cannot see how that can work. Karl has a comfort zone with Lawson and I am sure he would want us to get him. I am saying that if we can draft WCS, get Lawson and still have cap space to sign a solid veteran shooting guard and a back up big man, we end up being a better, more talented team than last year and that is the bottom line here.

Collison is far far from untouchable as some people make him out to be. If anything his career has been wildly inconsistent and there is no guarantee he plays as well next season as he has for this one.

Collison fits much better next to Cuz and Rudy, end of story. Collison's career was wildly inconsistent in terms of his role. Ask him to be your 2nd option, and you better have one of the best defensive units, because team will struggle to score. Dallas didn't. Hill won starting spot in Indiana thanks to his defense. Darren spent last year behind/with best small defender in the NBA, and looks like he learnt a lot.

Collison fits much better next to Cuz and Rudy, end of story. Collison's career was wildly inconsistent in terms of his role. Ask him to be your 2nd option, and you better have one of the best defensive units, because team will struggle to score. Dallas didn't. Hill won starting spot in Indiana thanks to his defense. Darren spent last year behind/with best small defender in the NBA, and looks like he learnt a lot.
This is nothing more than a speculation on your part. No one saw Collison fitting in as well as he did. No one knows how Lawson would fit with Cousins and Rudy! We can all speculate as much as we want but we have no idea how that trio would work together unless we see it for a number of games.

Lawson is a better, more talented and more consistent player over their respective careers. Now in my eyes he is not an ideal PG for this team but that's just my opinion that I have nothing to base on than hunch and suspicion. But then again, Collison is not a perfect fit either.

All I know is that for how ever many years we just came off another sub 30 win season. This tells me we need major talent upgrade on our roster across the board. If that means I can upgrade a position that I have a very serviceable, dependable veteran in for a more talented player, I am going to look into that. The only position where we possibly cannot get any better at is C because Cousins is the best at his position. Everything else is open for consideration, even SF where Rudy Gay has been great for us. Upgrading SF is somewhat unrealistic as we are unlikely to get a better SF than Rudy but the rest of the positions in the starting line up and the bench, I am open to upgrading. PF, SG, PG, bench....I am all ears and open to upgrading talent at any of those positions.

Lawson never played with ball-dominant players and doesn't play D. Plus people assume, that Darren will welcome the demotion - this group finally felt like a team, like they want to play for each other this season, and this move would threaten that. So you likely break something that worked for something that might not and might still yield worse results, even if it works. I'm not taking that bet, when Kings need help elsewhere.

Lawson never played with ball-dominant players and doesn't play D. Plus people assume, that Darren will welcome the demotion - this group finally felt like a team, like they want to play for each other this season, and this move would threaten that. So you likely break something that worked for something that might not and might still yield worse results, even if it works. I'm not taking that bet, when Kings need help elsewhere.
Errr....Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith......