33 Mikki Moore F-C 7-0 225 11/04/1975 Nebraska 10
15 John Salmons G-F 6-6 207 12/12/1979 Miami (Fla.) 6
9 Kenny Thomas F 6-7 245 07/25/1977 New Mexico 9
34 Jason Thompson F 6-11 250 07/21/1986 Rider R
19 Beno Udrih G 6-3 205 07/05/1982 Slovenia 4
22 Shelden Williams F-C 6-9 250 10/21/1983 Duke 2
7 Zhang Kai F 6-10 235 12/01/1982 China R

HEAD COACH:
Reggie Theus (College - Nevada-Las Vegas)

ASSISTANT COACHES:

Kenny Natt (College - Northeast Louisiana)
Chuck Person (College - Auburn)
Rex Kalamian (College - Cal Poly Pomona)
Jason Hamm (College - South Alabama)
Randy Brown (College - New Mexico State)

ASSISTANT COACH/ADVANCE SCOUT:

Bubba Burrage (College - Cal Poly)

STRENGTH-AND-CONDITIONING COACH:

Daniel Shapiro (College - Seattle Pacific)

ATHLETIC TRAINER:

Pete Youngman (College - Ithaca)

I don't think that they change official heights and weights from year to year. Pretty silly really, I remember that Peja was listed at 229 for like 5 straight years. That would be hard to do in reality.

Technically, they only need to cut two players. Obviously, China is not ready for the NBA, he just wants the experience. But the Noel might make it if he hits 12 threes in one quarter

Not sure if the above comment rings true, but of course those three would be cut. Looking at those players--Felix is an athletic freak with little shot, Bobby Jones is has played for five different teams last year alone, and Zhang Kai, according to this guy, is an athletic skinny 7-footer.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
After a mix-and-match two weeks of various combinations, we should see if Felix has enough game to stick around with Jones a real dark horse (unless GP knows something none of us do) and Zhang I would think is a courtesy. As others say, if Felix can hit the three and show some NBA game, who knows?

I wonder if any of the three will stick. I mean, we had to get rid of Singletary and Ewing to get under the luxury tax limit. Unless someone is phenomenal, it seems unlikely.

The kings are a political team. They make political trades and political re-signings and political extentions and political FA aquisitions. Offering CBA teams a revolving door into the NBA for a few of its' players is another positive political move. We can only hope one of China's players makes it in sacramento; it would have an enormous impact on fan base here and abroad. I like that sacramento plays only winning hands, and doesn't push more than it pulls. If there was a democracy within a democracy, i would vote Petrie for president of basketball operations, if given the chance. Petrie has a 67% approval rating, if i were to guess.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Um, what? Sorry but you lost me with "the Kings are a political team." You know we have a rule against talking politics around here.

:p

As expected the invitees this year aren't as interesting as previous years, where we pulled in projected 2nd round picks. Felix and Jones have both been around the block already.

Zhang Kai is the unknown and if anything that gives him the edge in intrigue, however he'll be 26 soon. I don't think any make the team, but Jones probably has the best shot.

Entity

Hall of Famer
As expected the invitees this year aren't as interesting as previous years, where we pulled in projected 2nd round picks. Felix and Jones have both been around the block already.

Zhang Kai is the unknown and if anything that gives him the edge in intrigue, however he'll be 26 soon. I don't think any make the team, but Jones probably has the best shot.
We dont need interesting undrafted players this year. We actually got interesting 1st round picks that should and will get a very extensive look in camp and preseason to see if they could be ready to contribute early.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
We dont need interesting undrafted players this year. We actually got interesting 1st round picks that should and will get a very extensive look in camp and preseason to see if they could be ready to contribute early.
Yep!

Betcha couple other teams have a chinese player in pre-season. Stern has big plans over there in the coming years. The Lakers actually signed a chinese player to a 2-year contract. So, who knows.....

I notice all 3 invitees are forwards tho' along with rookie Greene. Kings will need to more behind Salmons and Cisco is the 6th man no matter which position they want him to play, sorta like a 6-7 BJax.

Media day is today around 2 to 4. Training camp has begun sports fans! lets see if brad miller looks like the douche he did last year on media day!

Bobby Jones would be a decent candidate for the last spot if we get current year cap relief on SAR and/or move Salmons, but I don't know that either of those can happen before the start of the season.

and Zhang Kai, according to this guy, is an athletic skinny 7-footer.
I am "that guy". Anyway, Zhang Kai is a good player offensively, quite athletic, mobile and a pretty good shooter with a long range. He didnt start playing in the Chinese CBA league until he was 23 or so, but in a few years he soon became one of the top domestic players in the league. He did not make the Olympic team because his style is very similar to Yi Jianlian's and we needed Wang Zhizhi for more variety in the PF position.

Possibly. He just turned 20 in April. I know he grew an inch in his college year. It's conceivable that he hasn't quite stopped growing yet.