[Game] Trailblazers @ Kings - 2/2/12

My, what a priggish lots of whiners y'all are. All it takes is for folks to express an outlook/opinion you don't like and the board gets their collective panties in a twist. It's like dealing with a bunch of women at the wrong time of the month.
What's even better is you then go on to degrade anyone who calls you out for your own overwhelming negativity about the Kings. You really are a fun troll

My, what a priggish lots of whiners y'all are. All it takes is for folks to express an outlook/opinion you don't like and the board gets their collective panties in a twist. It's like dealing with a bunch of women at the wrong time of the month.
Who was the whiner here? I bet you pissed and moaned from tipoff to the coaches interview. Sorry you couldn't enjoy the win.

Who was the whiner here? I bet you pissed and moaned from tipoff to the coaches interview. Sorry you couldn't enjoy the win.
Never said I didn't enjoy the win, so your "apology" isn't necessary. I should apologize to you though for having my own opinion. You have my sincere condolences...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I hate how 100% of Keith Smart's interviews involve him talking. This team sucks. If it was Westphal talking, the board would be up in arms.

What's even better is you then go on to degrade anyone who calls you out for your own overwhelming negativity about the Kings. You really are a fun troll
"overwhelming negativity"? Hahaha, you're funny. I'm sorry that you confuse realism with negativity, seems to be a widespread problem here.

"overwhelming negativity"? Hahaha, you're funny. I'm sorry that you confuse realism with negativity, seems to be a widespread problem here.
In what world is "I'm pissed we lost the tip" after beating a very good playoff team not negativity? We don't get to enjoy many good wins as Kings fan and you're complaining about something that literally means nothing in the game of basketball

In what world is "I'm pissed we lost the tip" after beating a very good playoff team not negativity? We don't get to enjoy many good wins as Kings fan and you're complaining about something that literally means nothing in the game of basketball
That's not even what i said. I said it pisses me off that they seem to lose most tips. I was replying to someone else who was pissed about something as well. If you're too fragile to handle all the "negativity", maybe you should just put folks like me on ignore. You'd be doing us both a favor, trust me.

That's not even what i said. I said it pisses me off that they seem to lose most tips. I was replying to someone else who was pissed about something as well. If you're too fragile to handle all the "negativity", maybe you should just put folks like me on ignore. You'd be doing us both a favor, trust me.
Once again you revert to degrading other posters who decide to call you out on something.

To be pissed about something as meaningless as tips just shows your refusal to be pleased about anything related to Kings basketball

I will become RICH and FAMOUS for inventing a very sophisticated device that will allow you to mute Jerry while hearing everything else, and also a device that will allow you to punch Grant through the TV screen.

I swear to God I can't listen to these dudes.

But perhaps I'm overreacting. I love when Grant rips the team for playing like a bunch of amateurs and stuff he yells out when the Kings sink the game winner/do nice dunk etc, but other than that stfuuuU!

Whatever, I'm just a hater

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
GOOD NEWS! I found the key and unlocked the door. You're no longer trapped here. I hope you can find a place where your insights and wit are more appreciated.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Judging by some of the comments here, if I didn't see the game I'd assume that we lost it... badly at that. Sad.
Please don't allow the negative commentary of a couple of posters taint your impression of the game. It was hard-fought, it was very entertaining and we won. A good night to be a Kings fan.

Please don't allow the negative commentary of a couple of posters taint your impression of the game. It was hard-fought, it was very entertaining and we won. A good night to be a Kings fan.
You are such an optimistic and gentle soul. I wish I could do it like you! Sadly this win doesn't change my negative spin on what this team is at the end of the day. Difficult to enjoy a win for me and my posse of realistic people

Once again you revert to degrading other posters who decide to call you out on something.

To be pissed about something as meaningless as tips just shows your refusal to be pleased about anything related to Kings basketball
I didn't degrade anyone. I was attacked for expressing my opinion so I defended myself. Has it ever occurred to you that the problem may be that folks feel the need to "call out" people for merely having an opinion? Grow a thicker skin and learn to deal with the fact that we don't all see things the same way. It's OK for you to react your way and me to react my way.

I got to see the 4th quarter only and man it was exciting!! :D Yes, it is indeed a great night to be a Kings fan!

I didn't degrade anyone. I was attacked for expressing my opinion so I defended myself. Has it ever occurred to you that the problem may be that folks feel the need to "call out" people for merely having an opinion? Grow a thicker skin and learn to deal with the fact that we don't all see things the same way. It's OK for you to react your way and me to react my way.
If you're the "realist" you say you are, then why not comment on something that actually means something to the game of basketball? Being pissed about losing tips really is one of the strangest things i've ever heard/read someone being mad about.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you're the "realist" you say you are, then why not comment on something that actually means something to the game of basketball? Being pissed about losing tips really is one of the strangest things i've ever heard/read someone being mad about.
You aren't going to win an argument with him for one simple reason: He truly enjoys playing the devil's advocate and seeing how many threads he can hijack or derail. I, too, fall victim to the temptation but, much like in "War Games," the "only way to win is not to play."

:)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't like those blue headbands. I don't like them at all. It's time to boycott the NBA until the normal bands are back.

You aren't going to win an argument with him for one simple reason: He truly enjoys playing the devil's advocate and seeing how many threads he can hijack or derail. I, too, fall victim to the temptation but, much like in "War Games," the "only way to win is not to play."

:)
It's sad really, because I think he's capable of carrying out a good basketball discussion. But his refusal to acknowledge anything positive with this team really is getting old pretty quick

Some people are happy they got a B, some people are mad they didn't get an A. Likewise, some people like to revel in a good win for a win, while some people like to find ways the team can continue to be better. Diff strokes... Some see a good fend off in the 4th, others see ways where they won't need to be in that position. Both are right. Both should have their say. What's stupid is talking about talking about it, which you have all entertained.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some people are happy they got a B, some people are mad they didn't get an A. Likewise, some people like to revel in a good win for a win, while some people like to find ways the team can continue to be better. Diff strokes... Some see a good fend off in the 4th, others see ways where they won't need to be in that position. Both are right. Both should have their say. What's stupid is talking about talking about it, which you have all entertained.
Good points. The only thing I would add is that it's all about how you present your opinions. Some posters seem hell-bent on an "in your face" approach, which just never seems to do anything but alienate other posters.