[Game] Trailblazers @ Kings - 12/27/15 - 6 pm PST, 9 pm EST

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This team goes from cautious optimism to soul crushing awfulness on a quarter to quarter basis... They shouldn't be as bad as they are sometimes, but the fact is that they are. And it's probably not changing any time soon :(

I wish we had a coach that used the team to its strengths... I wonder who that could be?

We have a long list this season of losing games we should win. That will not change until we make significant changes. Even if we somehow make the playoffs, we will be a laughing stock playing like this. It's complete rubbish and its all Karl

The fact that McLemore is our best defender is telling. It's tough to have a guard rotation that is this bad defensively. It's why I wanted Winslow in the Draft.
So with a team with little defensive talent, the natural response is to A: develop the best defensive squad/scheme to use, and B: have a play style that lessens the opposition's advantage. Not only has Karl totally ignored whatever defensive ability we have, but we play at the league's top pace and therefore allow the best scoring against us instead of slowing the pace, lessening possessions, and playing the best matchups.

Our wins are ussually based on hoping the other teams perimeter players miss shots they ussually make, see Paul George, thats fools gold, defense needs to come first and foremost, a slowed pace while pounding Rudy and Cuz down low and getting to the line would work much better.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Karl sounds like dearth vader at the podium. Said easier to get big guys open on the perimeter said that's the way the game is going.

So with a team with little defensive talent, the natural response is to A: develop the best defensive squad/scheme to use, and B: have a play style that lessens the opposition's advantage. Not only has Karl totally ignored whatever defensive ability we have, but we play at the league's top pace and therefore allow the best scoring against us instead of slowing the pace, lessening possessions, and playing the best matchups.
I don't disagree with any of that, but with Rondo you have to find a balance. He's at his best in the open court and part of his resurgence has to do with the pace were playing.

Rudy really needs to go. He's not a #2 on any other team in the league except the Sixers. I don't think he's a #3 on most good teams. Far too inconsistent of a player.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't disagree with any of that, but with Rondo you have to find a balance. He's at his best in the open court and part of his resurgence has to do with the pace were playing.
Perhaps for us, but one of the interesting parts of his resurgence here is that prior to coming here it was an article of faith that he was st his best in the HALFcourt. Then we happened.

His second half turnover fest/flameout happened once before not too long ago. And it just kills us every time. I'm not sure what is causing such dramatic turnarounds.

Perhaps for us, but one of the interesting parts of his resurgence here is that prior to coming here it was an article of faith that he was st his best in the HALFcourt. Then we happened.

His second half turnover fest/flameout happened once before not too long ago. And it just kills us every time. I'm not sure what is causing such dramatic turnarounds.
The league in general does a better job defending point guards that can't shoot in the half court then they did during Boston's final runs. Thibs after getting away from that Boston team changed how teams guard the pick and roll.

Rondo was giving up his dribble in the paint and it lead to various TOs. If you are giving up your dribble in the paint, then you better be looking to the rim. Blazers started to dare him to score at the rim with a sucked in D. and he didn't punish them for it.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Rudy really needs to go. He's not a #2 on any other team in the league except the Sixers. I don't think he's a #3 on most good teams. Far too inconsistent of a player.
Rudy would be an awesome number 3. Malone had him looking like a legit 2.

But without good coaching, I agree that he is mad inconsistent.