Tropical Island IPOD Singles Draft Thread - Pending playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most theme songs have been released in some way by the recording artist/composer that made them. Go research your picks and see if this is really even an issue.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
hmmmmmmmm.....

I am thinking no on that unless it has been released in some audio only format under a record label. If enough people care about them, I might be open to debate.

Given that this is an Ipod draft and the digital age, why not just make it a question if the theme song is purchaseable as a singel via ITunes (or whatever other service)? If it is, then obviously it could get onto your IPod, if its not...

If there's room left, I'll give it a try.
Great. Welcome. That is 16. I am off to the randomizer thingy.

I would like to hear from more participants, if they think theme songs should be used, or not. I will not consider any further into the foray than Brick's proposal.

This is the official Draft Order

AleksandarN
bozzwell
Bricklayer
Mr. Slim Citrus
Prophetess
SacKings7
Kingzrool
Kings Faithful
Warhawk
tradepeja
D-Mass
Jespher
Monty'sBiggestFan
MassachusettsKingsFan
pdxKingsFan
VF21

Last edited:
Given that this is an Ipod draft and the digital age, why not just make it a question if the theme song is purchaseable as a singel via ITunes (or whatever other service)? If it is, then obviously it could get onto your IPod, if its not...
In the spirit of including as much as possible, I am accepting any theme song that can be purchased as a song, not a ring tone. Links will need to be provided.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

I continue to lucky with draft order...in all the drafts where me picking high is kind of a waste. :p

Well...actually getting the high pick to nab Ms. Beckinsale in the Hot Babes draft was cool, but otherwise I'm a waste of a high spot.

The format that I am looking for is:

Title - Artist - Version

Version can be "from the LP ...", "from the CD...", "from the 12 inch.....", "such and such remix from such and such medium" etc., etc., etc.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I continue to lucky with draft order...in all the drafts where me picking high is kind of a waste. :p

Well...actually getting the high pick to nab Ms. Beckinsale in the Hot Babes draft was cool, but otherwise I'm a waste of a high spot.
And I have not been higher than mid-draft yet. :(

Although other than the movie draft I doubt it will matter for me. Several of my favorite films were gone right off the bat there. I doubt anyone will be picking many of the same songs as I will anyways based on the music draft.

Bricklayer

Indeed in a singles draft there are so MANY possibilities, that I can only think of a handful that are sure to go to somebody. I haven't even really bothered putting together a list yet since I could throw out any of 100 wihtout even breaking a sweat.

Based on some of your other music picks, I think you might be way overestimating that possibility.
Okay, I'll just have to say my #1 pick is one of the most universally acclaimed best (or at least top 10) songs ever, and is one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure its a favorite of many on the board, and it might be high enough to garner someone's #1 ahead of me.

So, no, I don't think I'm overestimating. Thanks for the help though.

Bricklayer

Not what I would have expected for this pick, but oh so appropriate for an island prison. :)

Quick story: When I was freshman in college the hazing ritual on the football team was to have groups of the frosh stand up on a table in the cafeteria every morning during two-a-days and sing a song of the upper classmen's choice to the entire team/coaching staff during breakfast. Don't Worry Be Happy was the song chosen for my trio. Being both incredibly stubborn and humorless when it came to hazing, as well as remarkably embarrassed by public performance of any kind, I flat out refused and gained an early rep for orneriness and not being a team player.

Oh....can I complain about my draft order now, or do I have to wait until I get screwed out of a pick?

Good thing I clicked on this draft thread else I wouldn't have known the randomizer had jacked me. If I lose a draft pick with all the potential possibilities (That I disclosed in the other freaking thread..wtg me...) then I will be insufferable here like I've been in the movie thread...fyi folks...

;)

I am so happy I got an early pick. OK this might not be everyone's cup of a tea. With the first pick in the draft I need a song that will be up lifting. You're suck on a island you need a pick me up song.

Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby Mcferrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy
Well, I'll say this...

I did not see that one coming.

Bricklayer

Man...this draft is going to be impossible. Decided to make a list, so pulled up my Itunes playlists and just started running through them by artist -- came up with 25 singles to take along by the end of the B's alone and gave it up.

Last edited:
Great pick. But, move away from these types of songs, pls, draft.

Just a quick question.....what's everyone's iPod stats? Mine:

5675 songs
14.8 day run time
31.91 GB

I really should make a top 25 list...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.